For those concerned about variety, something I have done in the past is to come up with a rough 'plan' for the month, e.g. ground beef 1x/week, pasta 1x/week, Tex-Mex
2x/month, etc. I don't always use it, but if I'm at a loss, it gives me a place to start.
We expect to be moving in a month, so we're officially into eating down the pantry mode! (Just a kilometer away, but still...moving too much food is a pain
Breakfast has turned into brunch or lunch here lately, with holiday schedules, but when DSS is back in school, it will be some combo of eggs, whole grain breads (inc. pancake/waffle), WG muffins, nut butters, WG hot cereal, yogurt, cottage cheese, green smoothies...our 11mo's fave breakfast right now is garlicky tzatziki by the bowlful!
DH lunch is usually sandwich or leftovers (Aaaa! He's back to work in two weeks!); DS (11mo) and I will graze on raw veg, veg salads, quesadilla, leftovers, fruit...sometimes we split a big sweet potato or a small squash. (That kid can EAT when he's of a mind!
Some of our meals, in no particular order, for the next week or two:
1. Curry turkey/peas/rice *done*
2. Turkey/chicken enchilada *tomorrow, 12 Jan*
3.Spaghetti/green salad *done*
4. Salmon patties?
5. Peirogi skillet/ carrots *this weekend*
6. a tex-mex type soup? (tortilla?) (we have tinned beans to use up...but no tomatoes!)
7. Ground beef hash or shepherd's pie/green beans *done*
8. Beans n' rice/green salad *done*
9. Pumpkin or carrot or squash soup (or...winter veg pureed soup)/hm bread/green salad
10. Potato soup/salad
11. Kathi kebab (sort of an Indian burrito) *done - with lots for the freezer!*
12. Pad thai? (this may come later in the month...)
Any ideas for tinned salmon? I'll probably make salmon bake one more time (like tuna n' noodles, but w/ salmon - DH and DSS won't eat tuna). DH loves salmon salad and will happily eat salmon sandwiches several times a week for lunch. Any other thoughts?
ETA: tonight (11Jan) was split pea soup and homemade bread! Yum!