URGENT: Arnica Overdose ----UPDATE - Page 2
My 2 year old daughter recently dug in my purse and took my Arnica tablets (max. 20-30). I contacted poison control immediately. They were wonderful and informative. The pharmacist knew exactly what the homeopathic medication was and explained that for Arnica to be TOXIC in the body, one would need to consume 1,000's of tablets. Hope this is helpful to any parents that might encounter a similar incident.
You really can't overdose on homeopathics. Maybe a sugar rush from the sucrose, maybe a little diarrhea, but the tabs are literally so dilute that if you sent one to a lab, they wouldn't be able to tell you that there was arnica in it. Effect of homeopathics are related to frequency of doses, not volume, so taking one pellet every five minutes for a an hour would have more of an effect on your body than taking thirty all at once.