And if so, how did you do it?
post #1 of 68
6/6/09 at 11:27pm
Ok so I'm confused:
I read on some posts that xylitol is GOOD for the teeth then others that say it's safety isn't proven and has shown to be toxic????
I am interested in finding someone who says Xylitol's safety hasn't been proven: go tell that to the Finns who have been using for over 40 yrs. Take a look at the following links:
My just turned 4 yr old DS has been using [or we have been using it on him] now for over 2 yrs and his dentist and doctor say Xylitol was the best thing we could have done for him.
If it is toxic, WHY is the US Military giving it to our troops? Do the research yourself.
It does have a laxative effect on some children and adults. But there have not been any deaths or disabilities because of its use. My mom can't take a lot [she's 64], but my DS has eaten almost a whole jar of zellies Cool Fruit with no effect.
Now dogs cannot eat it, because it is toxic to them, especially the Toy breeds. But then there are a lot of other human foods we should not give our dogs either.
As you can see I get irritated by folks downing Xylitol. I think it is great. My DS has not been to the dentist since having his little abscessed tooth extracted. His teeth are doing wonderful and we didn't do ANY of Weston Price's diet. It took about 2.5 yrs to go from extreme severe ECC to cavity-free and he only lost one tooth and had another one filled. AND he is very very healthy!