Originally Posted by mataji4
I'm having a hard time. My husband and I are trying to decide if we want to concieve now or not. We are talking, discussing this more than when this question has come up in the past. It's wierd b/c I'm not talking with my girlfriends like I usually do about everything.
It's hard, because there's definately pros and cons for both options. And I actually stopped talking to people other than my husband after my third too, because that's when they stopped being happy about more kids. They have no idea we're expecting #6 this spring, but as soon as they do, I'll get the 'how will you pay for college and pay for *insert outlandish expense I'd never consider anyhow*?
We were actually planning to wait until I was 34 for #6 (I'm 32 now with a end-of-year birthday), but the two-year-apart spacing works soooo well for us, that we just let things go that way. I think I can honestly say now that I wouldn't want one closer (nor multiples -sooo happy that doesn't run in the family!), but I could probably go to a three year gap.
The only bad thing is that going from 5 to 6 will require a different vehicle with more seating. That might be the tough part! We're planning a summer trip as well, to somewhere along Lake Michigan- probably Michigan side- and I think that'll work well with a spring baby.
On the other hand though, waiting a bit can be nice too if you decide to choose that. You can enjoy your vacation without having a younger infant along, and then work on conceiving.
I wanted 7 children, so I think if we do go for #7 off in the future, we'll try to to conceive early in the year so I'm not the only one with a fall/winter birthday. All of them have been born late spring-Summer since we plan around a teacher's schedule!