Just read all 13 pages!!!.....
....And I had to take tons of notes - took me two days but so grateful for the info
Okay, I am soooooo tired right now and ready to go crash but I have to post right now or else I won't sleep right.
My DS (almost 7 months old) has had problems with oily fish, and just about any fruit and veg I eat (which turns out to be all high sals), also with grains including millet and buckwheat. We've been free many months of all top allergens and intolerances (but recently trialled egg which I don't know what happened as he isn't at baseline). He's still exclusively breastfed because I have had no luck up until now with solid foods. That will hopefully change now that I'm finally getting on the ball with the food chemical stuff. I believe JaneS pulled me up on this around 2 months ago but I got totally side tracked and never looked into it all. I'm a life-long sals junky to be honest but not any more
Been off of them for 2 days and I am feeling sparky and bright.
I've got some questions and would love some thoughts - thanks so much....
1) Corn Diapers
- Would corn diapers (the eco disposable kind that uses maize) be an issue? Was using cloth up until now but can't cope with the washing as I've got too much going on. I started using these diapers recently and I'm concerned that there may be a sals issue (or some other chemical as I haven't learned by heart what they all are, etc).
2) Omega 3 - help!!!
- DS can't tolerate oily fish, I have always been very sensitive to flaxseeds (I got a very tingly and itchy throat from eating them) and my pendulum tested a huge NO for him (almost swung out of my hands). I am at a loss for what to do about omega 3. I want to get that sorted so that it will help with the sensitivities as well as the fact that he needs them (so do I). What do I do? What about sprouted flaxseeds with the lignans? I also don't tolerate EPO. Haven't tried chia seeds yet and doubt my body can covert the plant stuff well tbh. Does cod/white fish have enough in it? Seems to be on the sals ED list and I haven't trialled cod yet.
3) CLO / Fermented or Not
- DS can't take any ferments it seems so would the FCLO that I have be a problem too? It does have HVBO added to it and he is dairy sensitive (don't know what type of casein, don't know what type of dairy, as haven't tried them all. The pendulum says a big NO to goat's milk products. I'm trying out ghee right now but he isn't exactly at baseline from a bad reaction to an apple I trialled the other day
Sorry I'm rambling, but would it be better for me to try a less superior type of CLO that hasn't been fermented due to the possible sensitivity to fermented foods? Also, is it worth just sticking out the fish oil (without butter) so that we can get to a place where we are less sensitive to sals due to it helping (I think I read somewhere on this thread that clo would be a great help)?
4) I'm out of fats
- can't do olive oil, or goose fat (can't remember which chemical is a possible problem with dripping type fats) but that is all I was using and now I have no fats to cook with which will really depress me. What about white palm oil? Is this a no-no whilst I'm figuring out the food chem sensitivities? I know that we can't do coconut milk but haven't tried the oil yet and must do a proper trial, but DS is not at baseline yet.
5) Vit C
- what is the safest form to use during this ED? All of the alternatives seems to be from sali fruits. What about tapioca as a source? Any ideas for us here?
- As we are dairy free and not supping for cal (he reacts to cal supps), we were relying on me eating bone broths. I now know that broths are not to be cooked for longer than 2 hours on the ED. I also suspect in my gut (no pun intended) that the broths are not great for us at all, even though it goes against my logic. No broths, dairy or supps - what will we do for calcium? Can you tell I am panicking?
- I am going to try epsom salt baths for us both. How much for a 7 month old? Like a teaspoon in the bath? Is it a no-no for infants of his age? I do have some Nature Calm I think it's called but my pendulum doesn't like it - but I would take it anyway if I had to. I've always needed megatons of mag just to function over the years which has gradually corrected itself but maybe it hasn't.
- I took some great tips regarding these towards the end of the thread. Should they be taken just by me? Is DS too young to take them directly?
Lastly, I am finally supping - thanks to mamafish's advice on my threads - I am starting slowly (I think so anyway) and this is what I am taking:
BioCare dairy free bifidobacterium infantis for DS (and taking some myself)
BioCare dairy free acidophilus forte for myself which does contain F.O.S
BioCare mineral complex: mag 90mg, zinc 14mg, manganese 3mg, silicon 500ug, copper 200ug, mo 150ug, chromium 100ug, selenium 100ug
BioCare B Complex: B1 50mg, B2 50mg, B3 50mg, B5 50mg, B6 50mg, Vit C 40mg, Choline 30mg, Inositol 30mg, L-Glycine 30mg, P.A.B.A 30mg, Magnesium 9.5mg, folic acid 400ug, biotin 200ug, B12 50ug
I'm sure these levels are too low for myself, let alone to get through my milk to help DS. Could this be a good starting point or should I go ahead and up the mo, mag, b6, (anything else) right now as individual additional supps?
THANKS!!!!! Sorry this is so long in length....