or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!! - Page 9

post #161 of 509
I haven't had a chance to read through this thread and you probably already answered this question, but please be patient with me if I'm asking something you already answered!

What are the affects of mj on breastfeeding babies? I've found a lot of controversial info on google. I have chronic pain issues and used to smoke regularly. I stopped while I was in nursing school and have gotten pg twice and had two babies since than. I've had a major flare up with pain the last couple months and started smoking a couple times a week to deal with it. My dh is worried about the affects it will have on my 14 month old who is still pretty much exclusively breastfeeding. I haven't noticed anything different in her after I smoke... Can any of you mama's with experience with this give me some info, experiencem etc?

TIA!
post #162 of 509
Hey y'all. I would just like to introduce myself (finally) and stop being a lurker on these threads. My name is Rebecca, I live with my DP and my DD.

We have run into an issue lately, and I just need sort of a "safe" place to vent, so I hope y'all don't mind

DP's family found out that we partake, from one of his younger cousins (C), because one of his other cousins (S) also started to use. S had come to the both of us and said she had partaken with some of her friends, so DP and I were like "oh cool, well, if you ever wanna chill, just let us know." So S has been hanging out with us. S had one of her friend's pipes, which C saw. C told their parents about S, and apparently, blamed it all on us, and S continued to throw us under the bus. Now, the family is angry, being all judgy and saying that we're horrible ppl and we're ruining our lives.

It's just very frustrating. DP has done a lot of good things, although he has been using the Green Chile (our preferred term ) the whole time. He's gone back to school, got a job, and really stepped up to raise DD. He is an amazing father, and would be the answer to most women's prayers. I'm just so angry with the fact that we're being judged as bad people because it's "illegal." And, the fact that most other family members go out and get completely trashed drunk all the time is fine, because that is legal.

Sorry for being so rambly. I just had to get it out somewhere, with some ppl that might understand.
post #163 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca03 View Post
Hey y'all. I would just like to introduce myself (finally) and stop being a lurker on these threads. My name is Rebecca, I live with my DP and my DD.

We have run into an issue lately, and I just need sort of a "safe" place to vent, so I hope y'all don't mind

DP's family found out that we partake, from one of his younger cousins (C), because one of his other cousins (S) also started to use. S had come to the both of us and said she had partaken with some of her friends, so DP and I were like "oh cool, well, if you ever wanna chill, just let us know." So S has been hanging out with us. S had one of her friend's pipes, which C saw. C told their parents about S, and apparently, blamed it all on us, and S continued to throw us under the bus. Now, the family is angry, being all judgy and saying that we're horrible ppl and we're ruining our lives.

It's just very frustrating. DP has done a lot of good things, although he has been using the Green Chile (our preferred term ) the whole time. He's gone back to school, got a job, and really stepped up to raise DD. He is an amazing father, and would be the answer to most women's prayers. I'm just so angry with the fact that we're being judged as bad people because it's "illegal." And, the fact that most other family members go out and get completely trashed drunk all the time is fine, because that is legal.

Sorry for being so rambly. I just had to get it out somewhere, with some ppl that might understand.
welcome. We know all about the stigma. Its annoying. :
post #164 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca03 View Post
I'm just so angry with the fact that we're being judged as bad people because it's "illegal." And, the fact that most other family members go out and get completely trashed drunk all the time is fine, because that is legal.
And really that is all it comes down to. If someone said "I had a rough day I need a couple of drinks", it is all good, but if you say "I need to relax, I want to take a couple of hits" you are the monster. It is so frustrating!
post #165 of 509
Quote:
View Post
 



 

 


Edited by aihcalappa - 7/2/11 at 8:12pm
post #166 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
And really that is all it comes down to. If someone said "I had a rough day I need a couple of drinks", it is all good, but if you say "I need to relax, I want to take a couple of hits" you are the monster. It is so frustrating!
Ugh, I soooo know how that is. I guess they'd rather my DP be an alcoholic (he used to be really, REALLY bad) than be a chill stoner.

Thanks for the welcome

And it's soooooooo dry here!! It's killin us!
post #167 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Juice View Post
Welcome to the new mamas!!!

Buzznana Bread. Tomorrow. :
It was soooooo good, we both loved it
post #168 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by vermontmomma View Post
here's a fantastic recipe for swedish brownies that could be a nice change from chocolate ones, but who can get tired of chocolate? i've never made them "that way" but they probibly would work great. this recipe is my secret weapon and you are all very blessed to be given access to it. the recipe vault is once again closedenjoy!:

preheat oven 350 degrees, grease 9x9 pan.
melt 1/2 cup "butter"
add 1 cup sugar, 2 eggs beaten, 1 tsp almond extract beat till smooth.
fold in 1 cup flour and 1 tsp baking powder.
pour in pan, sprinkle with sugar.
350 degrees for 20 min or until edges are golden.

That sounds so good! Thank you
post #169 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
And really that is all it comes down to. If someone said "I had a rough day I need a couple of drinks", it is all good, but if you say "I need to relax, I want to take a couple of hits" you are the monster. It is so frustrating!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca03 View Post
Ugh, I soooo know how that is. I guess they'd rather my DP be an alcoholic (he used to be really, REALLY bad) than be a chill stoner.

Thanks for the welcome

And it's soooooooo dry here!! It's killin us!

here too...
post #170 of 509
So, I said a while back I was ready to jump back in a start partaking every now and then. (DD is 5 months old and I've only done it a handful of times since she was born). Of course, I pick the driest time of year to make that decision, what was I thinking! And I'm kind of out of the loop in my area now since it's been so long since I was partaking on a regular basis. I'm kind of nervous about "resurfacing", I guess.

I'm going on vacation in two weeks so I'd really like to have some for that... oh well, we shall see.
post #171 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaspirit View Post
I haven't had a chance to read through this thread and you probably already answered this question, but please be patient with me if I'm asking something you already answered!

What are the affects of mj on breastfeeding babies? I've found a lot of controversial info on google. I have chronic pain issues and used to smoke regularly. I stopped while I was in nursing school and have gotten pg twice and had two babies since than. I've had a major flare up with pain the last couple months and started smoking a couple times a week to deal with it. My dh is worried about the affects it will have on my 14 month old who is still pretty much exclusively breastfeeding. I haven't noticed anything different in her after I smoke... Can any of you mama's with experience with this give me some info, experiencem etc?

TIA!
hi! oddly enough i asked the same questions just a few posts back so you don't have to go back too far to get info.
post #172 of 509
I came to see if I could get some ideas on what to do with the stalks We use the buds , the leaves to make hash and then we compost the roots snd stalks but I feel guilty becouse I kmow every part of this plant is usable any ideas?
Also we are so disapointed that the house where our mother plants live was broken into and our sour diseal / train wreck momma was stolen thouse of you who met us know how much that stinks
post #173 of 509
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
I came to see if I could get some ideas on what to do with the stalks We use the buds , the leaves to make hash and then we compost the roots snd stalks but I feel guilty becouse I kmow every part of this plant is usable any ideas?
Also we are so disapointed that the house where our mother plants live was broken into and our sour diseal / train wreck momma was stolen thouse of you who met us know how much that stinks
Oh,That's poopy.

My three girls are budding- I had 2 boys also. I cut one down and the other is waaaay far away from the girls and Im just watching to see what the other one does. Hopefully the girls will be healthy happy and productive.
post #174 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
I came to see if I could get some ideas on what to do with the stalks We use the buds , the leaves to make hash and then we compost the roots snd stalks but I feel guilty becouse I kmow every part of this plant is usable any ideas?
Also we are so disapointed that the house where our mother plants live was broken into and our sour diseal / train wreck momma was stolen thouse of you who met us know how much that stinks
OH NO!!! That is horrible news I'm so sorry for you and C, mama. That's terrible, really sucky and downright wrong!

I have some ideas about the stem. Sending you a message soon!
post #175 of 509
Christine...good luck!! Hope they bud nice and purty for you!
post #176 of 509
Christine - congrats on the buds . Remeber that pollen transfers very easily , but worse case is seeds in your buds which lowers THC a bit but IMO seed home grown is still better then most black market finds

Colin and I are so upset about the mama , but at least there was no other damage to our friends home and hopefuly he learned an important lesson about shareing information with certin shadey friends of his brothers.....:
post #177 of 509
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama516/419 View Post
Colin and I are so upset about the mama , but at least there was no other damage to our friends home and hopefuly he learned an important lesson about shareing information with certin shadey friends of his brothers.....:

Boo
post #178 of 509
Anyone know how to get THC out of the system for a drug test? YIKES! I may have to take a test for a new job next week. It will have been atleast 1 week since the last time we smoked, but I am not sure if that is long enough. DH is also looking for a new job & we don't know if/when he may have to take one as well. So any reliable info on detox is appreciated! Thanks!

Postive vibes on the job front would be great as well. DH last his job 2 weeks ago, after 2 years of financial disaster, so we are sinking fast. I have been a SAHM for 5 years. I am not wanting to go back to work, but this job would be perfect if I have to get a job.
post #179 of 509
Cheryl- and many :~~~~~~ coming your way.
post #180 of 509
you cant get it out of your system from what I understand---because it stores in fat cells. You can drink drink drink yourself silly on water to dillute it enough to not show up. Some people take vitamin b12 to then turn their pee yellow. (I dont know why.) LOL

I havent ever done this so....I defer to the other ladies on the panel. LOL.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Connect With Other Moms
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Summer MJ/Cannabis Mamas!!