post #21 of 233
7/15/09 at 11:59am
Good movie - but I will have to see it again without having read the book so close...there was alot of change (which I do understand)
1. The Burrow buring - totally didn't make sense. Looked good...but I was totally WTF.
2. No mention of Bill and Flure(sp?) when the wedding is a big point in the next book?
3. Lupin and Tonks are a happy, together couple? What about the sad Tonks?
4. No Marvolo memories? Or mention of him at all?
5. WhereTH was the Hogwarts battle!!??!!
I also thought the end was not in line with Harry's character. In the book the reason he dosen't intervene is because he is frozen under the invisiblity cloak. I really don't think he would have just stood there and watched otherwise...he isn't that good at following orders now is he. I also didn't like the other Death Eaters being there...that wasn't in line with the feeling of the end of the book.
And hiding the book, he hid it there and then remembers the key Horcrux for the end of the next book *because* it was where he had hidden the book??
I also didn't like the more private Harry and Ginny....
BUT like I said, I can apprecaite the movie as a movie and the book as a book. I will watch it again and try not to think about the book LOL!
OK, and I have a question. When they were talking about the Potions textbook and Ron accused Harry of taking it to bed with him, did he (Ron) say something like "It's like sleeping with Hermione"? Or did I imagine that?
My big thing was no funeral. Just that little Wizarding Grateful Dead concert-type thing at the end.