or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Chat Mon 6/8- Sun 6/14 - Page 6

post #101 of 138
hmm...didn't know that about hips...but the swaddling blanket leaves her bottom half free to move, just keeps the arms still.
post #102 of 138
Re: swaddles

Ben loved the swaddle initially, but won't tolerate it anymore, so I have stopped trying.

However, Liam LOVED to be swaddled and we swaddled him until he was 8.5 months. We used the Miracle Blanket which allows leg and hip movement. For the first 4 months, we only used it at night and I wore him for naps. From 4 until 8.5 months, he got swaddled for naps and nighttime sleep. By 3 months, he was too long for the foot pocket, so we just used the arm portion of the Miracle Blanket anyway.
post #103 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by racie0417 View Post
Am I the only one who lies to the ped about where baby sleeps? He goes to sleep in his crib, but was in our bed by 1am last night.
Thankfully we go to a General practicioner/midwife who is very supportive of crunchy ways...we don't have to hide our no vax or cosleeping. But if I had to I'd just skirt around it in some way!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelW View Post
Thinking of Lindsay and Sophia this morning ::

I shared a DDC with Amy after our first babies, and seem to remember that she didn't post much at first after the babies were born. I keep up with her by following her blog sometimes

I'm feeling discouraged with the elimination diet right now...crying baby, more later.
Bummer on the diet...I'm sure that is hard.
Well glad to know things must be fine with her then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I'm so glad it's working! Every baby is different, but eden got to the point where she was so wiggly she'd hit herself in the face and wake herself up!

I'm thinking of Lindsay &Sophia and their family this morning to. I'm on the edge of my seat here waiting for the good news!!

Well, we made it up early again...I'm so tired by the end of the day when I do this, but lo does so much better throughout the day!
I'm glad too! N would just jerk when I'd move away from her.

I got alot done this morning but now I"m startin to crash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
hmm...didn't know that about hips...but the swaddling blanket leaves her bottom half free to move, just keeps the arms still.
Didn't know about the hip thing either...Which do you use Kate? I use the kidopotamus and it appears she has alot of room to move her legs/hips, she even froggied her legs during naptime on her back! We also have the halo sleep sacs which have swaddle for the arms, she can move alot in those, but it they are quite big right now.

Had to share that DH brought me pretty pink flowers last night since I've been having baby blues days...He's so sweet to me even after 11 years together!

LO is asleep in teh swing...all this open arms time is making me miss my girl...might have to hold her/wrap her next nap. She's squirming, gotta get my baby fix!
post #104 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
Didn't know about the hip thing either...Which do you use Kate? I use the kidopotamus and it appears she has alot of room to move her legs/hips, she even froggied her legs during naptime on her back! We also have the halo sleep sacs which have swaddle for the arms, she can move alot in those, but it they are quite big right now.

Had to share that DH brought me pretty pink flowers last night since I've been having baby blues days...He's so sweet to me even after 11 years together!

LO is asleep in teh swing...all this open arms time is making me miss my girl...might have to hold her/wrap her next nap. She's squirming, gotta get my baby fix!
I use the kiddopotamus, mostly. I have a halo, but the sleep sack is too warm right now. I did remove the "wing" portion and wrap her in that...obviously b/c of the velcro on the back she was wearing a shirt.
post #105 of 138
oh I am really looking forward to hearing updates about Sophia.

My son usually hated being swaddled, but a couple of times when he was really in a crying jag it worked like a charm to settle him. So far Phoebe isn't into it either.

I had a ped who was supportive of cosleeping w/ DS, but this time it didn't even come up. Do they ask? I don't offer info if they don't want to know.

Having a crappy day (um, literally, in a way...). DS peed in his bed in the night (very unusual) and said he felt bad, so DH stripped the bed but didn't remake it, and just lay down there on the futon w/ DS. Well, about an hour later DS threw up ALL over... a stomach full of blueberries topped with a little fava bean stew all over the mattress, the blanket, his PJs, the rug... Oh, it was so gross. And since then he's been throwing up and having diarrhea. I feel so bad for him and there is almost nothing I can do, meanwhile I am totally stressing about Phoebe being exposed. He is drinking water and throwing it back up... some is staying down but its still worrying. And he's wearing some paper pull-ups I found, and he actually needed me to change his diaper, like a baby, b/c he didn't feel well enough to go to the toilet... (He's been using the toilet for #2 since he was 18 months old, that was 3 years ago...)

Thank goodness my aunt happens to be here b/c DH had to go to work, of course. Right now DS is sleeping on the couch with his barf-bucket and water cup beside him, and baby is sleeping in the sling. Good thing I have a lot of slings b/c DS threw up on one of them already.

BLAH.
post #106 of 138
Emma, how awful. I don't even know what to say. Stomach bugs terrify me.....and we have never had Liam do anything other than spit up milk. I hope your little guy feels better soon and that no one else gets it.
post #107 of 138
Sorry Emma that's tough! HEre's praying the rest of you stay healthy!!! And DS gets better soon!

I too am so anxiously waiting to hear about Sophia! SHe's been on my mind and in my prayers all day!
post #108 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I use the kiddopotamus, mostly. I have a halo, but the sleep sack is too warm right now. I did remove the "wing" portion and wrap her in that...obviously b/c of the velcro on the back she was wearing a shirt.
I never thought to just use the wings! Might do that sometime. As a first time mom, you sure have alot of good tricks!!!!!
post #109 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
I use the kiddopotamus, mostly. I have a halo, but the sleep sack is too warm right now. I did remove the "wing" portion and wrap her in that...obviously b/c of the velcro on the back she was wearing a shirt.
Hmm I've wanted to try to use the "wing" part of our sleep sack but haven't tried it. It's way too warm to use it but we got a lot of use out of it in the hosptial and at home the first couple of days ! Cooper loves to suck on his hands so I don't think he is liking being swaddled lately but we try at night still with the kiddopotamus sometimes.
post #110 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmaegbert View Post
oh I am really looking forward to hearing updates about Sophia.

My son usually hated being swaddled, but a couple of times when he was really in a crying jag it worked like a charm to settle him. So far Phoebe isn't into it either.

I had a ped who was supportive of cosleeping w/ DS, but this time it didn't even come up. Do they ask? I don't offer info if they don't want to know.

Having a crappy day (um, literally, in a way...). DS peed in his bed in the night (very unusual) and said he felt bad, so DH stripped the bed but didn't remake it, and just lay down there on the futon w/ DS. Well, about an hour later DS threw up ALL over... a stomach full of blueberries topped with a little fava bean stew all over the mattress, the blanket, his PJs, the rug... Oh, it was so gross. And since then he's been throwing up and having diarrhea. I feel so bad for him and there is almost nothing I can do, meanwhile I am totally stressing about Phoebe being exposed. He is drinking water and throwing it back up... some is staying down but its still worrying. And he's wearing some paper pull-ups I found, and he actually needed me to change his diaper, like a baby, b/c he didn't feel well enough to go to the toilet... (He's been using the toilet for #2 since he was 18 months old, that was 3 years ago...)

Thank goodness my aunt happens to be here b/c DH had to go to work, of course. Right now DS is sleeping on the couch with his barf-bucket and water cup beside him, and baby is sleeping in the sling. Good thing I have a lot of slings b/c DS threw up on one of them already.

BLAH.
ah, geez. That sucks. hope everyone else stays well and your little boy improves quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShineliketheSon View Post
I never thought to just use the wings! Might do that sometime. As a first time mom, you sure have alot of good tricks!!!!!
all born of necessity...i'm a crappy blanket swaddler and dd pooped all over the kiddopotamas...
post #111 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post
ah, geez. That sucks. hope everyone else stays well and your little boy improves quickly!



all born of necessity...i'm a crappy blanket swaddler and dd pooped all over the kiddopotamas...
It's amazing how creative you can get when comforting your baby comes into play!
post #112 of 138
Made it through surgery now in recovery and its the hardest part!

Took a nap now IM back to the hospital!
post #113 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
What great ideaa you have for Father's Day!! I might have to steal the picture idea .
Thanks! DH set the bar pretty high with the gifts he got me for Mother's Day. I opened one of my gifts and discovered that it was a Dunkin Donuts box containing a dozen donuts. Yep, my DH got me a dozen donuts for Mother's Day and actually wrapped the box in wrapping paper. The man knows what I like. : (And for the record, I shared and did not eat the entire dozen myself. )

Quote:
Originally Posted by racie0417 View Post
Am I the only one who lies to the ped about where baby sleeps? He goes to sleep in his crib, but was in our bed by 1am last night.
They have never asked us about this. They only ask whether or not she sleeps on her back. We did pick the crunchiest ped practice in town, so I don't think they would give us a hard time about cosleeping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Made it through surgery now in recovery and its the hardest part!

Took a nap now IM back to the hospital!
Glad to hear she made it through surgery! I'm looking forward to more updates. s to you and the kiddo!

River is officially teething. : I can see little nubbins in her gums where her two bottom front teeth are coming in. She's also been drooling a lot. Last night she cried for two hours straight and teething pain was the only thing we could think of. We gave her Baby Orajel and she finally calmed down. I'm not ready for her to have teeth. She's still a tiny baby!
post #114 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Made it through surgery now in recovery and its the hardest part!

Took a nap now IM back to the hospital!

So glad to hear she made it through the surgery just fine like we all knew she would! Can't wait to hear how well she is recovering

post #115 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by michanders4 View Post
So glad to hear she made it through the surgery just fine like we all knew she would! Can't wait to hear how well she is recovering

My feelings exactly!!! Still praying!
post #116 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsay1234 View Post
Made it through surgery now in recovery and its the hardest part!

Took a nap now IM back to the hospital!
willing strength to you all...bless you

so thankful she'sokay

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodhitree View Post
River is officially teething. : I can see little nubbins in her gums where her two bottom front teeth are coming in. She's also been drooling a lot. Last night she cried for two hours straight and teething pain was the only thing we could think of. We gave her Baby Orajel and she finally calmed down. I'm not ready for her to have teeth. She's still a tiny baby!
eden has been drooling constantly. i'm hoping she's just hungry all the time . She has this terrible habit of clamping down on my nipple and twisting her head....bad enough WITHOUT teeth....btw, that sounds like an awesome mom's day gift!!

DH is holding the baby now and for the last half hour. so nice to type with two hands!! It almost makes up for the fact that he dumped sand and bark chips on the bed that were stuck in his pant cuffs .

I just listed 6 KL0 and 4 homemade fitteds on craigslist for $45....does that sound fair?
post #117 of 138
i paid like $75 for my kl0 x 6.
seems good... i hope i can get that for mine.
post #118 of 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by wobblykate View Post



I just listed 6 KL0 and 4 homemade fitteds on craigslist for $45....does that sound fair?
I paid $50 for 5 so that sounds like a really good deal!
post #119 of 138
Sophia is doing a lot better today! She looks great and looks like shes feeling better (must be all the drugs).

I got the strength somehow to look at her and sit next to her for a long time today. I had been waiting in the nicu where I know all the nurses because the picu is loud and hectic. I thought recovery would be a piece of cake for us but they dont want to over sedate her or medicate her so she has moments when she wakes up and moves around. THOSE are the times I cant bear to see her and i flee. I felt guilty yesterday but I know shes in good hands and me forcing myself to stare at her and cry and worry isnt good for either of us.

btw, she ended up having open heart surgery., Its the fastest and easiest on a baby of her size.

Thanks for all the warm wishes, prayers, thoughts. I need them. Were slowly but surely on the way to getting her home!!:::
post #120 of 138
sweet. it's a good starting amount of fitteds for someone.

last night i was looking back at some pics of Eden at like 1 week and it was shocking how big she's gotten! My baby is 9 weeks old already
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2009