For some reason I can't make new threads with the new format (ugh!) so I'll post my question here
Anyone want to start a thread for me?
I'm planning a homebirth for this baby, but am doing backup care with a group of hospital midwives. With DD, I started measuring small around 33 weeks and I discussed the possibility with both my HB and hospital midwife that it might happen again. Both assured me that, because of my height/torso lenght, it wouldn't be surprising if I do measure small with this one. DH and I decided to skip the 20 week u/s, but did have one at 17 weeks (just not a detailed one for all the anatomy). Well, of course now this baby is measuring small :P I'll be 36 weeks on Saturday, and today she measured me at 31. I know that the baby has dropped recently, but that is a pretty big difference...2 weeks ago (at 34 weeks) she had me at 33. I know it can have to do with baby's position, but when I measure at home I can NEVER get within the 2cm of my # of weeks. So, now I'm faced with the dilemma of whether or not to have an u/s to check kidney function and fluid level. On the one hand, I don't want to ignore a potential TRUE problem...but on the other I don't want to start a cascade of interventions that last time ended in an induction. The induction went well but I might not be so lucky this time, and obviously I wouldn't be able to have a homebirth...
Anyone have any thoughts? I'm leaning toward having the u/s, but I'm still pretty torn on the whole thing...DH thinks we should skip it but will agree to whatever I decide.