or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In - Page 6

post #101 of 502
IHeartO - CONGRATS!!! I hope it works out the same for all of us! I have heard you are more fertile sometimes after a m/c but I have been really curious if that applies to chemical pregnancies or not. I hope so! It sounds like it was true for you at least!

Tenk - hey - nice to see you again! Wouldn't it be a riot if you, Fiberlover and I were in the same DDC again? :-D
post #102 of 502
Congrats To All Of You With BFP'S!!! :
post #103 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalamos23 View Post
IHeartO - CONGRATS!!! I hope it works out the same for all of us! I have heard you are more fertile sometimes after a m/c but I have been really curious if that applies to chemical pregnancies or not. I hope so! It sounds like it was true for you at least!

Tenk - hey - nice to see you again! Wouldn't it be a riot if you, Fiberlover and I were in the same DDC again? :-D
That would be so much fun!

:

I'm totally crossing my fingers now.

just still waiting to O here...and hoping its around the normal time again.

Taking B6 and Vitex, hoping for a longer LP. 4-5 days sucks!
post #104 of 502
I must admit, I don't understand Lunar Conception either (not even a little) if anyone has any input, that would be GREAT!!!

I honestly thought it was on Friday night (the 3rd) guess I was wrong. I had tons of pain in my sides, my hip and my knee and it usually happens when I O, I also had all the EWCM which has now dried up (again!) could be O gear up and no go (again!) or who knows, maybe I did O. All I know is, today has been somewhat over cast, and I feel BLAH which is just NOT like me at all. I was a tad nauseated after lunch and super tired, all from being at the beach for 5 days I'm sure and chasing 4 kids around while there. Then we didn't get home until 11pm last night and I had to go to the office this morning for a 2 hour meeting. UGH I'm so darn not friendly today LOL.

On a different note, I would LOVE to share a DDC with Kalamos23 and FiberLover again!!!!

Check out my bean Bodie Bodie in sand
post #105 of 502
FiberLover How long have you been taking b6 and vitex? I started b6 last month for my 8-9 day lp and had another 8 day lp I'm still taking b6 every day, added b12, and am waiting for my fertilitea order to arrive and then I will start that right away. Just not sure if it will help at all...
post #106 of 502
As far as I can tell, lunaception means that you sleep in total darkness for most of the month, no night light, no reading light, no TV. THEN when you want to O, you sleep with a blue tinged light (or hey, camp under the moon!) to simulate the moon. It works on the premise that our bodies once linked to the moon but because of all the artificial lights, they are all wonky socks.:
post #107 of 502
I might be joining you guys in 3-6 months or so... trying to figure out if it's even possible to TTC that early without losing my supply before DD (who is 3mo old) is old enough to go without for a little while. I really wanted to BF her until 2 years old, but now we might want to TTC later this year or early next year. Any advice? :
post #108 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I might be joining you guys in 3-6 months or so... trying to figure out if it's even possible to TTC that early without losing my supply before DD (who is 3mo old) is old enough to go without for a little while. I really wanted to BF her until 2 years old, but now we might want to TTC later this year or early next year. Any advice? :
I replied to your other post in the big forum, but wanted to say welcome, and that you are in good company on this board. Balancing a nursling's needs and the hopes of a future pregnancy is hard, but we are all trying to find the right timing for our families.
post #109 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by filiadeluna View Post
I might be joining you guys in 3-6 months or so... trying to figure out if it's even possible to TTC that early without losing my supply before DD (who is 3mo old) is old enough to go without for a little while. I really wanted to BF her until 2 years old, but now we might want to TTC later this year or early next year. Any advice? :
it's so hard to know what kind of experience you'll have. some women nurse through pregnancy and tandem-nurse without much difficulty and others just can't! i wanted to start TTC when DD was a bit less than 1, but we decided against it due to some issues (DH got laid off, we had to move in w/parents, etc). i felt that it might take us a while to get pg, i want a close age difference, and stuff. so TTC at 10-11 months was what i wanted, even though we didn't end up starting till she was 15 months old and DH had a job and we had a place of our own again.

now looking back, i'm glad that she's still 19 months old and going strong. whenever i do get pregnant, i will figure out milk supply issues then, but for now, each month i don't get pregnant i am relieved that i at least don't have to worry about that yet. if i do get pregnant, i'll attempt to nurse through pregnancy and even tandem nurse depending on how DD and i both feel, and i'm totally comfortable with that. on the other hand, i know mamas who would refuse to TTC before their LOs turned 2 because they don't want anything to interfere w/their BFing relationship.

it's such a personal choice, and there's no way of knowing if how pregnancy will affect your breastfeeding relationship or milk supply. so if you feel very strongly about BFing till 2 and having nothing stand in your way, you may want to hold off on TTC. but if you feel prepared to deal with a pregnancy potentially changing that, i say go for it.

WOW i am so blabby tonight!!! i haven't even been posting on this thread really, but i do check in every now and then. when waiting to O it's all i can do to keep up with the one thread, lol... but now that i'm potentially in a 2ww, i'm all over this board.

burnindinner- i am with ivy in that most of the time i feel so ready and excited for another baby, but some days i do have mixed feelings and wonder if i am totally crazy. i know that no matter what, i will love my family as it is, but i definitely understand the mixed feelings. especially on those REALLY insane days where it's all i can do to keep up with just one!!!

CONGRATS to the bfps, can't wait to join you!
post #110 of 502
MOVE ME TO THE TWW!!!!!! although i am cranky because i disagree with ff about when (i say today was first temp rise, ff says four days ago).

but still TWW!!!!!!!
post #111 of 502
BFP!!

I can't believe it.

I had three PPAFs, but I decided they were probably anovulatory because I never had any cervical mucus. When I finally managed to temp for a full week, I realized my BBT was around 96.5 -- way too low for fertility and indicative of a thyroid problem (which I'd had with my last pregnancy, so not totally surprising). I was put on thyroid meds two months ago, and within a week of taking them, I started to produce cervical mucus again (not EWCM - but something! I had been dry as a bone). Then I had a full week of EWCM, which I got really excited about as maybe indicating that I was finally ovulating, but we weren't able to DTD until two days after it dried up, so I gave up for the month.

Then my period was late. At what I thought was 14 DPO I took a test -- BFN. When my period was over a week late, what I thought was 22 DPO, another BFN. I've since been told you can ovulate as long as 48 hours after EWCM, so maybe it was actually 20 DPO -- but still, shouldn't have BFN that late! So I thought I had ovulated but no period -- I was afraid something was seriously wrong with me -- MDC friends convinced me to test again -- today, at the earliest 28 DPO, got a nice dark BFP.

So I think I caught the first PP egg (for the second time in a row -- my second was conceived 5 months after my first was born) and I am praying for a sticky bean. With both of my previous pregnancies I had a lot of bleeding starting at implantation, but none so far with this one -- a good sign, right?

Do any other nursing mamas get such late BFPs? I'm sure I could have gotten one sooner than 28 DPO (because of how dark mine was) but I mean geez -- I had a BFN at 20 DPO! With my second also it must have been at least 20 DPO before I got a BFP and I was testing every day because I had this weird bleeding for two weeks already -- I was convinced it was an early miscarriage. (I didn't test with my first until well into my "period" when I realized the bleeding wasn't following a normal pattern, so I don't know how many DPO.)
post #112 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
FiberLover How long have you been taking b6 and vitex? I started b6 last month for my 8-9 day lp and had another 8 day lp I'm still taking b6 every day, added b12, and am waiting for my fertilitea order to arrive and then I will start that right away. Just not sure if it will help at all...
I just started taking it about a month ago, maybe around CD 12 of the last cycle (after I noticed the short LP).

I think I'll add the B12 too.

Honestly, I don't know if it will help either, but it can't hurt and I've heard of it helping!

Also, I started (trying) to take the Vitex and B in the AM as well as PM now too. I'm only good at remembering to 50% of the time .

Hope it helps for you!
post #113 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by rollergirl View Post
MOVE ME TO THE TWW!!!!!! although i am cranky because i disagree with ff about when (i say today was first temp rise, ff says four days ago).

but still TWW!!!!!!!
I think you O'ed where the crosshairs are, CD 16.....but yay, 2ww!
post #114 of 502
Congrat's Dov's mama!!! Yay!

filiadeluna, I understand the TTC shortly after having a baby. I felt the desire to TTC *right away* even. For me, the decision was that I knew my baby needed to nurse for at least a year. I wasn't going to change any of her nursing habits until she was a year old in order to hasten the return of my fertility. However, right around when she was 9-10 months old, she started eating a lot more solid food (her choice) and nursing less. Also, a few nights of sleeping 7-8 hr stretches. My fertility started returning. However, my LP is only 5 days, so I'm definitely not completely fertile yet at 11 months pp. After she turns 1ish, we'll work on gentle nightweaning Jay Gordon style. I don't plan on weaning her completely though, really anytime I can foresee...I imagine we'll reassess should I get pregnant.
post #115 of 502
oh yea sorry -- i overrode ff a little bit ago because i was cranky about it hehe.
post #116 of 502
Tenk, . Bodie is so cute!
post #117 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dov'sMom View Post
BFP!!
Congratulations!! You *must* have O'd later than you thought. I would mark all the details on the calendar before you forget so you can get a good due date with your hcp. :
post #118 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by xekomaya View Post
Congratulations!! You *must* have O'd later than you thought. I would mark all the details on the calendar before you forget so you can get a good due date with your hcp. :
I don't know about that.

With DS 2 I KNOW when I ovulated. For one thing, I had implantation bleeding starting a full 14 days before I got a BFP (testing every day). Early ultrasound confirmed the date and when DS2 was born 39 weeks after I started implantation bleeding (so 42 weeks from when I think I ovulated) he showed every sign of being 2 weeks overdue -- degrading placenta, no vernix or lanugo, dry cracking skin. If I got BFNs until 20 DPO with DS2, why not this time as well?
post #119 of 502
Not sure why I clicked on this thread - I so am not ready to conceive again. OK, I know why I clicked it. "Raynbow" is 6 months in 2 days. I conceived DS when DD was 6 months and I conceived DD2 when DS was 7 months, both times nursing. The only differences this time is there is no AF and we rarely DTD! So, I just wanted to pop in and wish those of you who want to conceive luck and I'll be
post #120 of 502
Thread Starter 
updated list to here

Congrats Dov'sMom & IheartO ::

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In