or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Country Living / Off the Grid › My hens ate poisoned wasps. Advice needed.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

My hens ate poisoned wasps. Advice needed.

post #1 of 2
Thread Starter 
I had to destroy a wasp nest that was stinging my family and I used a yucky poison spray. My hens got loose and I saw a few pecking at the dead wasps. I put them up as soon as I noticed and I haven't seen any fainting chickens or anything but how long should I throw out the eggs? I certainly don't want even the slightest taint of that nasty poison in case the hens ate more wasps than I think. I threw out tonights eggs and will tomorrow for sure. What do you think? A weeks worth? And also taking suggestions on a better way to rid our yard of future wasp nests :. Thanks!
post #2 of 2

Did they survive okay? I think  I had the same thing happen except the hive fell and they ate it.  One chicken in particular must of eaten the largest portion of it, she has been with lack of appetite and she has only been resting for three days.  I have had other sick chickens in the past.  They looked more miserable than she does.  They didn't make it.  Her face looks pleasant, but she is not active.  I am worried for her lack of nutrition if she is not eating.  She ate a tiny bit yesterday.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Country Living / Off the Grid
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Country Living / Off the Grid › My hens ate poisoned wasps. Advice needed.