Why are you slapping the baby in the face?????? Why are you kicking me and throwing things at me??? Who is this psycho child???? Where is the child I worked so hard to raise in a gentle and loving way????? GET IN YOUR ROOM AND STAY THERE UNTIL YOU BEHAVE PROPERLY!!!!!! Oh lord....I'm my mother.
- topicGentle Disciplinetagged by mamazee, 6/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- "Gentle discipline breeds wild kids." Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:50pm in Gentle Discipline
- Help with Tantrums and Crying Fits in 6 Year Old? Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:14am in Gentle Discipline
- Help, four year old hitting me and throwing things at me when angry Last post on 10/10/13 at 9:12am in Gentle Discipline
- Do you agree with taking away video games and computer for not turning in homework assignments... Last post on 11/4/13 at 3:57pm in Preteens and Teens
- My Emotional 5 YO DD Has Me at a Loss Last post on 9/24/13 at 9:18am in Parenting
Time Out from Time Out
Last edited: 11/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Teaching Kids to Love and Trust ThemselvesLast edited: 7/23/13
- Agreeing to Disagree: Gentle Parenting Despite Criticism from Loved...Last edited: 7/16/13
- Pizza and Big EmotionsLast edited: 7/8/13
Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 51post #1002 of 105911/3/12 at 1:25pmpost #1003 of 105911/16/12 at 5:55ampost #1004 of 105911/19/12 at 7:25pmpost #1005 of 105911/19/12 at 7:37pmpost #1006 of 105911/20/12 at 4:55pm
So, what, you don't have anything to be "sad forever" about in this particular five minute period, so you're going to dredge up the "I want juice!" episode again?????!?! I told you! We don't have juice! And after four days of tantrums-every-five-minutes I almost wouldn't mind if you ran away to your little pink house to be sad forever!
post #1007 of 105911/20/12 at 6:34pmpost #1008 of 105911/22/12 at 10:14amStay asleep and let mommy put you down in your crib. Have a nice 3 hour nap on your own without touching me the whole damn time!!! I need to be a separate human being for a few minutes at least!! Yes, that includes pooping in private, not reading Munsch books to you while you sit on the potty to keep me company. Seriously, I can do this myself! I'm a big girl!! Go watch your freakin' Elmo that you whined and begged for until you noticed that I had to go to the bathroom! I slept from maybe 12 to 4:30 because you would freak out every time I moved a muscle. This $H1T won't fly once your baby brother or sister is born!
I'm sorely tempted to just drop you off at gramma and grampa's; whining be damned and do something luxurious like TAKE A DUMP BY MYSELF!!!!
Okay.. I feel a little more sane even if you're still hanging off my boobs and don't get much past dozing.post #1009 of 105911/23/12 at 4:34pmYou keep me up all night and then you demand everything from me all day long. Put me down, no pick me up. You want whatever it is I'm trying to clean with and you will scream if you don't get it right now! I try to sweep - no YOU WANT THE BROOM. So I try to wash the table instead, NOW YOU WANT THE SPONGE, uggghh it never ends all day long!! And is it really gonna kill you if u don't get to be into EVERYTHING your older brother is doing? Really?? You have to pick up his small Legos and eat them when you have your OWN LEGOS?? You scream like someone is killing you because you cant have them and the neighbors think I'm nuts. I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! AT LEAST LET ME GET SOME FREAKING SLEEP SO I CAN DEAL WITH YOU!!!!post #1010 of 105911/29/12 at 2:13pmpost #1011 of 105912/3/12 at 7:46ampost #1012 of 105912/5/12 at 11:14am
why dont' you listen to me? why do you ask me why everytime i tell you something when i've just explained the why? why do you say what and look at me with that stupid blank look and half smile becuase you know you're pushing my buttons? Why can't you just shut up and behave? I used to LIke being with you - what happened? why do you do the opposite of everything I say? And while we're at it, what's up with all the "i don't want to" and "I'm too tired" whining all the time? why dont' you just go the F@#$ to bed and stay there? I can't stand you.
post #1013 of 105912/7/12 at 8:54am
Stop saying "I know" after everything I say to you - you obviously don't know or I wouldn't be having to tell/remind you!!!!!!!!!!! You think you're so f&cking smart but really you're just a kid so just listen to me for once - has it ever crossed your mind that maybe I'm smarter than you?!?!?!
And STOP BEING MEAN to my animals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm really starting to think you have a problem - you're f&cking seven years old and I hope they bite you.post #1014 of 105912/26/12 at 3:37pmpost #1015 of 105912/26/12 at 5:37pmpost #1016 of 105912/26/12 at 5:38pm
I'm sorry Santa brought the neighbour's kid Baby Butterscotch and he only brought you a Wii. Next year you're going to volunteer at a soup kitchen and then maybe you'll appreciate all the priviliges and luxuries you have. OMG I feel like such a failure for not teaching you gratitude and humility.
post #1017 of 10591/16/13 at 8:32am
So, instead of yelling, now I pick her up and very softly and sweetly sing to her: "Shut up. Please shut up. Just shut the eff uuuuuup. Leave your pretty in. Stop chewing shoes. You are not having juuuuuuuice. Shut up, just shut up, stop yelling at Mama, I'm gooooing to run away, goddamnit I can't takeitanymore. Mama loves you, but you're being awful, stop yelling stop yelling, I don't need to hold you, leave your pretty in, goddamnit! Shut up shutupshutup. How maaaaaaaaany tantrumns can you throw? Holy crap, now whaaaaaaaat? Shut up, shutupshutup, ohmahgawd please shutup." and so on.
Seriously. Out into the cul-de-sac screaming. She is verbal now, so it's either whining or a plaintive "Up, please!" - there is no more denying it. I have a clingy toddler.
post #1018 of 10591/16/13 at 11:31pmpost #1019 of 10591/29/13 at 4:17pm
YOUR FATHER CAN LAY YOU DOWN FOR SLEEP!!! YOU DO NOT NEED BOO-BOO AT NAPTIME! DON'T TELL MOMMY NO, DON'T HIT, LET'S GO, SLEEP ALL NIGHT W/O ME, THE POTTY CHAIR IS A GOOD THING!
NOOOOO YOU CAN'T HAVE WINE!!!
HUSBAND PLEASE LEARN HOW TO NIGHTIME PARENT AND I CAN'T TEACH YOU, READ A BLOG FOR PETES SAKE!
WOW, uncap lock, this is an AWESOME thread! I laughed before getting here. Thanks!post #1020 of 10591/29/13 at 5:48pm
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › How Likely is it to go into Labor Before a 39 Week Scheduled... 10 minutes ago
- › Under what circumstances, if any, would you transfer to a hospital? 17 minutes ago
- › November chat?? 17 minutes ago
- › Husband terrified of home birth 20 minutes ago
- › I pulled a muscle in my back. Advice! 41 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 42 minutes ago
- › So what is the real scoop on caffeine? 44 minutes ago
- › Enter the BabyKicks and The Mindful Home Giveaway! 47 minutes ago
- › cervical pain 51 minutes ago
- › Why are we so worried about vax vs non-vax? 58 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh