or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

What Are You Eating? - Page 2

post #21 of 81
I have been able to eat anything so far, and have not really had any aversions. I am eating alot though. I hope that is ok...Last 2 pregnancies I had the aversions and had to eat certain things to help the nausea. I can't remember when it started though. I am more aware with this one (and obsessing )
post #22 of 81
I'm eating whatever sounds good at the moment, since NOTHING ever sounds good. Whenever I come up with something appetizing, I race to the kitchen (or grocery store). It seems that pasta is a pretty good bet... and fruit. I can eat fruit all day. Sour stuff too -pickles, sourkraut and plain yogurt all sound really good.

The thing is, when I read these threads, I end up craving things like potato chips with french onion dip! MMMMMM
post #23 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toteblume View Post
Last night I devoured the Thai pepper eggplant I made. I was dubious when I caught a whiff of the fish sauce, but once in my mouth-nirvana!

Tonight it's ziti with puttanesca sauce--can't wait!

Food is so satisfying right now!

I cook every night and only buy organic, so I feel really nourished. No cravings for junk food other than my Route 11 Chesapeake Bay spice potato chips--they're divine!
Can you cook for me? I mean, you're only in Princeton so we're really only like 3 hours away..........
post #24 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by smeisnotapirate View Post
Can you cook for me? I mean, you're only in Princeton so we're really only like 3 hours away..........
Tell you what, you chip on groceries and it's a sure thing!
I love, love, love to cook. And have been told I'm very, very good at it.
post #25 of 81
Thread Starter 
OK ya'll, explain this craving I've been having for a couple days:

Baloney/bologna sandwich on white bread with mayo and yellow mustard, plain Lay's potato chips on the side. WTF?! I cook about 90% of our food from scratch, haven't had baloney in many, many, MANY years (maybe since I was a small child?) b/c that isht is GROSS, very rarely eat white bread, don't eat mayo or eggs. Ugh! Can't believe I want to eat this, or think I do. Nasty....
post #26 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
OK ya'll, explain this craving I've been having for a couple days:

Baloney/bologna sandwich on white bread with mayo and yellow mustard, plain Lay's potato chips on the side. WTF?! I cook about 90% of our food from scratch, haven't had baloney in many, many, MANY years (maybe since I was a small child?) b/c that isht is GROSS, very rarely eat white bread, don't eat mayo or eggs. Ugh! Can't believe I want to eat this, or think I do. Nasty....
Sounds like a food attachment to childhood? Maybe the connection is somehow comforting?

Funny, though!

Are you going to cave in?
post #27 of 81
Anything that I can convince myself to eat. I feel completely sick most of the time. Anything that has a smell is completely out of the question. (Last night, I opened a bag of fresh basil -- basil! delicious basil! -- and almost gagged.) I'm thinking there'll be a lot of potatoes and plain pasta in my future...
post #28 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyLee View Post
Cheese Pizza
Grilled cheese
Cheez-its

Do you see a pattern? I can also choke down fruit.

My belly is already pudging but it has nothign to do with the baby

A cheese sister! I can add to that list: Ritz crackers with cheese, scrambled eggs with cheese, and I've been having some major daydreams about mozarella sticks (but I haven't caved yet). I also feel much heavier, and I'm paranoid my co-workers are starting to notice. I was hoping to make it to the 10- or 12-week mark to tell people, but at this rate, they might already know!
post #29 of 81
I feel like I could puke right now as I sucked down a strawberry milkshake an hour or so ago and I'm still burping it up. I just hope it stays down 'cause it was soooo yummy!!
I've been eating fairly healthy - besides the shake and an occasional cookie - so salads, chicken, fish, pasta - have been working for me. H usually cooks and has been out of town, so I may have to pick something up for DS and I tonight - maybe Lion's Choice?! Mmmmmmm..........
post #30 of 81
Lately all I've been able to keep down is macaroni and cheese, cheese pizza, maybe some pickles if I'm not feeling too sick.. I need to go to the store and pick up some graham crackers. Most foods are making me gag.. I just have to eat whatever particular item I feel like at that moment, which can be annoying. I finally lost it today after feeling nauseous for hours. I ran to the bathroom and was in there for a while.. DP was really helpful and sweet..
post #31 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toteblume View Post
Sounds like a food attachment to childhood? Maybe the connection is somehow comforting?

Funny, though!

Are you going to cave in?
Huh. You may be on to something here. No, I'm pretty positive you're on to something here. Strangely this never crossed my mind, especially with some things I've been dealing with lately. Huh. Going to need to explore this and meditate on it...

So, we don't consume dairy (well, DH does at work sometimes, even though he's intolerant ) but I want a Tombstone pizza. OMG, this has to stop! Ever since kicking dairy almost 2 years ago, just the thought of dairy when I wasn't PG was enough to turn me off (maybe a little in a sample of bread or something would be alright every so often). So pizza? Blech. But I think I want it : .
post #32 of 81
I have been craving cheese too, but I think it is my body needing more calcium. You might just up the leafy greens, beans, salmon, etc. And see if the craving goes away?
post #33 of 81
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomacts View Post
I have been craving cheese too, but I think it is my body needing more calcium. You might just up the leafy greens, beans, salmon, etc. And see if the craving goes away?
I was able to get down 4 Brussels sprouts last night : . That might be as green and leafy as it gets for a minute . Though I'm going to try. I've got a bunch of collards in the fridge that probably are no longer edible since they've been in their for a so long. I had planned on making a huge vat of honey collards, which I normally looooove, before I got the m/s. Now the thought just wants to make me gag.
post #34 of 81
Spinach with a bunch of garlic sounds pretty great to me...
post #35 of 81
I'm cooking a meal for a woman at our synagogue who is going through chemo. Rosemary garlic roast chicken, green beans from the garden, and quinoa.

She's going to be lucky if it makes it to her house.
post #36 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamacatsbaby View Post
So, we don't consume dairy (well, DH does at work sometimes, even though he's intolerant ) but I want a Tombstone pizza. OMG, this has to stop! Ever since kicking dairy almost 2 years ago, just the thought of dairy when I wasn't PG was enough to turn me off (maybe a little in a sample of bread or something would be alright every so often). So pizza? Blech. But I think I want it : .
: (except for DH eating dairy at work)

Why do I want cheese all of a sudden? Yeesh. :
post #37 of 81
I am so yuk feeling.. ready for this diet:

baby rice cereal
cream of wheat
Gerber fruit medley baby fruit
saltines
Arby's roast beef sandwich.
post #38 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by lincap View Post
I am so yuk feeling.. ready for this diet:

baby rice cereal
cream of wheat
Gerber fruit medley baby fruit
saltines
Arby's roast beef sandwich.
LOL, it was following a pattern up until that last item...
very funny.

Heck, I say whatever it takes to get you through. I sucked on jelly bellies all afternoon.
post #39 of 81
I'm done trying to eat.
For some reason I thought I could try and get down a whole wheat soy cheese quesadilla with lettuce. Yep, a horrible idea.
I'm down to watermelon(some other fruits), saltines and fruit slushies from my blender. Seriously, I'm not even going to try and go beyond this until I am out of the ms woods.
post #40 of 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molliejo View Post
Spaghetti sauce. Fresh pineapple. Bananas.

Not much else, really.
Just spaghetti sauce?? Thats awsome.

I'm in love with strawberries/bananas with a little bit of vanilla ice cream on top atm. Oh and any ice cream with chocolate pieces. Mmmmmmmmmmmm. Beyond that, I'm just eating whatever I can stomach.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: March 2010