|Originally posted by citizenfong
Hey, UC mamas, remind me why I don't need to stress out about going over that magical threshold of 42 weeks! I hit the mark on Friday.
Here it is...the reason we wanted a UC. I KNOW I'd have been scheduled for induction by now!
1. No women has ever been pregnant forever
2. Your body knows exactly when it needs to start labor
3. Your baby knows exactly when he or she is fully ready to be born
4. Your body is working now, preparing to give birth, even if you are not in active labor
5. Your body works perfectly
6. 42 weeks is an arbitrary number given by the medical establishment to make life convenient for doctors
7. All women and babies are different, how can anyone tell you exactly how long your baby needs to gestate
OKay, that's all I can think of off the top of my head. Any of these ring a bell?