post #101 of 131
8/23/10 at 1:48pm
1. Schedule an immunization/vaccine-preventable disease educational intervention session with parent/guardian or student if > 18 years of age. Include a review of the educational materials (Appendix C)
included in this packet. Educational materials include:
3. A CDC Vaccine Information Statement (VIS) for each of the required vaccinations for which the student is
exempt. VIS’s are available in multiple languages at can be ordered on line at www.health.ri.gov. from our
• http://www.immunize.org/vis/index.htm, or by contacting the Facts for Parents to Consider with Unprotected Children
• Parents/students requesting additional information can be referred to or given a copy of Reliable Sources of Immunization Information
2. After reading the educational materials, have parent initial and sign Section 2 of the Religious Immunization Exemption Certificate.
3. The administrative head and school nurse should sign and date Section 3 of the Religious Immunization Exemption Certificate, and distribute copies as designated on the bottom of the certificate.
I WON!My dc are going to school with their exemptions.The school commitee decided on it last night.The superintendent is going to notify both schools' principals and the school nurses.I am so happy to have this over with.Thanks everyone for all your help!!