or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › Best Facebook pregnancy status update?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Best Facebook pregnancy status update?

post #1 of 235
Thread Starter 
Hi!

I'm reaching the 12 week mark tomorrow and I think I'll finally come out to Facebook (all close friends and family already know). Any suggestions for how to word the status update? I've been thinking "is due in March," but I don't know if that's creative enough.

What did you write?

I thought there was a thread on this a while back, but I can't find it.

Thanks!!!

post #2 of 235
I changed my profile picture to a picture of the test and wrote, "is freaking out much less now than she was 6 weeks ago." LOL This was a very unexpected pregnancy.
post #3 of 235
I changed my profile pic to a shot of my DS wearing a "Big Brother" shirt, and my status said, "is craving pickles."
post #4 of 235
.... is growing a person.

post #5 of 235
...is using facebook for mass dissemination of personal news - Matt and I are expecting our first child in January.

I always thought it silly when people get way too personal on such a public forum, but I thought bun in the oven status was ok.
post #6 of 235
I joined FB after everyone already knew, so I didn't get to do any sort of FB announcement. I am already looking forward to #3 when I can do that, lol.

... is "full of life."

... has plans for March. (I think that one's a little more creative than "is due" in March.)

... is caring for her inner child.

... has an expanding waistline (or substitute whatever pregnancy symptom/sign you want here, like ... has morning sickness, etc.)
post #7 of 235

pickles

At 16 weeks I posted "Abby is officially craving pickles....and will be for 5 more months" along with our sonogram pic
post #8 of 235
I think I wrote something along the lines of

... is gestating
post #9 of 235
you could say "... has the Egyptian Flu!" because you're going to be a Mummy
post #10 of 235
Mine was "oops I did it again"
post #11 of 235
I went with the simple "is pregnant."
post #12 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by weliveintheforest View Post
you could say "... has the Egyptian Flu!" because you're going to be a Mummy
post #13 of 235
I put up our sonogram pick and wrote;
is singing happy 3 months to Butter Bean! Isn't he/she cute!
post #14 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmony96 View Post
I joined FB after everyone already knew, so I didn't get to do any sort of FB announcement. I am already looking forward to #3 when I can do that, lol.

... is "full of life."

... has plans for March. (I think that one's a little more creative than "is due" in March.)

... is caring for her inner child.

... has an expanding waistline (or substitute whatever pregnancy symptom/sign you want here, like ... has morning sickness, etc.)
These are all so cute! I would have stole one if I saw this before
post #15 of 235
"Jessica and Chris will be welcoming a little one into our family in mid-September."
post #16 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsVyky View Post
I think I wrote something along the lines of

... is gestating
That's the one I thought of using.
post #17 of 235
I put "won't be having any sangia, sushi or Starbucks.....at least not for nine months anyways ; ) "
post #18 of 235
is bakeing a bun, estimated cooking time x weeks and x days
post #19 of 235
A friend of mine put "is fat and happy!"
post #20 of 235
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckyand3littlemonsters View Post
is bakeing a bun, estimated cooking time x weeks and x days
Ooo and along that line, you could also do:

... has something in the oven, and she's not talking about tonight's dinner.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Pregnant
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › I'm Pregnant › Best Facebook pregnancy status update?