I so needed this thread!
1. I'm grateful we are homeschooling because instead of being labeled, disheartened, and bored, my 6yr old DD is joyfully learning to read, very slowly, all on her own, voraciously, stubbornly, and at her own pace.
2. I love that my daughters will grow up knowing they can accomplish goals that are important to them, and that they don't need someone else to dictate what that should be. That whole intrinsic motivation thing.
3. They won't have had the curiousity stomped out of them at school.
4. My kids are free to be their own completely unique selves and not worry about fitting in.
5. My girls are best friends and our family has a great bond.
6. We want to take a road trip/camping trip across the country and we can do it anytime we want.