i was just thinking about this! got a call last night from my very good friends back home - they are 7 wks pregnant! i am soooo happy for them! i don't have much $$ but here's what i think i'll send this weekend:
- a couple pregnancy books i still have lying around.
- "Breeder" ed. by Ariel Gore & Bee Lavender (if you haven't read it yet, why not? so good! it was a pregnancy gift to me, so i'll just pass it on.)
- a package of dried papayas (very good for all kinds of tummy troubles - i didn't get morning sickness either, but i did get serious constipation and other minor stomachaches)
- a few nutritious, portable snacks - dried fruit, nuts, energy bars, etc
- vitamin e oil for the belly
- a heating pad, if i find time to make one - very simple, this is about as far as my sewing skills go - you just fill a thick sock with rice or lentils and lavender, and sew up the end - i made one for myself and it was great for my lower back and killer pelvic pain.
- journal is a great idea! i think i'll throw that in too.