NOT this one...
for a wide variety of reasons, some already listed by pp.
- the ring soaks up urine and is difficult (if not impossible) to clean.
- if it isn't sitting far enough from the wall, the back (lid) cuts into the child's back.
- urine escapes between the cushion and the bowl (I have a little boy - I am sure this one is gender specific).
- when emptying the bowl, the urine and/or water doesn't funnel out of the bowl at a singular point. It goes everywhere, making it difficult to dump without spilling on the toilet, and it gets water/urine in the area where the cushion sits, thus giving it a prime opportunity to soak it all up unless wiped dry first (I'm lazy -- this drove me nuts).
- my son is fairly petite. However, when he sat down, I routine had to tell him "push your penis down", because it would sit on top of the shield if he didn't. He got to the point where he would sit further back on the cushion to avoid doing this, yet when he pooped it made a HUGE mess, since his bottom wasn't in the hole.
I am sure there is more, but I threw it away last month and have attempted to forget about it...These are the things I do remember!
ETA: I have been thinking about getting this one
. I thought I was going to be able to do without one at all as Micah as pretty good about using the big potty, but these are good for when he is in a hurry...