or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › 40+ TTC~FALLing over to get pregnant
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

40+ TTC~FALLing over to get pregnant - Page 9

post #161 of 824
MsGB - that's a FANTASTIC FSH level! Awesome! Sorry the clinic seems to have screwed up the ED's appts though

And thanks for the congrats.
post #162 of 824

Thanks for the advice

I decided to just go for it. It would seem that the sperm that are the best will be the ones to reach. Makes sense! I think I'll just pump a bit more milk for my DD (to freeze) and just make it happen. I'm passed my ovulation this month so around Sept 16th.

(about my id change: I didn't have too much history so, I'm ok with loosing it, though I feel like a dork for not knowing it!!)

FYI: I just watched Nat Geo's show on Multiples-wow it was terrific. I learned that there really can be same egg twins (identical) that are boy-girl! Really neat stuff.
post #163 of 824
MsGB! Yay for the good news! I can totally relate to tears of joy over test results. Boo for the bad news. Ugh I hate that kind of thing. I hope you get it straightened out soon.

Good wishes, Amy! What is the pumping part about? Did I miss something? Wow about the identical bro/sis.

I'm CD21, still no temp shift. I'm lighting a candle for an egg to pop and it to be the one.
post #164 of 824
Thread Starter 
I would like to see that. I am not really clear on how boy/girl twins could be identical since they are not identically alike? Interesting.
MsGB Great news on your FSH results!!!
post #165 of 824
So many babies, yay!!! :

AFM, I'm CD7, sitting on my hands. I hate the 2ww, but at least our little 3-day vacation made it go a little faster. Back now, trying to play catch-up and that should make the days go faster, too! Trying to hold out to 12DPO!
post #166 of 824
Oh, I'm still nursing my 13 month old so I want to stock pile some breastmilk in case I dry up too early when pregnant. I've nursed through 3 other pregnancies and tandem nursed but I just want to be sure to have some if I need it.

Here's more info on the Nat Geo show...
http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...multiples-2824

Here's how boy-girl identicals are explained....
"But surprisingly there are a tiny number of boy-girl monozygotic twins. They result from an egg that contains an unusual mixture of sex chromosones. Not the usual xx for a girl and xy for a boy. Occasionally an egg contains 3 sex chromosones, two x's and a y. But if the egg divides to create monozygotic twins, a chromosone may be lost in the process leaving one embryo with a girl's xx combination and her monozygotic twin as an xy boy. "
post #167 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthy View Post
FYI: I just watched Nat Geo's show on Multiples-wow it was terrific. I learned that there really can be same egg twins (identical) that are boy-girl! Really neat stuff.
Seriously?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthy View Post
Here's how boy-girl identicals are explained....
"But surprisingly there are a tiny number of boy-girl monozygotic twins. They result from an egg that contains an unusual mixture of sex chromosones. Not the usual xx for a girl and xy for a boy. Occasionally an egg contains 3 sex chromosones, two x's and a y. But if the egg divides to create monozygotic twins, a chromosone may be lost in the process leaving one embryo with a girl's xx combination and her monozygotic twin as an xy boy. "
That's crazy! Wow.

(and I can tell my pregnancy-brain is kicking in because I was seriously thinking "Nat Geo? Should I know this person??" )
post #168 of 824

Um, I need some thoughts....

Background... I am on CD 21. I'm pretty sure I O'd on day 14. So today we were lovin' with me laying on the bed edge and DH standing. Usually this late in my cycle it's a bit uncomfortable because my cervix is low and I'm a bit dry. (I am breastfeeding still, too.) BUT not today.... My cervix is high. Hmmmmm, what the ??? I haven't taken my temps the last few days. Maybe I was off on my O day. I have been dry the last week though. Any ideas???
post #169 of 824
It's quiet here. Amy, my cervix measurements have never been clear to me, so I'm no expert there. I hope you get some clarity.

I'm CD24 and still no O. Part of me is stressing out. Another part knows I've been giving my body lots of good support with the TCM and homeopathy and trusts this may be part of the process. Has anyone ever (ever?!) gotten pregnant on such a late temp shift. If I Oed tomorrow it would be about a 38 day cycle. I do get those about once a year or a little more. Just don't want one now!!

Today is the 2 year anniversary of the due date for Baby Spirit. I have Jan 07 listed in my sig which makes it sound like a shorter pregnancy than it was. I had an amazing experience of connecting with a sweet spirit. I stopped sensing it in January and in Feb when we had an ultrasound it turns out the growth had stopped at that time in Jan. My sense is somehow that was the mothering s/he needed. My body really held onto that pg, despite all kinds of efforts to miscarry naturally and I ended up having it done in the doctor's office in March of that year. Anyway, somehow I wanted to share that with you all who have been such a dear community in this part of my journey to #2.

I'm feeling a bit melancholy about it, but also good to remember that sweet spirit and that I can get pregnant. I was almost 40 then.

: :
post #170 of 824
here is a pic of Rauri at 9 days...my first attempt at a newborn back carry

sooo tired...went to see Dr Newman today (Ontario bf doc) Rauri was tongue tied he snipped her...she is okay...I hope it was worth it
post #171 of 824
She is beautiful!!! Thank you for posting the photo.

Very impressive, mama getting her on your back at 9 days!
post #172 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
here is a pic of Rauri at 9 days...my first attempt at a newborn back carry

sooo tired...went to see Dr Newman today (Ontario bf doc) Rauri was tongue tied he snipped her...she is okay...I hope it was worth it
So sweet! I love her name! I have a nephew named Rory
post #173 of 824
Waturmama I "O"ed on CD23 with my last little one, so....no worries there, it can still happen for you! I'm sorry you are feeling sad and missing your tiny Spirit

I'm actually on CD23 today...but thankfully this is not a long cycle. I think I'm 7dpo and had a temp dip today. Been having those familiar stinging cramps all day....so it's got me wondering! Oh---and my cervix was super high this morn...like I couldn't even find it. Maybe I should jump over to the obsess and test thread! I tested on cd9 with the #5, and got a bfp, but I think I can wait a little longer this time----maybe!
post #174 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by homebirthy View Post
Background... I am on CD 21. I'm pretty sure I O'd on day 14. So today we were lovin' with me laying on the bed edge and DH standing. Usually this late in my cycle it's a bit uncomfortable because my cervix is low and I'm a bit dry. (I am breastfeeding still, too.) BUT not today.... My cervix is high. Hmmmmm, what the ??? I haven't taken my temps the last few days. Maybe I was off on my O day. I have been dry the last week though. Any ideas???
Are you thinking what I'm thinking?
post #175 of 824
Thread Starter 
saoirse Dr. Newman is Awesome!!! I have been working with Lenore Goldfarb for years helping women lactate for adopted babies. She and Dr. Newman developed the protocol we use. Rauri is beautiful!!!!!!!
post #176 of 824
Thread Starter 
Went for acupuncture today. She suggested I use progesterone cream after O in my cycle. She ordered me some bio-identical cream. She also suggested using a digital test like Clear Blue Easy when I am that late as it gives a clearer answer for a little bit of HCG than trying to read a faint line.
It was a good appointment.
post #177 of 824
My goodness. that is impressive. I've never tried a newborn in back carry. She looks so sweet!

MsGBs, those FSH results ROCK!!!!!
post #178 of 824
Quote:
Originally Posted by THANKFULFORFIVE View Post
Waturmama I "O"ed on CD23 with my last little one, so....no worries there, it can still happen for you! I'm sorry you are feeling sad and missing your tiny Spirit

I'm actually on CD23 today...but thankfully this is not a long cycle. I think I'm 7dpo and had a temp dip today. Been having those familiar stinging cramps all day....so it's got me wondering! Oh---and my cervix was super high this morn...like I couldn't even find it. Maybe I should jump over to the obsess and test thread! I tested on cd9 with the #5, and got a bfp, but I think I can wait a little longer this time----maybe!
Oh thank you for that wonderful info about your CD23 baby. That really does make me feel more hopeful. It is amazing what one true story can do. Thank you very much for the e-hug, too.

Cramps and super high cervix sound promising. : for you and Amy and anyone I missed.
post #179 of 824
: and to all who need it. Not much here other than I'm hoping my placenta is moving. The baby is currently sunny side up but there is time for that to change, too.
post #180 of 824

BFP Please add me to the list!

x
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › 40+ TTC~FALLing over to get pregnant