bigknitwit- did you guys decide to go with LDA? For that price, I would really encourage you to, if you haven't. Thankfully, our doctor has charged our visits as doctor visits, rather than half shot/half visit, so insurance and medicaid picks up the entire thing (I think he really felt bad for us at the last appointment)! We still have to pay travel costs to get there, so it turns into an expensive adventure, but I think in the long run it will be worth it. We're gearing up for shot #6 next Tuesday and are so, so excited! (does that sound awful?
) but after DS1's response to the last shot, we're just really ready to see his response to this one. Most people I've talked to have said that their children responded after 2-3 shots; I think our responses have been very minimal, up until the last shot, but it is important to remember it can take anywhere from 1 month to 18 months before it significantly helps someone. I'm trying to keep information on LDA on my blog, as well, I posted some links there to our clinic and Dr. Shrader's, who developed LDA, clinic. Click here
if you want to check it out. I'm going to make a point to really document before/after LDA. It's hard to find info online about it, so I want to try and get some more out there, hopefully it helps someone and hopefully I can post some good response news next week!
linguistmama- how has it been going for you?