or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › ** TTC 6+ Months ~ JUNE & JULY! **
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

** TTC 6+ Months ~ JUNE & JULY! ** - Page 2

post #21 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Maeryn Welcome, and huge hugs right now! I spent long periods of time away from my now DH when we were dating and he still lived in Germany. I know how hard that is to say goodbye, in fact we don't say it ever anymore. We say "see ya later." It was hard enough for me to be apart from him for months at a time, so my heart goes out to support you right now. How are you doing?
apart from going crazy? I'm fine. Obsessing over my body so I don't go crazy from missing him.

Wtf is this dip in my chart? it can't possibly be O this early! that would give me a 22 day cycle (if unsuccessful) which is completely unheard of for me. then again last month FF told me i had an 8 day lp apart from my usual 12.
post #22 of 355
mae, I'm not sure about your chart, honestly. I was really suspicious of your light and weird period followed by high temps, but you've been testing since then (I was still lurking you in the One but I had vowed to myself not to post there anymore...only here, personal non-obsessing reasons ). I just noticed that you listed stuffy nose for several days during the last week. Is it possible your high temps were from being sick?

also, I was wondering...do you v-temp, or temp orally? v-temping can be much more accurate. Keep us posted!
post #23 of 355
omg, what if you are Oing MAE!!!???? You would have a chance to catch that eggie!! (also, I second that v-temping). I did it once and that cycle had WAY steadier temps.
post #24 of 355
i kept temping this morning thinking maybe the thermometer was wrong but got within .01 degrees each time...

I'll try vag temping after my next AF...

and I don't think i was sick when i had the stuffy nose, my sinuses are sensitive to change and we were WAY north of where i normally live at the time. the sore throat would be caused by the same.

and i don't think you can really count under 97.7 as a high temp can you? lol... gosh i hate my body right now. at least i have a year to get this all figured out.
post #25 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Lauren, HOOORAY, YOU DIDN'T TEMP TODAY! How are you feeling, doll? : I'm thinking about you, you preggo.

AFM, staying home sick one more day. I'm feeling mostly better, but darnit, I just wanne sleep now that I can without all the aches and headaches! Is that so wrong? I feel guilty, which is my natural teacher instinct. Work work work!!!
oh I temped... hehe... I talked to the nurse this morning bc my husband was telling me I had to stop working out (I only go on the elliptical or bike for 45 minutes a day). He said he heard that it causes miscarriage. Of course everything I have read said it's fine especially if you are used to it but I wanted to be sure. I have been taking it down a notch since my BFP, going about 2/3 what my intensity used to be. The nurse said that it is encouraged to continue and to listen to your body, drink plenty of water, and slow down if you need to. She also confirmed that most mcs are chromosonal problems and are usually beyond our control. I think that made me feel better. I would hate to think I caused things!! It's weird I thought it would be hard to stop drinking wine with dinner and coffee in the mornings but it's quite easy. I just did not want to give up the reading time at the gym (I read a novel a week there! hahaha).
post #26 of 355
oooh also! I talked to the nurse about whether my husband would want to go to my appt on the 10th and she said, of course you can hear the heartbeat!! Well then I thought, ummm I will be 5 weeks, isn't that early? And she realized she had went off my lmp and didn't realize that when I said I knew when I ovulated meant I KNEW KNEW. Like I temped and charted. She said most women say they know when really they don't but bc I have my temps they are going to assume I am correct and if need be re-evaluate later. Thus I have to move my dr appt up one week... I am praying SO hard for a sticky baby. I want this so badly. It's weird how attached I have become already.
post #27 of 355
basically the only times a miscarriage happens that isn't chromosomes... is due to consuming certain herbs (like peppermint oil... or anything that can cause contractions) especially if you are sensitive to them... or major traumas. I nearly lost my son after a car accident at 18 weeks... but you'd be surprised how sticky a healthy baby can be! The placenta ripped apart from me so badly that after he was born there was still a golf-ball sized clot on it... and I'd been on bedrest for 22 weeks at that point! But he was healthy... perfectly healthy. 7 1/2 pounds, born 4 days after he was due.
post #28 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
It's weird how attached I have become already.
totally normal. I walked around talking to my belly and sending love-beams down. And your nurse is right. My MW said the same thing after our m/c, it was nothing we did wrong. She pointed out how everything needs to be just perfect chromosomally and timing-wise, and as long as we listen to our bodies and don't drink alcohol there's pretty much nothing we can do to cause a m/c. I think it's fabulous that you are in great shape, and keeping in shape will only be good for you and your baby, especially during labor!

oh, and I know what you mean about not drinking alcohol and coffee. I didn't miss it. It was so easy not to drink it, because I had such a positive thing to focus on instead. I'm so excited for you, girl!
post #29 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
totally normal. I walked around talking to my belly and sending love-beams down. And your nurse is right. My MW said the same thing after our m/c, it was nothing we did wrong. She pointed out how everything needs to be just perfect chromosomally and timing-wise, and as long as we listen to our bodies and don't drink alcohol there's pretty much nothing we can do to cause a m/c. I think it's fabulous that you are in great shape, and keeping in shape will only be good for you and your baby, especially during labor!

oh, and I know what you mean about not drinking alcohol and coffee. I didn't miss it. It was so easy not to drink it, because I had such a positive thing to focus on instead. I'm so excited for you, girl!
thanks Tear. I want you to get your little baby... I still am afraid of mc but I guess there is nothing to control about it and as long as I am doing my best that is all I can ask for right? Prayers and good thoughts have been my friend.
post #30 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren31 View Post
thanks Tear. I want you to get your little baby...
Thanks, hon. Me too. But I guess I am feeling ok with things right now, I mean, I feel positive about this cycle, and I'm looking straight into a beautiful summer vacation, and I have a lot in my life. I'm really trying to relax about it. It's kinda neat to "relive" the beginning wonders of a first pregnancy through you, and to help you trust in it. You are way, way more likely to have a healthy, full term pregnancy than anything else. I think being on forums like this can sometimes sway our experience of that, because we are exposed to so many losses as this is a place to seek support after one. I think reality is, it's possible, but not likely and you should assume the best, honey. That's what I'll try to do when I get another little sprout in me. : Keep believing!
post #31 of 355
Well my period has arrived. Bummer... On to month 7. I made a doctor appt for my annual pap (which is overdue) and another appt on June 22nd for a family planning visit. It would be nice to know if there was something wrong with me that could be keeping me from conceiving. I know, up to a year is considered normal, but still, it makes me wonder if there's another reason why it isn't happening.
I have been having a day or 2 of spotting, at the beginning of every period, since I went off the pill. Does anyone else have this??

I need to go home and get a hug from my hubby. And maybe a drink
I just get bummed out when af comes each month.

How are you ladies doing today? Have a good evening.
post #32 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyh516 View Post
Well my period has arrived. Bummer... On to month 7. I made a doctor appt for my annual pap (which is overdue) and another appt on June 22nd for a family planning visit. It would be nice to know if there was something wrong with me that could be keeping me from conceiving. I know, up to a year is considered normal, but still, it makes me wonder if there's another reason why it isn't happening.
I have been having a day or 2 of spotting, at the beginning of every period, since I went off the pill. Does anyone else have this??

I need to go home and get a hug from my hubby. And maybe a drink
I just get bummed out when af comes each month.

How are you ladies doing today? Have a good evening.
I don't want to crash the thread or anything but, I kind of lurk around reading all the threads. I was reading your post and I just wanted to reply. How long were you on BC before you started TTC? I was on it for 5 years and even though this is only my 4th month TTC, I am having the same problem with spotting before AF except mine is about 4 to 5 days before. I have an appointment on the 17th of this month with my midwife. I am hoping she might be able to tell me something or that i might be able to get some tests b/c I have heard if you spot before AF you could have Luteal phase defect!! Not the best thing but, it can be fixed. have you talked to an OB or anything about your problem? Sometimes they will see you if you have been trying for 6 mos with out conception. IDK...it is worth a try.
post #33 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeter30 View Post
I don't want to crash the thread or anything but, I kind of lurk around reading all the threads. I was reading your post and I just wanted to reply. How long were you on BC before you started TTC? I was on it for 5 years and even though this is only my 4th month TTC, I am having the same problem with spotting before AF except mine is about 4 to 5 days before. I have an appointment on the 17th of this month with my midwife. I am hoping she might be able to tell me something or that i might be able to get some tests b/c I have heard if you spot before AF you could have Luteal phase defect!! Not the best thing but, it can be fixed. have you talked to an OB or anything about your problem? Sometimes they will see you if you have been trying for 6 mos with out conception. IDK...it is worth a try.
I was on the pill for about 7 years (off for 1 year in between). I stopped taking the pill (ortho tri cyclen lo) in November. Started trying in December. I came across a bunch of posts on the internet about women spotting before their period. I wasn't sure if it was something to be concerned about. I'm going in for my exam on the 12th. I'll be sure to bring it up then. Thanks for the info! I guess if it is a problem, then maybe that explains why it's taking so long. But I did get a super dark line on my opk last month and we did it that day... (and the 2 days prior to that) So, I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully I'll get some answers soon!
post #34 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
Thanks, hon. Me too. But I guess I am feeling ok with things right now, I mean, I feel positive about this cycle, and I'm looking straight into a beautiful summer vacation, and I have a lot in my life. I'm really trying to relax about it. It's kinda neat to "relive" the beginning wonders of a first pregnancy through you, and to help you trust in it. You are way, way more likely to have a healthy, full term pregnancy than anything else. I think being on forums like this can sometimes sway our experience of that, because we are exposed to so many losses as this is a place to seek support after one. I think reality is, it's possible, but not likely and you should assume the best, honey. That's what I'll try to do when I get another little sprout in me. : Keep believing!
Thank you tear I keep having to remind myself of that. My MIL told me that she was shocked we were pregnant bc she thought we were not even trying. Then she said that her younger kids think its funny that her baby (1.5 year old) is going to be an uncle at 2. And I am thinking, ummm isn't it more odd that you had a kid at 45 after your oldest son is 26??? She desperately wants me to tell everyone in her family and uses my DH's cousin as an example who told people at 12 weeks! Ummmm she does not seem to grasp that I am 4 weeks along, NOT 12 weeks. I think I am more afraid of loss bc of this site, but I also appreciate getting pregnant more bc of it as well. My MIL just sometimes jokes about how fertile she is. That is why I did not want to say anything to her about TTC. I was afraid it would take a long time and I would be embarrased.. How dumb is that?
post #35 of 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyh516 View Post
I was on the pill for about 7 years (off for 1 year in between). I stopped taking the pill (ortho tri cyclen lo) in November. Started trying in December. I came across a bunch of posts on the internet about women spotting before their period. I wasn't sure if it was something to be concerned about. I'm going in for my exam on the 12th. I'll be sure to bring it up then. Thanks for the info! I guess if it is a problem, then maybe that explains why it's taking so long. But I did get a super dark line on my opk last month and we did it that day... (and the 2 days prior to that) So, I'm not sure what's going on. Hopefully I'll get some answers soon!
Funny...I was on ortho tri cyclen too!!! Hmmm and you are welcome for the info. I hope everything works out for you and you get the answers you are looking for from your appointment!

Oh and I will stop thread crashing now!! Thanks everybody!!
post #36 of 355
Temp drop I am actually happy about it. I HOPE af comes TODAY!! I am leaving for vacation for a week on Saturday and want the heavy days to be before we go, and it would be ok if Sat was heavy because that really won't be much of a beach day, we will just be checking in and stuff , but Sunday I hope to lounge on the beach.
post #37 of 355
I got so sick last night

but i think i feel fine now. haven't tried to sit up in bed yet to find out.


aww my 6 year old is giving the kitty water without being asked
post #38 of 355
Lauren - I still worry about miscarriage. Though I know I shouldn't worry anymore. Tear is sooo right about being on a forum like this. You hear of so many more miscarriages or stillbirth's or early losses then you would in real life. I know it has made me a lot more paranoid about everything. Which is one reason why I am hardly on anymore either. If I am I go to my ddc and only my ddc and check this one thread.
post #39 of 355
minsca, we miss you. I miss the DDC since it was the one I was on for a while

You guys are going to have healthy pregnancies, and healthy babies Just don't read all of the mc and other stories. I don't want you all to go away though (selfish me)

af started today : I am glad, and hope that she gets the heavy part over with before the beach. I would hate to have a heavy flow at the beach.

I am going bathing suit shopping. I am not in bad shape, I dance all of the time, and work out, but I have ugly cellulite and a layer of padding that was not there last summer (I actually wore 2 pieces last year) I don't know what I should do. What could be flattering for me? I don't want an old lady suit, but couldn't stand to look awful on the beach :-/
post #40 of 355
Maeryn, so sorry you're sick! That does not sound fun at all.

Beloved, glad to hear that AF is cooperating by coming on time. If she's going to come, she should at least have the decency not to make a nuisance of herself!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › ** TTC 6+ Months ~ JUNE & JULY! **