or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Co-sleeping and the Family Bed › Advice for Coddling Parents: Put Baby to Sleep Alone
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Advice for Coddling Parents: Put Baby to Sleep Alone - Page 4

post #61 of 69
I was banned from that website last pregnancy for insighting mainstream pregnant riots... Crib bumpers and platex drop ins flying all over in panic...
post #62 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiValleySteph View Post
Oh good, my babies are Asian so we can co-sleep.


OMG..
post #63 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
I was banned from that website last pregnancy for insighting mainstream pregnant riots... Crib bumpers and platex drop ins flying all over in panic...
post #64 of 69
ARgh...I only read the first few scentences...

Where in nature was it ever intented to have baby cub sleep in a seperate 'cave' away from momma bear, without any body heat and that good smell momma gives off? I just don't understand how some moms let other people tell them what to do if it totally goes against your instincts. I know a few girls that won't let baby sleep in their bed because their husbands don't want to. The husbands are the ones sleeping all night, will mom trots up and down the hallway to get baby for a feeding...argh.
post #65 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post
The husbands are the ones sleeping all night, will mom trots up and down the hallway to get baby for a feeding...argh.
Are they still doing this? Tell your friends to have their husbands fetch the baby. The person who insists on keeping the baby out of the bed is the one who has to do all the extra work related to not having the baby in the bed.
post #66 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
are they still doing this? Tell your friends to have their husbands fetch the baby. The person who insists on keeping the baby out of the bed is the one who has to do all the extra work related to not having the baby in the bed.
good point!
post #67 of 69
Its SO sad that so many people consider keeping young babies away from them normal.

I know that everyone in my house slept better BECAUSE our baby slept with us. He was happy to be safe, cuddled in my arm falling asleep and I could sleep better listening to him breath and knowing I was right there if he needed me and my husband slept better because the baby hardly ever woke up crying since he got what he wanted right away when he woke up (the boob lol)
My baby isen't a newborn anymore but it would still break my heart if he woke up alone, scared and called out and no one came to comfort him. I don't care what anyone says, I will always go to him if he wants his mommy.
post #68 of 69
if my dd didn't sleep with us as an infant, we would have been one grumpy family! it was the only place she would rest. she is now 20 months and sleeping in her own bed, sharing a room with her sibling. she still wakes 1-2 times a night, sometimes comes into our room early a.m. at times and sleeping the rest of the morning with us. but she sleeps great in my eyes coming from where she used to be.
scaring people away from co-sleeping is ridiculous.
post #69 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryMommy View Post
I don't care what anyone says, I will always go to him if he wants his mommy.
Ramen!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Co-sleeping and the Family Bed
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Co-sleeping and the Family Bed › Advice for Coddling Parents: Put Baby to Sleep Alone