or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › November Pagan Family Circle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

November Pagan Family Circle - Page 6

post #101 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
You should have heard the remarks I got. What UAV's people are.
Didn't get one because, even on sale, it was just too expensive.
Wish I had a sewing machine, I'd make one. (he doesn't want a blanket or anything else out of the fabric)
Size, color and style? Lined or unlined?
post #102 of 641
What sort of radiators? The cast iron water/steam version? We had them in our last home and I loved them! They don't suck the humidity out of the air and are a lot "cleaner" than forced air, the heat is nice since it really does "radiate" so you have a more uniform heat, and they're awesome for drying fruit/mittens/random damp stuff. If they're noisy you can "bleed" the air out of the system... just make sure you get everything closed before running the heat again! (we forgot one room and had a mini shower as a result. not good.)

I like our pellet stove, but I sort of wish we had cast iron radiators... in part because some are so pretty and they add a neat look. And if you put a bench over one of the low styles it's warm and toasty on the bum.
post #103 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Size, color and style? Lined or unlined?
For a 7 yr old. A women's small would be fine. Any color (girly is fine). Any style. Just has to be super soft satin. (He uses it to caress his face.)
Unlined.
post #104 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
What sort of radiators? The cast iron water/steam version?
Yes, tallish heavy metal ones. The ones in the apt I saw online have rounded tops (so you can't put a bowl of water on it or anything.)
post #105 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
For a 7 yr old. A women's small would be fine. Any color (girly is fine). Any style. Just has to be super soft satin. (He uses it to caress his face.)
Unlined.
awe that is so sweet.
post #106 of 641
Quote:
I've asked this elsewhere but am not getting any replies...
Does anyone live in a place with old fashioned radiators? I found an inexpensive apartment but it has really old radiators. From what I remember, they don't heat rooms well and oil is very expensive.
Any opinions (from your experience)??
We have these and boy do the heat up hot they stay hot for hours and hours!!!! We have to be very careful of turning up the heat otherwise we roast. So we normally turn it up for a while then we can turn the heat off for the rest of the day. I think it actually helps us save money.
post #107 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
For a 7 yr old. A women's small would be fine. Any color (girly is fine). Any style. Just has to be super soft satin. (He uses it to caress his face.)
Unlined.
Oh... Hmm... I have a black one that is too small for me! It's not a long one though.. I shall try it on my 7yo and see how it fits him, cause I'm not tiny thing, then see if I still have the tie to it hehehe. It couldn't cost THAT much to mail in a padded envelope really!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I've asked this elsewhere but am not getting any replies...
Does anyone live in a place with old fashioned radiators? I found an inexpensive apartment but it has really old radiators. From what I remember, they don't heat rooms well and oil is very expensive.
Any opinions (from your experience)??
No help here hun... last time I had those was 20yrs ago in military housing and they were forced hot water, not oil. Oil IS $$ and getting worse and will probably continue to do so as supply gets more scarce

the moon was just on the waning edge of full last night, and I sat on the veranda and had a cuppa all alone. It was nice to sit & soak up the energy of the moon, and after seeevveral days of really crappy sleep, I slept wonderfully It was also very nice because it was 99F here yesterday, so the cool evening breeze was wonderful.
post #108 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Oh... Hmm... I have a black one that is too small for me! It's not a long one though.. I shall try it on my 7yo and see how it fits him, cause I'm not tiny thing, then see if I still have the tie to it hehehe. It couldn't cost THAT much to mail in a padded envelope really!
Aww, I appreciate it but we can't accept used clothing due to severe allergies/asthma. Thank you SO much for the thought, though. Seriously, that is awfully sweet of you. So sweet that I just want to pinch your cheeks and talk to you in a funny voice while telling you how wonderful you are.

Yep, I'm overtired. Is it showing?
post #109 of 641
I'm completely wiped out by the meds but it's better than the pain.

I just hope my Master Tonic won't mind sitting there unfiltered for longer than the 2 weeks... I just can't go and hunt for a decent bottle to put it in and DH keeps forgetting to buy the Groschl beer in a reusable bottle I've asked for.
post #110 of 641
Yule cards- did everyone who signed up get my pm?
Maia- The system told me it couldn't send you a pm. Don't know what is up with that- it said it was turned off?

OK, gotta get some stuff done. I will catch up more tomorrow.
post #111 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
I'm completely wiped out by the meds but it's better than the pain.

I just hope my Master Tonic won't mind sitting there unfiltered for longer than the 2 weeks... I just can't go and hunt for a decent bottle to put it in and DH keeps forgetting to buy the Groschl beer in a reusable bottle I've asked for.
I'm just using canning jars... and afaIk, you can leave it unfiltered indefinitely. It can only get stronger, right? I have been known to eat it as a condiment, unfiltered...

Sorry you are feeling so awful. Did you get those bandages that deprive the shingles rash of oxygen?

I think the "full moon crabbiness" for me has something to do with the moon in Taurus. I don't know enough about how astrology is supposed to work, and it's not that I don't get along with many Tauruses, but if I ever have a huge unreasonable irritation with anyone, it turns out that they have an early May birthday. I even avoided ttc in August so I wouldn't have a Taurus baby...and then had an oops with a May birthday, of course Who is well on my way to being my most challenging child, and I wouldn't trade him for anything, though he does push mama's buttons!

Oops. Supposed to be doing homework, clicking away from MDC now....
post #112 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Aww, I appreciate it but we can't accept used clothing due to severe allergies/asthma. Thank you SO much for the thought, though. Seriously, that is awfully sweet of you. So sweet that I just want to pinch your cheeks and talk to you in a funny voice while telling you how wonderful you are.

Yep, I'm overtired. Is it showing?
LOL too funny. It would have been perfect too dangit! I knew he had immune system issues but asthma didn't occur to me bummer on many levels, and my satin robe is the tiniest of them!
post #113 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Aww, I appreciate it but we can't accept used clothing due to severe allergies/asthma. Thank you SO much for the thought, though. Seriously, that is awfully sweet of you. So sweet that I just want to pinch your cheeks and talk to you in a funny voice while telling you how wonderful you are.

Yep, I'm overtired. Is it showing?
Ok so making one would be out unless there's a special way I can wash it before sending it. I'll keep my eyes open though, I know of a couple places that should be putting them on sale soon for next to nothing! Would a girl's large work as well?
post #114 of 641
Morning mamas, cold here this morning, in the 30's. Maybe we will get snow? Off to drop the kids off at school, be back to chat later!
post #115 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas, cold here this morning, in the 30's. Maybe we will get snow? Off to drop the kids off at school, be back to chat later!
redveg it is cold here too 26 out and we are supposed to be getting a few inches of snow by tomorrow morning.
post #116 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineJ View Post
Ok so making one would be out unless there's a special way I can wash it before sending it. I'll keep my eyes open though, I know of a couple places that should be putting them on sale soon for next to nothing! Would a girl's large work as well?
Probably. I haven't found any girl's satin robes though.
post #117 of 641
I had a silky robe with a fuzzy outside, it was oh so cozy. Of course that was in the early 80's.

DH is flying to see his Mom and help her move. He is a nervous wreck but I am honestly looking forward to spending time with just the girls, he can get in the way. (teasing) Seriously, he is all stressed about it and I am out of rescue remedy. Darn.

Well, off to homeschool day, may get snow. Gotta pack our boots and such-

Have a great day! Stay cozy everyone!
post #118 of 641
post #119 of 641
Morning 63 at 5 am here! Big southern storm coming today One of my favorite energies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Yule cards- did everyone who signed up get my pm?
Maia- The system told me it couldn't send you a pm. Don't know what is up with that- it said it was turned off?

OK, gotta get some stuff done. I will catch up more tomorrow.
I got mine Thanks so much for taking this on. I really appreciate it and am so excited.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
...

I think the "full moon crabbiness" for me has something to do with the moon in Taurus. I don't know enough about how astrology is supposed to work, and it's not that I don't get along with many Tauruses, but if I ever have a huge unreasonable irritation with anyone, it turns out that they have an early May birthday. I even avoided ttc in August so I wouldn't have a Taurus baby...and then had an oops with a May birthday, of course Who is well on my way to being my most challenging child, and I wouldn't trade him for anything, though he does push mama's buttons!

Oops. Supposed to be doing homework, clicking away from MDC now....
My Bday is May 1 So, if my posts annoy you, you'll know why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valérie.Qc View Post
How are you feeling? Poor thing. Healing vibes to you and your DC.

Dok- good luck on the silky robe hunt. What a sweet mama you are to try so hard to find this for your ds. Are his legs ok? Hopefully the stiffness didn't come back. Happy homeschooling.

Cari- your alone cuppa moon time sounds lovely. DP has taken the kiddos the last 2 evenings so I can recharge. It's helped a lot.

So, I tuned into to my energy & I was very productive yesterday. Cleaned Lvg Rm, Kit, Kids BR (took out everything except their bed and reorganized, My BR, and did all laundry and linens. Whew! But it feels great. DP came home, peeled off his clothes and left them in a pile in the middle of the floor. My mama look came out as I said, "seriously?" and he said..."oh..." OMG can I say-Clueless??? Good guy, but sheesh!


Gotta run. Hugs to all peace and healing to those in need.
post #120 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by femme_rouge View Post

So, I tuned into to my energy & I was very productive yesterday. Cleaned Lvg Rm, Kit, Kids BR (took out everything except their bed and reorganized, My BR, and did all laundry and linens. Whew! But it feels great. DP came home, peeled off his clothes and left them in a pile in the middle of the floor. My mama look came out as I said, "seriously?" and he said..."oh..." OMG can I say-Clueless??? Good guy, but sheesh!


Gotta run. Hugs to all peace and healing to those in need.
ROFLOL this one literally had me laughing at my desk - DH is a great guy too but I could totally see him doing this. Again.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › November Pagan Family Circle