or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Do people in our generation care about weed?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Do people in our generation care about weed? - Page 9

post #161 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Girl View Post
Arsenic is also an herb, but it is also illegal.
1. Arsenic is an element. Not an herb.

2. Arsenic is still used today in various industries.
post #162 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
1. Arsenic is an element. Not an herb.

2. Arsenic is still used today in various industries.
you can get it in a homeopathic remedy.
post #163 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
you can get it in a homeopathic remedy.
Not just homeopathic, they are looking into useing arsenic-74 to replace iodine-124 in PET scans because it allows for a clearer image.

It's also been used to treat cancer, psoriosis and some bacterial infections in the past.
post #164 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by One_Girl View Post
Arsenic is also an herb and it is also illegal. I don't think legalizing things just because they are herbs is a great idea, especially if we are legalizing things that impair judgement at the same time as we are legalizing poisons. I agree with the way drugs are classified now.

Perscription drugs are also a different matter altogether. People get perscription drugs because they need them for a medical reason and I think that pot and other drugs with medical value should be legal by perscription. I don't think that we need to make more things illegal and I think we need to get more of a handle on the problems we have with people who abuse legal and illegal drugs, and our criminal justice system in general, before we go out and make more drugs legal to the general population.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
1. Arsenic is an element. Not an herb.

2. Arsenic is still used today in various industries.
:

http://www.history-magazine.com/arsenic.html.
post #165 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
Not just homeopathic, they are looking into useing arsenic-74 to replace iodine-124 in PET scans because it allows for a clearer image.

It's also been used to treat cancer, psoriosis and some bacterial infections in the past.
And syphilis according to my link.
post #166 of 304
isn't it in cigarettes or is that just one of those weird pieces of misinformation?
post #167 of 304
Quote:
Cigarette smoke: Arsenic-containing pesticides used in tobacco farming persist in small quantities in cigarette smoke.
http://quitsmoking.about.com/od/chem...nicprofile.htm
post #168 of 304
o well there ya go. arsenic is all over the place. i swear i read somewhere that it is in vaccines too... but again.. not entirely positive.
post #169 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by aniT View Post
And syphilis according to my link.
Syphilis is a bacteria.
post #170 of 304
Ahhh because I'm sure they don't have a breath test for MJ.
post #171 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by transformed View Post
You wouldnt find a dispensary selling heroin.
Well, not nowadays. Apparently it used to be sold as a side-effects free cough suppressant, while aspirin was viewed with suspicion.
post #172 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlovesl View Post
Ahhh because I'm sure they don't have a breath test for MJ.
Uh yeah... Cause you need a breath tests to figure out if someone is high of MJ...
post #173 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire_chan View Post
Well, not nowadays. Apparently it used to be sold as a side-effects free cough suppressant, while aspirin was viewed with suspicion.
The way attitudes towards different drugs shift over time is really fascinating. I remember reading an SF short story, based in a society where caffeine was illegal, and cocaine was legal. It seemed far-fetched in some ways, but not in others.

My mom was given heroin in labour in 1963. Heck - a friend of hers was given morphine for pain, but had to jump through hoops to get medical MJ for the same purpose (she waited months for a knee replacement and was in serious chronic pain). That's just ridiculous, imo. What is it the authorities think is going to happen when they give someone MJ, that isn't going to happen when they give them morphine??
post #174 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
Uh yeah... Cause you need a breath tests to figure out if someone is high of MJ...
and for court purposes or w/e they could do a urine test or something. i think there are a few others that you could do as well.

not to mention you would probably get a ticket for driving like an idiot. or driving really really really slow.
post #175 of 304
you'll know their high when you have to knock on their car window to get their attention and they tell you they were watching the traffic lights change.
post #176 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlebit View Post
and for court purposes or w/e they could do a urine test or something. i think there are a few others that you could do as well.

not to mention you would probably get a ticket for driving like an idiot. or driving really really really slow.
Exactly. As it stands, they have to do a urine test when you get to the police station for a DUI.
post #177 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlebit View Post
you'll know their high when you have to knock on their car window to get their attention and they tell you they were watching the traffic lights change.
"Dude... They... blink at me!"
post #178 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicianDad View Post
"Dude... They... blink at me!"
and every time it happens its eyes change color....
post #179 of 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1littlebit View Post
and every time it happens its eyes change color....
Do you think it wants something?
post #180 of 304
chips. definitely chips.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Do people in our generation care about weed?