Week One: Front Porch and List Week
My Goals for this week:
Make the following lists:
* Gifts to be given and budget
* Christmas card list: Print list and update it. Decide how many cards are needed.
* Visits to make
* Menus for Halloween Party, Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years
* Goodies for Sharing/Gifts. Decide how much needs to be made and divide it between the weeks from now through December 1.
* Favorite Meals for freezing ahead.
* Long-term shopping list divided into: canned foods, perishables for each holiday, linens and dishes, decorations, etc.
*See if DH has the time to build the stairs and buy the 4 10 foot boards needed to finish porch.
*Clean up around porch, weed-eat at edges
*Hang new front door?!
*New porch light?
*Hang fall wreath
*Pick up any trash in front yard, driveway, flower beds, etc.
*Clean up end of driveway: put all big trash to curb, move landscape bricks to build well house foundation, etc.
* Wash door mat
* Buy flower pots and mums for each side of the front door
These are a lot of big tasks that we've been putting off for financial and/or time reasons, so I may not get it all done. I'd really like to have steps, the boards, the new door put on (we already have it), and a porch light. As I finish tasks, I'll change their color to red.