or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

One unhappy mama. - Page 2

post #21 of 47
Not in your DDC, but what about a CNM? Many midwives I know take on clients like yourself.

I'm sorry that you were strung along. This happened to a friend of mine around her 35th week in pregnancy. She ended up just going along with the c-section and she really regrets it now. Stand back from your situation and try to examine how you will feel a couple months down the road.

It sounds like you really want this VBAC, so I would fight for it!
post #22 of 47
Thread Starter 
It might be a long shot, but I live in the Northern Colorado area. Do any other mamas live there or close by that can recommend someone? Going through Google is not proving effective.
post #23 of 47
Big Mama.
This situation just sucks. I wish you luck finding a new provider. It is not impossible and someone will take you on, I'm sure.
Sending lots of : to you!
post #24 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoolmama View Post
It might be a long shot, but I live in the Northern Colorado area. Do any other mamas live there or close by that can recommend someone? Going through Google is not proving effective.
You DO???? I live in No. Colorado too! Are you closer to Ft. Collins or Greeley? Just send me a PM. There are some CNMs in Greeley who I THINK do VBAC, and might take you on this late.
post #25 of 47
Hugs to you Mama. It is ridiculous that you are going through this. I would not discount the doula who is working for free. Maybe you could meet with her and find out more about her before you decide. She may be just the person you need- someone who is passionate about natural birth and who has personal experience with labor. If she is, she could be a great help to you by helping you labor as long as possible before going to the hospital. I understand that it is against the policy of your group of Dr's to allow you to attempt the VBAC, but is it against the policy of the hospital itself? If there is no ban on VBAC imposed by the hospital, you may have a chance of pulling off coming in ready to push.

Hopefully you could get connected with a CNM in your area that would allow you to labor on your own. Have you posted in finding your tribe or midwife areas of MDC? And have you checked out ICAN? It is so upsetting that your Dr's have this policy when there are so many more risks associated with a 3rd CSection than with a VBAC.

I will be sending you positive vibes in hopes that somehow you will find a way to have your VBAC!
post #26 of 47
Thread Starter 
I did talk with the doula and will be meeting up with her tomorrow. After emailing back and forth with her several times, I feel pretty good about it. I think her and I will be a good fit and she will be a GREAT advocate to help with what I want for my labor. Now I am praying that I will go into labor by 40 weeks!!!! I am 38 weeks today and am ready for little man to come out anytime!!!!
post #27 of 47
Thread Starter 

update.

Hi Mamas,
Just wanted to update and let you all know I met with my doula and absolutely loved her! We are completely on the same page and I believe she will be instrumental in my labor and birth. I also feel more empowered with her standing behind what I want as well. I am now 38 weeks 4 days and having TONS of changes in my body-please body- go into labor. I have decided to stay with the same doctor and fight for what I want! Also...preeclampsia is staying away!!! Wahoo! I have never been this pregnant before and never gone into labor before...it's a whole new world and I am EXCITED!!!!!

Hope all the other babies in the DDC are cooking well....
post #28 of 47
I'm so happy for you mama! Here are some : for things to continue along this positive vein.
post #29 of 47
I am so happy for you too! Also sending you lots of positive vibes!
post #30 of 47
GOOD LUCK!! I hope having a doula will make all the difference
post #31 of 47
so sorry your doc let you down, but happy you'll have a doula who can help you stay home through early labor so you show up without time for them to push you around too much!
post #32 of 47
DDC crashing here.

I am hoping you get your vba2c. The truth about success rates and rupture rates is that they are not very different from vbac; what you were told previously about chances not being good was a lie. You can do this!!! The odds are in your favor is the drs just leave you alone. Contact ICAN for support if you need it.

Things that helped me: no VEs till I was demanding pain relief (why let them put me on a clock and risk infection?); I avoided epidural; stayed upright and walked and walked and walked some more through labor; I ate soup in early labor when I was hungry; I stayed hydrated; I walked some more. I DIDN'T look at the clock. I consented to the CEFM b/c telemetry was available and I could stay mobile. My birth plan was short and sweet; I brought cookies for the nurses.

Good luck and easy labor!!
post #33 of 47
Good Luck momma!! YOu can do this!

Remember to use your Doula and CALL Her as soon as you think you are in labor. You will get your VBAC.

The Hospital cannot make you have a c-section. you have rights and you can refuse a c-section.

you can do this!
post #34 of 47
Thread Starter 

scared and worried.

I had an appt yesterday with my doc and while he had stated in the past that I could labor before doing a C-section, he now states my ONLY option is a C-section. He meant I could labor before they cut me open. Why in the hell would I want to labor without getting to the result of a vaginal birth??

I do not want to see my doctor anymore. I do not trust him. I am 39 weeks 1 day today and am scared out of my mind!! I will fight for my VBAC but it doesn't mean I don't feel overwhelmed, frightened and just completely lost.

My husband and doula came to the appt yesterday and it got pretty heated between my husband and the doctor. I am so grateful I have my husband completely behind me on doing a VBAC. I also have an AWESOME doula. I am worried about what happens if I just DON'T go into labor and what I do if I can't find another doctor. The risks of inducing me are too high and I don't want a sped up labor from inducing drugs. I don't know what to do. I have called around and all are saying they recommend a C-section. My doctor did say he has some ideas of places- one close to me and one about an hour and a half away. He is calling me back this afternoon.

I am also worried about if I go into labor without having another doctor. I don't want that doctor NEAR me or my baby. Let's just say I am scared out of my mind at the uncertainty of it all! I will be filing a big, fat complaint at the end of all this and the situation that ass put me in. I feel like crying. I want to curl up in a ball and have it all be over with and that's not how I should feel about my birth experience.
post #35 of 47
I am SO sorry Have you re-thought about maybe trying out the CNMs? If you don't want to, I completely understand. I wish I could wave a magic wand and 'fix' this for you!
post #36 of 47
Thread Starter 
CNM's won't take me on this late and with all of my past history. I am considered really high risk and a liability. That's always fun to hear. The ones in that city won't work because of some insurance stuff. I may be headed an hour away- not sure.
post #37 of 47
*sigh* Good luck finding someone else! Honestly, if it were me I would really think about a UC at this point... transferring only if there was something really wrong. Of course, I am planning a UC anyhow, so... not a big leap for me
post #38 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoolmama View Post
Why in the hell would I want to labor without getting to the result of a vaginal birth??
.
My MW told me that just by having the baby massaged by contractions by going through labor even if it ends in a Csection has tons of benefits for the baby. Including boosting some receptor levels, better ability to breathe, and lots of others I cant remember right now.
post #39 of 47
Thread Starter 
Really? Wow...
post #40 of 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zumbi View Post
My MW told me that just by having the baby massaged by contractions by going through labor even if it ends in a Csection has tons of benefits for the baby. Including boosting some receptor levels, better ability to breathe, and lots of others I cant remember right now.
YES, this is all true (sorry to DDC crash!). Letting your body go into labor naturally will send all the right hormones to baby, will mean baby is truly ready to be born, and will get your body better prepared for the post partum recovery. Even if you have a planned c-section, it's always better (as long as it's safe) to go into spontaneous labor first.

I hope you find an answer that's best for you!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2009