or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Fall Duggars: 19 and counting!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Fall Duggars: 19 and counting! - Page 3

post #41 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
Wasnt Joy the one who put her hands on the tv to cover immodest dress when M&JB went on the view?
Yes, I'm pretty sure that's Joy. I think she's cute.
post #42 of 289
I always feel a tiny bit bad for JoyAnna, because she is right in the middle- there's that older contingent of girls, and the toddler/baby girls, but no other girls her age. Around her age was a long run of boys! She must be in an odd spot sometimes.
post #43 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
Wasnt Joy the one who put her hands on the tv to cover immodest dress when M&JB went on the view?
Yes, that's the one!
post #44 of 289
We love JoyAnna! I think she seems like a fun girl - she's been shown wrestling with the boys and taking care of her older sisters after surgery not to mention helping with Johanna - who I think is the real handful of the bunch. I don't think Joy is old enough to have the 'training' to show a pleasant face at all times like the older girls have. But I don't think she's unpleasant or camera happy like Josh. JMO.
post #45 of 289
I love JoyAnna!! She seems so spunky!
post #46 of 289
All I know is after watching the last episode, my kids all wanted a giant homemade slip-and-slide in the backyard! What fun....I adore that family!
post #47 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisoula View Post
All I know is after watching the last episode, my kids all wanted a giant homemade slip-and-slide in the backyard! What fun....I adore that family!
I know after watching that episode I wanted a giant homemade slippyslide in my yard!
post #48 of 289
: that looks like so much fun. I see tonight was the night they decided to tell the kids about baby 19.
post #49 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by annettemarie View Post
A review of the thread guidelines:
This is the television forum. The purpose of the television forum is to discuss 18, 19, 20, Whatever Kids and Counting, the television show.

All posts must both adhere to the forum's purpose (see above) and the User Agreement, specifically


Defamatory = purposely harmful and/or untrue with the intention to malign. MDC is no longer hosting celebrity gossip, which should cover most of it, but we will also not host speculation of a harmful or overly personal nature, including allegations of abuse or armchair mental health diagnoses. This is also covered under "casting suspicion". If you can't prove it with a reliable source, don't post it as fact.

Baiting = trying to make end runs around the User Agreement and hinting that members posting to this thread on either "side" are somehow morally deficient. It will not be tolerated, and is not the purpose of this forum. Discuss the show, not the members who discuss the show.

Offensive/disrespectful: You can discuss your thoughts on their religious beliefs as they pertain to the show. But please, mind your language. We don't host any form of religious bigotry on MDC. Don't use words that would offend you if someone turned them around and used them to describe your own beliefs. Certainly, words like "cult" are NEVER appropriate when describing someone's religious beliefs.

Invasion of Privacy = tell-all blogs, aerial shots of private properties, etc.

Personal attack and namecalling: To clarify, you may state how you feel or how something makes you feel. You may feel certain actions are selfish, careless, or mean. You may not call someone selfish, careless, or mean.

This isn't the place to debate religion, family planning/fertility, discipline techniques, etc. If you want to have an extended conversation on those topics, please start a thread in the proper forum.

This thread will be opened tonight and will be actively moderated. The plan is to start a new thread every few months. Posts that violate these guidelines will be removed and alerted. Jim-Bob and Michelle and their brood are certainly not core to MDC's purpose, and if these guidelines can't be adhered to, the thread will be removed.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions or concerns.

Signed,
Modzilla


THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! for reminding everybody about this. I always cringe at the way people start the Duggar bashing whenever the topic comes up.
post #50 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Awaken View Post
I always feel a tiny bit bad for JoyAnna, because she is right in the middle- there's that older contingent of girls, and the toddler/baby girls, but no other girls her age. Around her age was a long run of boys! She must be in an odd spot sometimes.
thats how i feel about her too... i mean im sure all her brothers are fun, but sometimes i bet she wants a sister her own age too....

on the other hand, she seems to do more "boy" stuff than the other girls too.

and i loved the slip n slide.... we used to do crazy slip n slides at church camp (think jelly, mustard, etc) and it brought back tons of memories... i liked how they called it a redneck water slide
post #51 of 289
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by momo7 View Post
THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! for reminding everybody about this. I always cringe at the way people start the Duggar bashing whenever the topic comes up.
Well, to be fair, this isn't a Duggar-lover thread either. People are welcome to dislike the family all they want. We just want to keep it within the User Agreement.
post #52 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCatLvrMom2A&X View Post
: that looks like so much fun. I see tonight was the night they decided to tell the kids about baby 19.
From what Jim Bob and Michelle were saying they had only found out about 2 hours prior that Michelle was pregnant - she sprung the news on him with a positive test in the bathroom. He confessed that he is very bad keeping secrets and told the kids just 2 hours later!

My favorite past was when Michelle called Josh and Anna to tell them the good news only to find out that Joy had already called them!
post #53 of 289
I watched the episode last night, but my DVR stopped recording just as Michelle was commenting about her pregnancy being up to God. She got through the "By the Grace of God we'll...." then my DVR stopped just as she said "However....."

Can anyone tell me what the "however" part was?
post #54 of 289
...however this turns out. Or something very close.
post #55 of 289
I want a giant slip and slide!!!! That looked so fun. It would have been so great to see Michelle go down it if she wasn't pregnant again. I gotta say though, that I kept thinking about that "industrial strength" dish soap they were using. Ugh. Not good for the grass, ground, or environment. Too bad they didn't use a biodegradable soap.

I thought the reaction of...the older boy (forgot his name- all the J names sound the same to me. I can't keep them straight)...was kinda funny. I guess he's just shy on camera, but he didn't seem too excited. Even JimBob looked a bit uncomfortable trying get a response of out him.
post #56 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarchgrrl View Post
I want a giant slip and slide!!!! That looked so fun. It would have been so great to see Michelle go down it if she wasn't pregnant again. I gotta say though, that I kept thinking about that "industrial strength" dish soap they were using. Ugh. Not good for the grass, ground, or environment. Too bad they didn't use a biodegradable soap.

I thought the reaction of...the older boy (forgot his name- all the J names sound the same to me. I can't keep them straight)...was kinda funny. I guess he's just shy on camera, but he didn't seem too excited. Even JimBob looked a bit uncomfortable trying get a response of out him.
the older brothers response was classic.... i looked like he didnt know if he was gonna throw up or cry or be excited!!!!
post #57 of 289
I felt so bad for Jana, since she was taking care of Johannah right before the barfs started. She just had the look of *this is going to suck sooooooooo hard*. And then she just looked so defeated when she said that the little ones were probably going to be hit twice. I would not want to have the laundry zone in that house. I like how the camera man was trying to engage Johannah right before she lost it too. That was a super quick cut.

I loved the kids testing out their new sidewalk and basketball courts. Soo cute.
post #58 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiandmoi View Post
...however this turns out. Or something very close.
Thanks I was getting the impression they were genuinely surprised by this pregnancy, and her closing statements were very different than her other thoughts on previous pregnancies.
post #59 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by luv-my-boys View Post
in a interview she did she cited her age and other issues that led her to believe that jordyn would be her last. She didnt go into details of what the "issues" were but she is 42 I can see how she might think that.
What interview was this? I would love to see this/read this! Thanx!
post #60 of 289
Quote:
Originally Posted by springmum View Post
Thanks I was getting the impression they were genuinely surprised by this pregnancy, and her closing statements were very different than her other thoughts on previous pregnancies.
Also she said that one of the ways she can tell she is pregnant is that the current nursling will get fussy at the breast because of her milk changing. So I think this shows that she doesn't wean to get pregnant, she weans because she is pregnant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Fall Duggars: 19 and counting!