or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Frugality & Finances › I think its time for a new low income/struggling mamas suppot thread!!!!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I think its time for a new low income/struggling mamas suppot thread!!!!!! - Page 14

post #261 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatWrangler View Post
Add me to the Dental problem club. I have two broken teeth.
Is it just me, or does these things always happened when you don't have the money???
post #262 of 285
It's NOT just you, MichaelsSAHM!
post #263 of 285
.
post #264 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by cwat View Post
It's NOT just you, MichaelsSAHM!
I just wanted to say how much I admire single mamas. I alway feel like I shouldn't complain, because I get help from DH while there are so many single mama's doing it by themselfs.

(((HUGS)))
post #265 of 285
you are sweet, MichaelsSAHM,

P.S-my DD2's first name is Michaela (her dad's middle name is Michael )
post #266 of 285
.
post #267 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm View Post
Any of you have myspace or fb??? I would love to stay in contact with you guys.
my myspace is: http://www.myspace.com/dutchieann

for my FB just PM me.
Me
http://profile.myspace.com/i_am_magick. I will pm my facebook as well
post #268 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by natural_mama89 View Post
Me
http://profile.myspace.com/i_am_magick. I will pm my facebook as well
On MS it asks for your last name or e-mail lol/ So I think it will be easier for you to add me.
post #269 of 285
I'm right there with all of you too. Dh is self employed in this unstable economy. I work part time and we have two little ones. We live in a really expensive part of the country but we have to because dh's work. We haven't bought clothes in years, our cars are old and falling apart and we are struggling to pay the bills. Seems like every time we start to catch up something big happens: i.e. this past month my windshield cracked, the brakes went out and we had a $800 in plumbing issues! Most of the people we know have money and can't understand how come we can't afford to do xyz like they can. They think they are broke with their country club memberships, private school for their kids, manicures, new clothes and vacations. :
post #270 of 285
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelsSahm View Post
On MS it asks for your last name or e-mail lol/ So I think it will be easier for you to add me.
Done. My number one is my DP.
post #271 of 285
Well, tomorrow is the first day of school for everyone / Part of me is really happy & part of me is really sad. It's DD2's first day of kindergarten, and she's the last one, sigh.
Other than that, I'm counting down to Sept 3rd (payday & FSday)
Hope everyone's ok...:
post #272 of 285
Yeah , the PS kids here went back last week, but tomorrow is the first day back for college, which means i have a whole new work schedule again. I'm thinking I have to change it around AGAIN, cause I need to schedule time to homeschool the kids if, y'know, I'm actually homeschooling them :

I have to gather up paperwork for the HHSC office to get my medicaid/foodstamps operational--haven't done that yet. I have two or three jobs in mind to apply for--haven't done it. I should have gone to the library ages ago to get some books for the kids' schooling (Ambleside is what i'm attempting to do--CM-inspired free curric)--you guessed it, haven't done that either.

On top of that, I have about 3 hours worth of work to get done TODAY, and since I can't get ahold of my stupid college counselor, I guess I have no choice but to suck it up, read that horrible text, and try to cobble together my week 1 assignments by tomorrow night :

So, my mother is really helping us financially, and she's really sweet for the most part, but sometimes she says things that show she really doesn't get what I'm doing with my life at all. :

I went to visit her last night, and we were talking about the declining state of my DH's health, how I'm worried about him, and how it's frustrating to not know if he can handle keeping a job once he finally finds one. Our financial stress is really second to stress about DH's health, yk? She asked me, "If you had truly realized the extend of his health problems, would you have went ahead with this marriage?"

I was really shocked. I said, "Of course--I love him, and whatever happened to 'in sickness and in death' anyway?" She went on about how a marriage is supposed to be a partnership and I should be able to rely on my DH for a stable income, security, etc... She dropped it, and so did I (yay for finally learning how to get along--LOL!)...but it's still eating at me that she thinks that way--that I basically would be better off without him. Do other people think that way too?? Maybe I'm too much of a romantic....?
post #273 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
I went to visit her last night, and we were talking about the declining state of my DH's health, how I'm worried about him, and how it's frustrating to not know if he can handle keeping a job once he finally finds one. Our financial stress is really second to stress about DH's health, yk? She asked me, "If you had truly realized the extend of his health problems, would you have went ahead with this marriage?"

I was really shocked. I said, "Of course--I love him, and whatever happened to 'in sickness and in death' anyway?" She went on about how a marriage is supposed to be a partnership and I should be able to rely on my DH for a stable income, security, etc... She dropped it, and so did I (yay for finally learning how to get along--LOL!)...but it's still eating at me that she thinks that way--that I basically would be better off without him. Do other people think that way too?? Maybe I'm too much of a romantic....?
Wow! Hugs to you for not freaking out! I don't think you can even think about the "what ifs" in this situation. If it was the other way around, I'm sure your mother would want him sticking by you.

I'm having some issues today. I am going through all of DDs old clothes and dividing them up. I wanted to donate the old ones to the shelter, but now we are so broke, I'm thinking of trying to sell them. Even 5 bucks would help at this point. It really sucks because I want to pass them on to other women who could use them, especially since we were given some clothes for the winter already.
post #274 of 285
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystal323 View Post
Yeah , the PS kids here went back last week, but tomorrow is the first day back for college, which means i have a whole new work schedule again. I'm thinking I have to change it around AGAIN, cause I need to schedule time to homeschool the kids if, y'know, I'm actually homeschooling them :

I have to gather up paperwork for the HHSC office to get my medicaid/foodstamps operational--haven't done that yet. I have two or three jobs in mind to apply for--haven't done it. I should have gone to the library ages ago to get some books for the kids' schooling (Ambleside is what i'm attempting to do--CM-inspired free curric)--you guessed it, haven't done that either.

On top of that, I have about 3 hours worth of work to get done TODAY, and since I can't get ahold of my stupid college counselor, I guess I have no choice but to suck it up, read that horrible text, and try to cobble together my week 1 assignments by tomorrow night :

So, my mother is really helping us financially, and she's really sweet for the most part, but sometimes she says things that show she really doesn't get what I'm doing with my life at all. :

I went to visit her last night, and we were talking about the declining state of my DH's health, how I'm worried about him, and how it's frustrating to not know if he can handle keeping a job once he finally finds one. Our financial stress is really second to stress about DH's health, yk? She asked me, "If you had truly realized the extend of his health problems, would you have went ahead with this marriage?"

I was really shocked. I said, "Of course--I love him, and whatever happened to 'in sickness and in death' anyway?" She went on about how a marriage is supposed to be a partnership and I should be able to rely on my DH for a stable income, security, etc... She dropped it, and so did I (yay for finally learning how to get along--LOL!)...but it's still eating at me that she thinks that way--that I basically would be better off without him. Do other people think that way too?? Maybe I'm too much of a romantic....?
I start school tomorrow too.. and I am pretty nervous about leaving 9 week old DS and 2 yo DS with gramma for 3 1/2 hours. I hate pumping!

Sorry about your mom's comments.. I hope she meant well, and just wanted to make sure you are comfortable with your decision to marry him If I had a daughter in your situation, I would probably ask her the same thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeighB View Post
I'm having some issues today. I am going through all of DDs old clothes and dividing them up. I wanted to donate the old ones to the shelter, but now we are so broke, I'm thinking of trying to sell them. Even 5 bucks would help at this point. It really sucks because I want to pass them on to other women who could use them, especially since we were given some clothes for the winter already.
Maybe you can have a yard sale to make a little extra $$ and you can also donate the rest that doesn't sell?
post #275 of 285
Thread Starter 
Sorry about your mother's hurtful words, Krystal. She probably did not mean it like that.
Wow you all start school early! The PS here started Thursday, but the colleges around here don't start til late September. I start on Sept 21st. My kids don't start Montessori until October 1st because I would have had to pay for the whole month for them to go a week and a half this month. So, the grandparents are watching them I think 7 or 8 days for 3-4 hours and I save $1000 for childcare!

For those of you who have gotten student loans, do you think I should apply now, or wait until the point at which I would need them?
post #276 of 285
Thread Starter 
here is a pic of my tat
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=18413954
and another
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=18413955
Still not totally healed yet, but getting there.
here is a pic of our huge tomato plants
http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/inde...ageID=18413936
post #277 of 285
I love your tatoo, Natural_mama89!!!! (and your tomato plants )
My tomato plant fell off of my porch (I live on the 2nd floor) during one of our rain storms
post #278 of 285
Thread Starter 
Thanks! Unfortunately, our beautiful tomato plants are showing early signs of blight, some leaves are jut yellowing and there have been a few brown dead ones. I have been pulling off all the affected leaves. I am really sad that we may not get any ripe tomatoes. Uggg, wee our garden did turn out prett well or a first attempt.
post #279 of 285
Well, everyone's officially in school cry
Had a little bit of drama with DS2 (didn't want to get out of the car) Ended up "threatening" to walk him into school so he would go eyeroll hahaha
And DD2's bus came 10 minutes early, had to do a mad dash down the hill to catch it. Luckily, she was all ready (shoes, backpack, etc)
I miss them cry
post #280 of 285
Oh my goodness! I didn't realize what a fast moving thread this was! I'll have to try my best but sorry I'm not so good at these, giving it a fair go... be patient while I learn who you all are to respond more individually!

So, I can't even remember where I left off. No more nasty foreclosure letters-yet. I ran around and applied to at least half a dozen fast food jobs and am quite reluctant to continue to pursue them (THIS is where my college degree with honors got me?!?!) uuug

I also have a major dental emergency (I think #12 -top left incisor) has halfway died, cracked and is doing some nerve stuff. Now it's hard to eat, even eggs which you can kind of mush up with your tongue I applied and was turned down for all the financing the local dentists accept and the next best thing is a clinic about 30min away that does about 50%off if you qualify. Anyhow having two little ones and very little sleep (pain woke me up around 4am) and pain somewhere between 8-10 on the 1-10 scale is trying me today.

When stuff like this happens I get really : at the lack of options out there for the uninsured... sometimes I would feel better off ANYWHERE but the US!

Anyhow with the university in session again I start work today, so that's an extra little bit here or there (when the check FINALLY goes through... seems to take 4-6 weeks )

Anyhow hang in there love and to those that need them...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Frugality & Finances
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Frugality & Finances › I think its time for a new low income/struggling mamas suppot thread!!!!!!