- topicGentle Disciplinetagged by mamazee, 6/5/13
Related Forum Threads
- "Gentle discipline breeds wild kids." Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:50pm in Gentle Discipline
- Help with Tantrums and Crying Fits in 6 Year Old? Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:14am in Gentle Discipline
- Help, four year old hitting me and throwing things at me when angry Last post on 10/10/13 at 9:12am in Gentle Discipline
- Do you agree with taking away video games and computer for not turning in homework assignments... Last post on 11/4/13 at 3:57pm in Preteens and Teens
- My Emotional 5 YO DD Has Me at a Loss Last post on 9/24/13 at 9:18am in Parenting
Time Out from Time Out
Last edited: 11/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Teaching Kids to Love and Trust ThemselvesLast edited: 7/23/13
- Agreeing to Disagree: Gentle Parenting Despite Criticism from Loved...Last edited: 7/16/13
- Pizza and Big EmotionsLast edited: 7/8/13
Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 53post #1041 of 10595/29/13 at 5:32pmpost #1042 of 10595/29/13 at 7:26pmpost #1043 of 10596/5/13 at 5:35pmpost #1044 of 10596/24/13 at 11:24am
what the hell is wrong with you? i tell you to let go of your sister so you grab her and stab her in the arm with a stick. i'm offering to take the both of you to the pool for crying out loud. and you run off. can you listen to anything at all that I say today with out me having to yell it? i should just save my breath - you don't do it anyway. what happened to my sweet child and when can I get him back??
post #1045 of 10596/24/13 at 11:34ampost #1046 of 10597/27/13 at 1:22pmpost #1047 of 10598/4/13 at 3:25pm
ds: Quit breaking everything!!!!! I know you're just trying to figure out how everything works, but COME ON!!! I can only afford to replace so much stuff!!!
dd: Be a little bit tolerant of your brother.... seriously!!!! You're not going to burst into flames because he accidentally touched you!!!post #1048 of 10598/4/13 at 5:13pmpost #1049 of 10598/5/13 at 11:13pmpost #1050 of 10598/12/13 at 7:05ampost #1051 of 10598/13/13 at 3:41pm
Revisiting to yell again:
Please don't use me as playground equipment!!! Every time I bend over to run your bath, pick something up (i.e. 100's of times a day), you jump on my head and back like a crazed monkey. You will hurt yourself!! You will hurt me!! In addition, if you ask to be 'swung' into the air by your hands - DO NOT swing in the air and then quickly raise and plant your feet in my face or stomach or boobs with the force of a ten-tonne truck!!
Repeat after me: Mummy is not playground equipment. Mummy is not playground equipment.
ARGH.post #1052 of 10598/20/13 at 10:25pm
This thread is brilliant, sad, hilarious, and too late. I already yelled tonight.
GO THE F&*(&^K TO SLEEP! STOP UNPLUGGING THINGS AND THEN PLUGGING THEM BACK IN! STOP PULLING MY HAIR!!!!! GO TO SLEEP AND SLEEP THE WHOLE NIGHT FOR THE FIRST TIME IN THREE #*%!(& YEARS! PLEASE. JUST PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE.post #1053 of 10598/21/13 at 7:54ampost #1054 of 10598/26/13 at 7:24am
It is not necessary to turn on even one of the bathroom lights, let alone both, when it is full daylight, as the skylight makes it one of the brightest rooms in the house. If you did turn on the lights, TURN THEM OFF WHEN YOU LEAVE THE BATHROOM!!!! And when I refrain from yelling like this but use my pleasant, neutral voice to say, "Please turn off the bathroom lights," DON'T CLAIM YOU DIDN'T DO IT!! YOU'RE THE ONLY PERSON IN THIS HOUSE WHO TURNS ON LIGHTS FOR NO REASON!!
Stop asking me to measure you every couple of days. Remember how the last time we measured you, it seemed you were actually a bit shorter? Just wait a month at least, please, and STOP TWIRLING THE YARDSTICK THREE INCHES FROM THE STOVE!!!
I agree, that's an awful song. Yes, the singer's harsh, warbling voice is indeed dreadful. Absolutely, the lyrics are inane. Daddy agrees too. We all hate that song in our family. SO STOP SINGING THAT SONG OVER AND OVER AGAIN AND GROTESQUELY EXAGGERATING ALL ITS WORST FEATURES!!!post #1055 of 10598/26/13 at 11:31ampost #1056 of 10598/27/13 at 12:10amOh my god! Stop coming in here every ten minutes and turning on the light and asking me if I have gotten the baby asleep yet!!!! Of course he's not effing asleep!!!! You keep coming in here every few minutes and waking him up!!! I keep having to start all over again from the beginning!!! Do you think I like just sitting here staring into the darkness so much that ill never come out again? Why do you make me want to scream?! Just sit down with a book and shut up until I come in there for chrissakes!!! Aaarrrrrrggghhhhh!!!!!!!!post #1057 of 10598/28/13 at 8:54amWhen it's still dark out...and the house is still quiet...do not walk into your sisters' rooms, blow them kisses, and then slam their doors. It was 5:30am, and I'm pregnant...NO ONE BUT YOU WANTS TO BE UP AT THIS HOUR! It's one thing to get you breakfast, and then lounge on the couch...it's another thing to get you and both your sisters breakfast that I have to monitor closely so your youngest sister doesn't choke...so puhleeeeeese, come wake me first (or stay in your bed and read!), and leave your very irritable sisters ASLEEP!post #1058 of 10599/12/13 at 12:24am
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › Low supply - What helped you? 34 seconds ago
- › 3 year old anxiety about pooping on the potty 42 seconds ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 2 minutes ago
- › What is your favorite Christmas movie? 4 minutes ago
- › baby and public places/strangers/personal space 4 minutes ago
- › Natural Hair Conditioner for Toddler? 4 minutes ago
- › How is it December already? (Chat Thread) 5 minutes ago
- › Do your toddlers stop sleeping well in winter? 8 minutes ago
- › "Create Your Own Holiday Cards" Giveaway 17 minutes ago
- › A boy? A girl? We know! 17 minutes ago
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo