Originally Posted by suebee79
Why on earth would you post on the internet rather than immediately call Poison Control???
I hope your lo is ok.
Hi everyone. Thanks so much for all of your thoughts and words of help. I noticed the mods removed my X-Post on this topic, but since this one is still active, I wanted to give an update. First of all, the way I should have started my post was....I am currently on hold with Poison Control...!
I was not intending to find medical advice on the internet. What I was wanting to know is have you BTDT? Should I give him water, milk, make him throw up? Should I be hysterical or not?
So, the update....Poison Control had to call me back after doing their own research. They were very unfamiliar with the subject of Arnica and homeopatchics. They ended up saying that it was "probably fine." I also called my doc who is a holistic MD (but not a homeopath) she said if a child swallows 300 of anything, she advises to go to ER. That said, we went to the ER. They monitored his heart rate and breathing for a while. My son was acting very normal, and extremely excited to be going out when it was dark
He showed no symptoms of discomfort, no hyperactivity, no nothing. The doctors, of course, were not familiar with the Arnica, but talked again with poison control and felt fine with sending us home and just keeping an eye out for stomach problems and labored breathing.
He's fine. I'm fine (now!). Thanks for everyone's concern. I was just really looking to touch base with a group of moms I have come to respect and trust.