We didn't seal up the floorboards themselves, rather the gap between the floorboards and the skirting boards around the whole room. For this we used a type of plaster that is designed for large cracks. It came in a squeeze out tube. You can buy it and mix yourself which is cheaper but I was way too lazy to try hehe. My dad told me to use silicone along them since it is more flexible for when the floorboards expand but I tried this and it was very difficult to do and the result was messy- since Im not experienced with that kind of thing. So I found the plaster worked a lot better and gave a clean unnoticeable finish. If you do have gaps in between the actual boards there is something you can buy to seal those. I'm not sure what it's called though I just know that in several places around our old house someone had done that. Good luck, we haven't seen a single carpet beetle in a LONG TIME!
post #21 of 21
12/4/11 at 12:49pm