yep! I have a friend who never lets her children in the bathroom with her. At first I thought that was a little weird and I wondered how in the world she managed to do that, but now I wish I had done it that way. Oh well...hopefully by high school they won't want to be with me when i *go*. LOL
- topicGentle Disciplinetagged by mamazee, 6/6/13
Related Forum Threads
- "Gentle discipline breeds wild kids." Last post on 11/22/13 at 1:50pm in Gentle Discipline
- Help with Tantrums and Crying Fits in 6 Year Old? Last post on 10/21/13 at 12:14am in Gentle Discipline
- Help, four year old hitting me and throwing things at me when angry Last post on 10/10/13 at 9:12am in Gentle Discipline
- Do you agree with taking away video games and computer for not turning in homework assignments... Last post on 11/4/13 at 3:57pm in Preteens and Teens
- My Emotional 5 YO DD Has Me at a Loss Last post on 9/24/13 at 9:18am in Parenting
Time Out from Time Out
Last edited: 11/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Teaching Kids to Love and Trust ThemselvesLast edited: 7/23/13
- Agreeing to Disagree: Gentle Parenting Despite Criticism from Loved...Last edited: 7/16/13
- Pizza and Big EmotionsLast edited: 7/8/13
Feel like yelling at your child? Yell at this thread instead! - Page 45post #881 of 10591/22/12 at 11:25ampost #882 of 10591/23/12 at 4:18ampost #883 of 10591/25/12 at 5:48ampost #884 of 10591/25/12 at 10:01ampost #885 of 10591/31/12 at 9:54am
STOP CRYING ALREADY! EVERYTHING IS MAKING YOU CRY TODAY - WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO? I HAVE MUSIC ON TO KEEP ME SANE. STOP CRYING FOR ME TO TURN IT OFF! STOP ASKING ME WHERE THINGS ARE AND PRETENDING YOU DON'T SEE THEM WHEN I SHOW YOU. AND STOP SAYING NO WHEN I OFFER TO DO SOMETHING THEN SCREAMING THAT THAT'S WHAT YOU WANTED 30 SECONDS LATER. AND WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, STOP TAKING ALL YOUR LITTLE SISTER'S TOYS. ARGH ARGH ARGH! IT'S ONLY TUESDAY FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.post #886 of 10592/1/12 at 12:09am
STOP MOANING! I get it that you're sick. I understand that your head hurts. But it would hurt a heck of a lot less if you would quit screaming for me because I had the audacity to leave the room to cook dinner. I spent 3 bleeping hours lying next to you on the bed. I NEEDED to cook dinner so the other three members of our family would not go hungry. You really can stand being in bed, with an audiobook for 10 minutes while I throw together a curry and start some rice! You do NOT need to share the state of your misery with me every 30 seconds.post #887 of 10592/8/12 at 11:22am
Please, for the love of all that is holy, start bloody listening to me! I really truly only have the best intentions for you! Stop doing the exact opposite of what I say all the time!
DS---You are FINE. You ate, you pooped, you have toys, you napped, you are right as rain. Please, stop crying and tugging on my sleeve and acting like I am physically mauling you every time I put you on the floor or focus on someone who isn't you. I promise, the world will not end.
Other DS--NAP. Seriously, just nap. No more screaming from your crib (the playful kind), no more yelling, no more throwing toys about, NAP. You are a beast.
That is all.post #888 of 10592/10/12 at 9:37am
Ok, so I've offered you dozens of things to do today. Tons of things that you like to do. But today all you do is whine "I don't want to" or just "No." What is up? What do you want to do? " Well, I just.... um .... I'd like to stay inside....and, well, I was looking at this pen ....." I need to stop asking. <sigh>post #889 of 10592/20/12 at 9:05pm
FFF CAN'T YOU SEE THAT MAMA IS SICK?!?!?! MAMA IS PREGNANT AND HAS HYPEREMESIS GRAVIDARUM. YOU NEED TO SLEEP. JUST GO THE F&*#^ TO SLEEP! IT'S 4 AM, THAT IS NOT MORNING TIME! MAMA HAS TO BE AT SCHOOL TODAY!!! SHE CAN'T HANDLE THIS CRAP!!! GO TO SLEEP! WHY WON'T YOU SLEEP! UGGGGGGGGH I WISH MAMA WASN'T A SINGLE MAMA!!!!
Whew! That feels better. It actually helps me see that it's not DS's fault since he's just a toddler, has no control over my pregnancy, my PG, my being single, and really, waking up at 4ampost #890 of 10592/21/12 at 8:54pm
Go. A. Way. Seriously! Both of you need to just go away! I am sick of the crying and the attitude and the tantrums! I have tried to be understanding but I have had enough! OMG, why is it not just bedtime already?! And please, for the love of all that is holy, STOP saying "Mamaaaaaaaaaaa! Mamaaaaaaaaaaa!" every two seconds! If you want to talk to me, come and talk to me and stop yelling at me from across the house or outside!!!!!!!!!!
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!post #891 of 10592/22/12 at 4:56ampost #892 of 10592/22/12 at 5:54ampost #893 of 10592/22/12 at 9:01pmQuote:Originally Posted by BetterParenting
This blog is absolutely perfect for us. As a mother of a 2 and 3 year old things you say go in one ear and out the other. I found a book that has actually helped me to stop yelling at my kids but use different techniques instead. Check it out, hope it helps everyone on their journey.
BAH HUMBUG! This isn't the right place for this.
post #894 of 10592/22/12 at 11:56pm
Please stop kneading the bejeezus out of my boob like it's an almost empty Capri Sun juice packet.
Stop offering me a toy in exchange for the butter knife. We are not playing "Let's Make A Deal". You do not need to scream like you are being eaten by wild animals because I will not give you said butter knife.
Stop trying to use my phone. Stop dialing people who live in foreign countries. Stop calling the mother-in-law. Or people I don't want to talk to. How do you manage, at nineteen months old, to figure out the WORST people to call? Are you really trying to call CPS? Go ahead, be my guest!
Please do not rip my t-shirt off of me while we are on the bus. No time is a good time to stretch out all the necklines on my t-shirts, but when we are on the bus would be the WORST time.
It's a good thing you're cute.post #895 of 10592/23/12 at 6:06ampost #896 of 10592/23/12 at 9:03am
Oh, are you sleepy? Are you ready for your morning nap early? REALLY?!?!?!?!? HOW SHOCKING! You kept waking me up all night, no less than 12 times did you pull my face, my breasts, my hair. My stomach is NOT for kicking and bouncing! I know it's squishy - you Keith Moon'ed it up in there, little girl. EVEN THE NURSES FELT BAD FOR ME WHEN YOU FIIIIINALLY CAME OUT! Seriously. What did you want? You got your nunnie, all 12 times. You bit me. You pinched me. You screamed at me. WWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHY? And now you're peacefully asleep, sucking your little thumb under your favorite quilt, and I've got the bathrooms to clean, the kitchen to clean, the tile floors to mop, the plants to tend, a whole lotta cooking to do... oh, why is Mama so behind? Why indeed! BECAUSE YOU HAVEN'T LET ME OUT OF YOUR SIGHT FOR TWO DAYS!!!!! Because Papa just won't do. Because Mama can't do everything with your 17 pound butt strapped to her chest.
It's a good thing you're cute, little miss. This is just about enough of this foolishness!post #897 of 10592/23/12 at 10:35amQuote:
I swear my ds did this at that age. Only it was a steak knife he wanted. Wanted being the key word. He also gets mad whenever we're eating and everyone else has a knife but him...umm...yeah.post #898 of 10592/23/12 at 2:21pmpost #899 of 10592/23/12 at 4:04pmQuote:
This is so familiar! I've bought so many boxes of colored pencils. It's not that I don't expect them to get lost occasionally but it's just MADDENING how quickly they disappear, and no one has a clue where they could be.
Maybe I was odd (well, I know I was odd) but I managed to use the same box the whole year when I was a kid.post #900 of 10592/23/12 at 4:13pm
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for Families
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 4 minutes ago
- › Shoes for a REALLY Early Walker? 6 minutes ago
- › Looking for Chicken Pox in Kirkland 7 minutes ago
- › Brining a turkey in kombucha how long should I let it ferment? 9 minutes ago
- › Chicken Pox - My son has been excused from school 10 minutes ago
- › 3 year old aggression issues/needing advice...LONG 10 minutes ago
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 13 minutes ago
- › Galactocele or blocked duct for 2 months!? 13 minutes ago
- › 35+ Mamas 13 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 16 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo