or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In - Page 19

post #361 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnindinner View Post
Bwah ha ha, I love this! From now on, this is what I will mean.

Yeah I'm convinced BFN is more frequently used that way
post #362 of 502
Thread Starter 
updated to here



Welcome HennyPenny

xekomaya~

kalamos23~ I ended up testing again and it was ---. I think it's just a fluke they are still above last cycles cl .

post #363 of 502
This will be my last month as a nursing mama. I have made the very difficult decision to wean my nearly 21 month old. I could cry thinking about it, but I am going away for 5 days in Sept. and want him weaned at least a few weeks prior. Plus, I am really tired of the all night marathon breastfeeding. Sooo...
CD 13 and no sign of ovulation yet.
post #364 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerMom View Post
This will be my last month as a nursing mama. I have made the very difficult decision to wean my nearly 21 month old. I could cry thinking about it, but I am going away for 5 days in Sept. and want him weaned at least a few weeks prior. Plus, I am really tired of the all night marathon breastfeeding. Sooo...
CD 13 and no sign of ovulation yet.


That would be a really hard decision to make if your babe (and you, it sounds like) are not ready for it. Have you considered just night weaning before your trip instead? I know if you take a look at the breastfeeding forum, you'll find some threads (or heck, post your own) about mamas who go on trips and their babes (even younger than yours!) pick bf'ing right back up. I think it might be more stressful to wean completely than to just nightwean + have that 5 day break.
Obviously you have to do what's right for your little one and you. I hope you find some peace in your decision!
post #365 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelerMom View Post
This will be my last month as a nursing mama. I have made the very difficult decision to wean my nearly 21 month old. I could cry thinking about it, but I am going away for 5 days in Sept. and want him weaned at least a few weeks prior. Plus, I am really tired of the all night marathon breastfeeding. Sooo...
CD 13 and no sign of ovulation yet.
*HUGSHUGSHUGS* mama. i hope you can come to a solution that works for both of you (and yes, i agree with MM that maybe she'll take things back up when you get back! and/or maybe you can just nightwean first..... but you gotta do what you have to do and know we are thinking about you both!!!
post #366 of 502

Had a m/c... back w/ y'all!

Hi Mamas:

Could you move me back to waiting to O please? We had a m/c this past Sunday (19 dpo - technically a chem preg), so I'm back on the TTC board with all of you. My HCG levels are still around 100, so I "feel" pregnant; meanwhile, I bleed heavily and have to deal with the loss. It's like a cruel joke that my body is playing on my mind and heart . Anyhow, as much as I'd like to just mourn and recover from this loss, I have lots of people relying on me to care for them so I'm up and running. We are planning to TTC again right away (OB gave us the green light because the m/c was so early), so I'll be seeing everyone around for the next few months.

Hope all is well with you!
post #367 of 502
Soul-O - I'm so sorry for your loss
post #368 of 502
Soul-O - I'm so sorry...*hugs* It's amazing how you can see the potential and love such a little one so quickly. Take care of yourself while you heal *hugs*
post #369 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul-O View Post
Hi Mamas:

Could you move me back to waiting to O please? We had a m/c this past Sunday (19 dpo - technically a chem preg), so I'm back on the TTC board with all of you. My HCG levels are still around 100, so I "feel" pregnant; meanwhile, I bleed heavily and have to deal with the loss. It's like a cruel joke that my body is playing on my mind and heart . Anyhow, as much as I'd like to just mourn and recover from this loss, I have lots of people relying on me to care for them so I'm up and running. We are planning to TTC again right away (OB gave us the green light because the m/c was so early), so I'll be seeing everyone around for the next few months.

Hope all is well with you!
I'm so sorry for your loss mama.
post #370 of 502
Soul-O I am so very sorry for your loss.
post #371 of 502
Thread Starter 


Soul-O~

SteelerMom~ on having to wean hope it goes smoothly for you

post #372 of 502
Soul-o- sorry for your loss- that is very hard regardless of how early you were.

I am having Ewcm again-which means i will probably be Oing tomorrow or next day and SO is not here to force myself on : i am trying not to hold out hope that i o'd super early but I can't help it!! I just know if i am not preggo this cycle we have to wait 3 months! : ah well- I will try to just enjoy that time with my LO
post #373 of 502
Hugs Soul-o. So sorry for your loss.
post #374 of 502
Oh no, Soul-O, mama I am so so sorry. I think you are amazing for jumping right back in too. We're here mama!!!
post #375 of 502

A question for charting mamas

I got out the big book and brushed up on charting and am excited to start temping again. But how does one do that with irregular sleep? Ds no longer nurses at night but is still a very restless, dependent sleeper who wakes me constantly. I do get at least 3 consecutive hours a night but it could be early bedtime, middle of the night, or (best for charting) right before morning. But so inconsistent! How do you do it? Would my results be so erratic that it wouldn't be worth trying?
post #376 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by henny penny View Post
I got out the big book and brushed up on charting and am excited to start temping again. But how does one do that with irregular sleep? Ds no longer nurses at night but is still a very restless, dependent sleeper who wakes me constantly. I do get at least 3 consecutive hours a night but it could be early bedtime, middle of the night, or (best for charting) right before morning. But so inconsistent! How do you do it? Would my results be so erratic that it wouldn't be worth trying?
I'd say go for it. We co-sleep with our 19 month old bf'ing son, and I'm sure I'm awake more frequently than is "ideal," but my temps are still fairly stable. I'd also keep track of CM to get that extra input on your cycle. Good luck!

AFM - my temp went back up today, crossing my fingers that yesterday was an implantation dip + cramps (thought I was getting AF for sure!). If it was, I'm not sure if I O'd at the crosshairs like FF says (and it seems the most likely date), or sometime after that.
post #377 of 502
Henny Penny we co-sleep and dd nurses several times a night. I just temp somewhere between 1-3am, depending on when I got the most sleep and I think I'm doing ok with that.

Mahna Mahna When are you testing? I wouldn't be able to wait if I were that many dpo.
post #378 of 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammiga View Post
Henny Penny we co-sleep and dd nurses several times a night. I just temp somewhere between 1-3am, depending on when I got the most sleep and I think I'm doing ok with that.

Mahna Mahna When are you testing? I wouldn't be able to wait if I were that many dpo.

Well, I don't know. I'm not testing today, just in case AF decides to show up. And of course right after I posted this I saw spotting. But no heavy flow, which is usually how my period starts. Grrr. How many days after implantation (if that's what it was yesterday) can you realistically expect a BFP?
post #379 of 502
Thread Starter 


MahnaMahna~ i've heard people say you can get a + 1-2days after implantation.

henny penny~ The main goal is to get get at least 3hours of sleep before taking your temp. My toddler still wakes at night and i am able to still manage 3 hours of sleep before temping.


post #380 of 502
Mahna - is it brown spotting or red spotting?

henny - I am up a LOT at night and just try to take my temp every time I get up - so far it has been working. I also temp vaginally which really helps with stabilizing temps.

AFM - So I had almost a full degree spike in temps! Woot!! Now to just continue this trend - we have to leave at 4 am tomorrow morning to fly crosscountry so I'll try to temp to confirm O, but *shrugs*.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Nursing Mamas TTC July ~ Roll Call Please Check In