or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › November Pagan Family Circle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

November Pagan Family Circle - Page 28

post #541 of 641
Maia- DON'T FORGET TO BRING MY PHONE NUMBER WITH YOU!
Maybe we can meet up.
post #542 of 641
Maia!

The scene I was thinking of was when she reveals in the dress and tells the prince "just breath". So you... amazing, powerful, heads-over-heels, goddess lady... just breath! (and then let us know everything the minute you get home!!)

video game- I did ask her because they had drawn pictures of Duchess Autumn a few weeks ago and the top picture looked similar. And Laia, very happy and without any violence whatever, told me "That's Princess Leia shooting fire out of her gun". The next was "That Chewbacca shooting his gun" and so on. I don't think she has any concept of what gun/shoot/etc means and I don't think she's in any way traumatized. I was just shocked at how quickly the images were imprinted and how those were the things she drew (instead of other aspects of the game).

But I think she's "trying on" a lot of different things recently... she was pretending to smoke last week! We don't know anyone irl who smokes and we had a good conversation about what smoking is, what it does, etc.

Went to salvo to find a few feltable sweaters (for making solstice stockings, a solstice calendar, felted gifts) and got a few really yummy cotton sweaters for me... all nursing friendly and spiffy brands! yay!

Aaaaaaannnnnd... I found the camera! It was in the bottom of a bag of dress up clothes.
post #543 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Cari- goodness gracious, are the kids trying to cause us white hairs? *hugs* how is Lucas today? Hope the posh coffee helped to calm your nerves. I know mine we are off on Saturday, a full day after the incident.
Lucas is good thanks, and as naggy as he ever was I am, however, SICK! I have the worst headache & sore throat and he has done nothing but ask for all sorts of things all morning (from more food.. he eats constantly if not more... to can we do his math now *splat*) None of it unreasonable, just nothing I have the energy to deal with yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn Breeze View Post
Yeah pretty much. Fans won't spin you around the room or cut your hand off, and a washing machine won't catch you and spin you to your death either.
Fans WILL, however, spin a stuffed ET, whose jaw is hooked over the fan blade, and launch him quite well across the room I'm sure you can imagine how I know this hehe



Quote:
I am beside myself. Yesterday, I got really abjectly terrified. Today in the morning I was having doubt upon doubt. Now I'm utterly sure again. What is with me??? And then my mom goes and sends me all these warnings. Like not to reveal any financial information and make sure he gets tested for STDs, and condoms don't really protect against STDs or pregnancy (say what? since when?) and she wants all the information, like his address and phone and everybody's who is taking care of DS while I'm gone.
The implication being that I'm utterly irresponsible and can't handle it myself, or keep ds safe
I'm sure she didn't mean it that way, but man, it sure feels like it

Yes, though, about the burlap sack
lol My mom wasn't too impressed when I told her this aussie guy I had been speaking with almost a year was coming to San Francisco to meet me either She got over it.. mostly. I do wish though, that she'd lived long enough to know that financially we'd be ok. The only time she met dh he had just been unceremoniously (and illegally) fired from a job by a man who turned out to be a very shonky businessman So we were surviving on unemployment & govt assistance for a few months. Talk about bad timing!

On to happier topics.. our tree is up It's not a short tree, but we bolted it to the top of a very sturdy little table to get it UP where quinn can't destroy it. So the bottom branches are about his 3yo little chest height off the ground The boys are entranced by it and have a blanket on the floor in front of it so they can watch the lights
post #544 of 641
Tell me I'm crazy... we were at the mall today and walked past the SPCA outreach. They usually have a dozen cats and a few kittens there for adoption. We went in and there was this one cat who just called out to me. We never go into the outreach space and today we did and there she was! The SPCA here is a no-kill shelter so they don't euthanize healthy/adoptable animals. But as a result the shelter is waaaaaay beyond capacity. Something like 480 cats right now, to say nothing of the dogs. This cat has been there since April.

Anyway. I have three kiddos. One is still a baby. We have a dog (this cat was a stray but apparently gets along with dogs, we know our dog gets along with cats). The house is teeny tiny. DH likes cats about as much as I like dogs (did I mention we have a dog? ).

But she was sooooo sweet, and it seemed personal since she would come over and purr when I was near her cage but she'd go and sit in her basket when other people were there. Semi long hair, tortoise shell coloring, with amber speckles all over her ears and big green eyes.

ARGH!!!!! So come on, talk me down.
post #545 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Fans WILL, however, spin a stuffed ET, whose jaw is hooked over the fan blade, and launch him quite well across the room I'm sure you can imagine how I know this hehe


Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Tell me I'm crazy...

Anyway. I have three kiddos. One is still a baby. We have a dog (this cat was a stray but apparently gets along with dogs, we know our dog gets along with cats). The house is teeny tiny. DH likes cats about as much as I like dogs (did I mention we have a dog? ).

But she was sooooo sweet, and it seemed personal since she would come over and purr when I was near her cage but she'd go and sit in her basket when other people were there. Semi long hair, tortoise shell coloring, with amber speckles all over her ears and big green eyes.

ARGH!!!!! So come on, talk me down.
I'm sorry, I can't. She sounds too much like our sweet Boost who has been gone since I think May. Gone as in got out, not as in dead. We missed her slipping out the door, she had been a stray before as far as we knew. I just hope she's not dead now. Anyway!!! I'll have to show you a picture. She was the sweetest cat, with the cutest little meow! We called her boost because she made a sound when she purred that reminded me of a turbo on a turbo boosted engine. And because she would run around and slide all over the hardwoods and was hysterical!!

So I say, adopt her!
post #546 of 641
Clay - go for it! As the new owner of a giant oversized dog that I inherited that I am supposed to do daily vulva washes on - I want to spread the love of pet ownership around!!

Cari - Glad lucas is doing ok!

Maia - thinking about you! Have a wonderful time!
post #547 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Clay - go for it! As the new owner of a giant oversized dog that I inherited that I am supposed to do daily vulva washes on - I want to spread the love of pet ownership around!!
And for how LONG do you have to do these daily vulva washes????

Clay.. I say adopt I've had two torties in my life and they are just the most loveable kittys
post #548 of 641
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
lol My mom wasn't too impressed when I told her this aussie guy I had been speaking with almost a year was coming to San Francisco to meet me either She got over it.. mostly. I do wish though, that she'd lived long enough to know that financially we'd be ok. The only time she met dh he had just been unceremoniously (and illegally) fired from a job by a man who turned out to be a very shonky businessman So we were surviving on unemployment & govt assistance for a few months. Talk about bad timing!
Gawd, Cari, that is awful
If my mom ever finds out about...well, remember I said he had a history? that would be just about the awfulest. I would never be able to explain that, nor would I want to. I know the truth and that's what counts, but try explaining stuff like that to your mom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
ARGH!!!!! So come on, talk me down.
Nope. Sorry, Clay, but it doesn't sound like you want talked down

Mamas-- time to get off of here and go get some sleep :yawning I am getting up around 6am to get ready. Although my flight doesn't leave until 11:45, it's a two-hour drive to the airport, and I have to park in long term parking and get a shuttle, yadda yadda.

I am so uber-excited. I can't believe it's HERE

Love you all, mamas. Thank you for your support and love
post #549 of 641
Maia - what else can I say?

Going tomorrow to a special clinic to get some gyne work done! Time to get some answers!
post #550 of 641
Thinking of Maia on her journey.
post #551 of 641
Maia-

Cari- sorry you are feeling poorly! Feel better!

Singin- I hope you get answers. Sometimes knowing is good/bad, isn't it?

Let the preparations begin! Making turkey, rolls, cake and cranberry relish. I am tired already!
post #552 of 641
Because I'm going to be completely alone for Thanksgiving (ds is going with his father), I'm going to read Elfland at a cafe.
After that, I'll come home and tackle more cleaning while listening to christmas music.
What I'd really like to do is get a massage.
I'll probably do a little work on my website, too. It's just been updated and I think it looks MUCH better. But, I like playing with it.

Oops, Roo is calling from the bathroom.
post #553 of 641
it's been a whirlwind week, and so very little sleep - i leave in like 2 hours for sister-in-laws and i have nothing packed and the kids car seats are locked in DH's buddy's car (it's parked here for the moment)... UGH...
post #554 of 641
i have some baking to do today. i am making zucchini cranberry bread. hmmm love it. its out of the kitchen witch cookbook. i am taking it to dinner this week. i have 4 dinners to go to plus one i am doing here. so i am making 4 loaves. it would be easier if baby would let me put her down for more than 10 min. i have to figure out a back carry with her i guess.
its raining today, supposed to turn into snow, so maybe i will get lucky and DH will come home from work early and he can hold the baby. 2 more months and i betcha she will want to be moving, so i should enjoy it.

well i prob wont be on till mon. i seriously have a dinner every day. thur is my mom's, fri is his mom's, sat is his grandma's, and sun is my dad's. i have to find some time in ther to wash dipes. maybe fri morning.

all this family. better wear my beads. they wear me down.
post #555 of 641
One batch of bread rising, cranberry relish done, now, on to chocolate cake.
post #556 of 641
Morning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Maia!



video game- I did ask her because they had drawn pictures of Duchess Autumn a few weeks ago and the top picture looked similar. And Laia, very happy and without any violence whatever, told me "That's Princess Leia shooting fire out of her gun". The next was "That Chewbacca shooting his gun" and so on. I don't think she has any concept of what gun/shoot/etc means and I don't think she's in any way traumatized. I was just shocked at how quickly the images were imprinted and how those were the things she drew (instead of other aspects of the game).
Just a little reassurance-I'm sure you already know this...I get the impression that this was one of her first exposures to guns? So, since children process their world through play, drawing, etc it makes total since to me that she's trying to work out this new information. Just my 2 cents. The gun thing is really tricky for me. My 3 1/2 yo is really drawn to the power of guns and weapons (he started preschool 3 months ago). It's hard to relay our family values without overcharging the situation, yk? We are going with a lot of "What is it you're trying to do?" and redirection. Oy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gun View Post
Clay - go for it! As the new owner of a giant oversized dog that I inherited that I am supposed to do daily vulva washes on -
That totally caught me off guard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post

Mamas-- time to get off of here and go get some sleep :yawning I am getting up around 6am to get ready. Although my flight doesn't leave until 11:45, it's a two-hour drive to the airport, and I have to park in long term parking and get a shuttle, yadda yadda.

I am so uber-excited. I can't believe it's HERE

Love you all, mamas. Thank you for your support and love
Yay Maia! Have fun. Can't wait to read about it.

BTW I live in Humboldt Co. Ca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post

Let the preparations begin! Making turkey, rolls, cake and cranberry relish. I am tired already!
I second that...I need to get moving. 2 pumpkin pies, 1 apple, 1 turkey to brine, some chopping prep work and cranberries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Because I'm going to be completely alone for Thanksgiving (ds is going with his father), I'm going to read Elfland at a cafe.
.
Sounds lovely. I hope you have a good day of peace and quiet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 View Post
it's been a whirlwind week, and so very little sleep - i leave in like 2 hours for sister-in-laws and i have nothing packed and the kids car seats are locked in DH's buddy's car (it's parked here for the moment)... UGH...
Hope you got off ok. Sounds like me when I have a trip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post
i have some baking to do today. i am making zucchini cranberry bread. hmmm love it. its out of the kitchen witch cookbook. i am taking it to dinner this week. i have 4 dinners to go to plus one i am doing here. so i am making 4 loaves. it would be easier if baby would let me put her down for more than 10 min. i have to figure out a back carry with her i guess.
Wow 4 dinners! I hope there are many wonderful moments for you and minimal stress

Time to get my kitchen witch on!
post #557 of 641
The family is in the car waiting for me- so I've only got a sec to say:

Maia!!

Clay- Yay for a found camera and I'm not gonna talk you outta the kitty either

Have a fun turkey day everyone!
post #558 of 641


fat lot of help you are! We went back this morning and she is still there... the volunteer said she is a very picky cat and doesn't come out of her basket much, and right then she climbed out, walked over to Ro, and sat down next to her. I'm going back this afternoon and if she is still there i'll do the paperwork.
post #559 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Tell me I'm crazy... we were at the mall today and walked past the SPCA outreach. They usually have a dozen cats and a few kittens there for adoption. We went in and there was this one cat who just called out to me. We never go into the outreach space and today we did and there she was! The SPCA here is a no-kill shelter so they don't euthanize healthy/adoptable animals. But as a result the shelter is waaaaaay beyond capacity. Something like 480 cats right now, to say nothing of the dogs. This cat has been there since April.

Anyway. I have three kiddos. One is still a baby. We have a dog (this cat was a stray but apparently gets along with dogs, we know our dog gets along with cats). The house is teeny tiny. DH likes cats about as much as I like dogs (did I mention we have a dog? ).

But she was sooooo sweet, and it seemed personal since she would come over and purr when I was near her cage but she'd go and sit in her basket when other people were there. Semi long hair, tortoise shell coloring, with amber speckles all over her ears and big green eyes.

ARGH!!!!! So come on, talk me down.
I can't either. I have 5 cats. I say go for it. There was a reason you went in there, do it.
post #560 of 641
Wow mamas, I feel like I haven't been here in so long? I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › November Pagan Family Circle