or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › November Pagan Family Circle
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

November Pagan Family Circle - Page 30

post #581 of 641
Maia
post #582 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Maia
This....happy for you, glad you're having fun!
post #583 of 641
The pictures aren't great, but here we go... Kiki picture one, Kiki picture two. And one with Laia carrying the cat food bag and generating a lot of loving attention.

Maia- yay! :

Healing vibes for all the sick littles and tired mamas! Our sleeping set up has actually been working a bit better and although the girls were really excited by the whole 'cat on bed" thing we still managed to get a fair chunk of sleep last night.

We went to MIL's for turkey day and we watched the Macy's Parade. Well, the last hour of it. But that's about all the kiddos could manage anyway... I think they actually enjoyed the purina dog show that came on next a bit more.

Anyway, hope everyone had a fun holiday or spiffy thursday, whatever the case may be!
post #584 of 641
She's gorgeous Clay.. and wtg Laia for finding the best way ever to get new kitteh to pay attn to her hehehehe.

We are in the process of filling our little backyard pool, it's one of those Intex easy set jobbies and I'm thrilled to find out after researching that it does NOT meet the requirements for pool fencing laws here Which means once I put a cover on it, just locking the security doors and the outside gate with a key are sufficient safety precautions The boys obviously won't be out there without us, but that's good for family togetherness anway
post #585 of 641
Hey everyone!

Maia - glad your time is going well!

Clay - yeah for your kitty!

I'm here at my sister-in-law's house have a BLAST!! I can see me coming to visit her here often once we get a new (to us) car on the road (within the next 2 weeks - finally - YEAH!!) - i'm so glad she, her DH and my nephews are here in NY now shower:

There is a lot of stuff going on for me right now, that my sister really clarified for me with a couple of tarot readings... it's freaky scary when she does them for me, i should stop being so surprised by now.
post #586 of 641
Kiki, great name for a cat She does have sort of a manga look about her, even...
post #587 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post
Had a lovely moment lately. One of my charges is in K half days and just had a parent teacher interview. This little guy has been with me since he was a baby, and has always gotten to all of his developmental milestones just under the wire -- spoke latish in a very verbal family, didn't see the point of holding a crayon properly until right before K started, etc. Well it was a glowing interview, apparently, and I got a big thanks from the happy and relieved parents for preparing him so well for school on all fronts. I didn't do anything special, we just hung out and played -- very unschooly. But I love him and I'm proud of him, too. I love that his parents see me as having a stake in how he's doing. .

But last night I found myself looking really closely at this print I never liked but that dh has insisted on having up on the wall of our bedroom forevah, of a country house by a lake with a great big barn and lilac trees. I was brushing the dust off the frame and fell asleep imagining what the floorplan of that house in the country might be like....never before in the fifteen years we've had that picture thought of opening that door to that country house/country life and walking inside.
Congrats on your little guys interview..

That country house sounds lovely. My kind of place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Lucas still has a low grade temp, and now Quinn has started a little cough in addition to his hoarse voice.
Hope you little one's get better quickly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
Maia
This from me too Maia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
The pictures aren't great, but here we go... Kiki picture one, Kiki picture two. And one with Laia carrying the cat food bag and generating a lot of loving attention.
Love the name Clay, and she is so cute. Looks very happy to be in her new home.
post #588 of 641
Morning mamas. Everyone is sleeping here, so I have a bit of quiet time. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had pasta here. I had such a backache that I went to bed before 9p and slept through until 6a. Today we are staying put, there is no way I would ever shop Thanksgiving weekend!
post #589 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
The pictures aren't great, but here we go...
Cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
We are in the process of filling our little backyard pool,
Fun! I wish we could take a vacation right now and go see you! How cool would that be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJoslyn78 View Post
I'm here at my sister-in-law's house have a BLAST!!
So glad you're having a good time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas. Everyone is sleeping here, so I have a bit of quiet time. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had pasta here. I had such a backache that I went to bed before 9p and slept through until 6a. Today we are staying put, there is no way I would ever shop Thanksgiving weekend!
I can relate about the backache. I've had one for a couple months now and it's just getting worse. Time to call the doc. Maybe they'd pay for massage/physical therapy.
Shopping- A lot of places are offering online shopping specials this weekend. You don't even have to wait for cyber Monday.


The only place I may go today is Starbucks. I want the Grandma's Turkey Sandwich. And then I'm going back to being vegetarian.
I'd walk to town if it wasn't raining. I need the exercise.
post #590 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
The pictures aren't great, but here we go... Kiki picture one, Kiki picture two. And one with Laia carrying the cat food bag and generating a lot of loving attention.
She is so lovely, Clay! What a wonderful addition to your family.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redveg View Post
Morning mamas. Everyone is sleeping here, so I have a bit of quiet time. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving. We had pasta here. I had such a backache that I went to bed before 9p and slept through until 6a. Today we are staying put, there is no way I would ever shop Thanksgiving weekend!
Me either! I worked in a department store a long time ago...let's see, Christmas of '92? And I was absolutely horrified by what I saw. People stacked at all of the doors before a 5am opening, rudeness, pushing, insanity. I left retail work that following spring and have never gone back.

Each year Chris and I try to figure out everything we will/might need so that we can not go anywhere or buy anything at least until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Its just nuts.

Today we're hanging out. I'm getting knitting projects done, Chris is, well at the moment he's playing solitaire on his computer...but once the wee ones are up...he'll be doing the super-papa routine.

Happy Friday everyone.
post #591 of 641
Maia- hehe
And now you are making me remember the friends episode where Monica has to compete with Phoebe to see whose having the hottest "thing" . (if you know what I mean) Your making up for lost times huh? hehe

Clay- no wonder you brought her home, she is beauutiful! Love the name!

I am beat but dinner was ever so yummy!

Now, on to decorating my house
post #592 of 641
Kiki- settling in nicely. And a fringe benefit is the girls are on extra good behavior. All I have to do is say "Do you want Kiki to see you fighting?" and they stop. Her shelter names was "Kitty Kitty", which was shortened to "ki'y ki'y by the staff and shifted to KiKi by us. Laia is getting a copy of Kiki's Delivery Service and a small felted Gigi the cat (from the film) for Solstice so the timing is good too.

I can't figure out why she was at the shelter so long though.... she's really sweet, friendly, laid back, and pretty! The volunteer said that Kiki is very reserved and in a room with 20 other cats she never approached people so she wasn't choosen. Now, I did see her doing the reserved/standoff act at the adoption center but she hasn't tried it on us. I wouldn't call her a cuddle bug, but she is certainly social!

House- we've flipped the window! Of course it snowed last night so the house was a bit chilly given the huge opening in the wall, but it's fixed up now. Still need the other 6 windows and the door. I'm thinking we wnot make our Solstice goal, but I'll deal with that.

Cari and DoK- how are you doing? how are the littles?

Maia- hope you're drinking your cranberry juice and taking your probiotics!
post #593 of 641
Maia- so glad things are terrific!

Clay- Luv the kitty's name. and the extra good behavior, lol. Sounds like she was def meant to join your family

Cari- hang in there! I hope the boys feel better soon. And yay for getting to set up a pool.

So turkey day was good yesterday- hung out a home a bit then went to my cousin's, had lots of fun. When I got up this morning I saw some yahoo had broken the passenger window in dh's commuter car. The only thing that was stolen was the satellite radio device. Not such a big deal, although I'd rather not have to pay to get the window replaced, but oh well. At least 7 other cars in our neighborhood were broken into, including one up the street where a college student's textbooks were taken- and his finals are this week. I think he'll manage ok though. Naughty car thieves!!

Eden is still off dairy. She is doing better w/o it, but is having a difficult time finding things to eat that are still healthy. It's become quite an issue- I think mostly because I have all these suggestions for different things to eat and she's completely unwilling to try. Fortunately she's healthy enough that I'm not worried about her not eating great for a short time while we adjust.

I think I'll go check out Mary's blog and see if I can see what you're knitting...
post #594 of 641
Just got finished going through the PC shipment. I'm so addicted. I need MORE.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Now, on to decorating my house
Exciting! I'm so tempted to start decorating but am going to wait until next week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Laia is getting a copy of Kiki's Delivery Service and a small felted Gigi the cat (from the film) for Solstice so the timing is good too.

Cari and DoK- how are you doing? how are the littles?
My fave movie!
I'm ok, Roo is ok. I'm beginning to wonder if his forehead is just normally warm (temporal artery scan.) I tested it on me and I got 98.2 which is definitely within my normal range (I run lower).

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
When I got up this morning I saw some yahoo had broken the passenger window in dh's commuter car. The only thing that was stolen was the satellite radio device.
Oh no. Tis the season for thieves. I hope something really good happens to your family soon to make up for the bad stuff.
post #595 of 641
Maia - YAY! Glad you are having a great time!

Clay - beautiful cat! Glad she made it home to you! (You are so funny, but right on about the recommendation of cranberry juice for Maia!!)


Today we took DD for her holiday pics at Meijer's and it went FANTASTIC!!! The last several times we went for pics it was just awful. But today she was acting like an old pro - so yeah, I spent a bundle!! Did just a tiny bit of shopping for my DH and that's it. And I bought myself a new pillow because DD keeps stealing mine and every night I fall asleep wishing I bought new one!

Hope you all have a terrific weekend!
post #596 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
Just got finished going through the PC shipment. I'm so addicted. I need MORE.
I could never sell PC, I would spend every cent (and then some) that I made on products for myself hehehe.

Quote:
My fave movie!
I'm ok, Roo is ok. I'm beginning to wonder if his forehead is just normally warm (temporal artery scan.) I tested it on me and I got 98.2 which is definitely within my normal range (I run lower).
I'm guessing your doc has run all manner of thyroid tests already? Because a body temp that low can indicate a sluggish thyroid (which I've found out with all my recent research My avg temp is also a bit low) Even if your numbers are at the bottom end of normal, your thyroid can apparently be not functioning well enough!

I'm hangin in there.. exhausted as the boys were up at 4fricking30 this morning.. it was mainly Lucas, who said he had an earache. But he woke up everyone else. THEN when they were cleaning their room a bit, he was apparently standing on the trofast (we have the lowish bench type) and fell off and wailed that he'd hurt his ankle for ages. What he was DOING up there is beyond us, considering the fan incident you'd THINK he'd keep his damn feet on the floor
post #597 of 641
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
The pictures aren't great, but here we go... Kiki picture one, Kiki picture two.
Aww, she's really cute, and Kiki is such a great name. Especially considering your dds' favorite movie right now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeress View Post
Maia- hehe
And now you are making me remember the friends episode where Monica has to compete with Phoebe to see whose having the hottest "thing" . (if you know what I mean) Your making up for lost times huh? hehe
I've never seen that show. But oh, yes, making up for lost time...making up for time we've never spent, in that way

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Maia- hope you're drinking your cranberry juice and taking your probiotics!
I have been taking cranberry pills for at least two weeks now So far, I feel fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post
When I got up this morning I saw some yahoo had broken the passenger window in dh's commuter car. The only thing that was stolen was the satellite radio device. Not such a big deal, although I'd rather not have to pay to get the window replaced, but oh well. At least 7 other cars in our neighborhood were broken into
Holy cow. That's horrible! Did they find anyone yet?

OMG mamas I am having such an awesome time. This is so, so meant to be The only reason I'm on here right now is we had pizza
Srsly, I am coming back here ASAP and we are definitely a forever thing
post #598 of 641
TOLD you you'd be moving to Boston, didn't I?

Cars- my mom always left her car unlocked since she figured that way she wouldn't have to replace a window after a theft. And she was right... the only time she locked the car someone busted a window to take a knapsack (library books which were then dumped at the used book store and returned). They actually robbed all the cars in a row of the parking lot so I doubt they were checking locks, but my mom always used that incident to justify not locking.

Weather- snow this morning, they expect gale force winds soon though!
post #599 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaughterOfKali View Post
I can relate about the backache. I've had one for a couple months now and it's just getting worse. Time to call the doc. Maybe they'd pay for massage/physical therapy.
Shopping- A lot of places are offering online shopping specials this weekend. You don't even have to wait for cyber Monday.
This is the first time I have ever had a backache for this long. I think I pinched a nerve or something?? I hope your back feels better soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mary3mama View Post
Each year Chris and I try to figure out everything we will/might need so that we can not go anywhere or buy anything at least until the Sunday after Thanksgiving. Its just nuts.
This is what did. I went out on Wednesday got everything we need until next Wednesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphire View Post

So turkey day was good yesterday- hung out a home a bit then went to my cousin's, had lots of fun. When I got up this morning I saw some yahoo had broken the passenger window in dh's commuter car. The only thing that was stolen was the satellite radio device. Not such a big deal, although I'd rather not have to pay to get the window replaced, but oh well. At least 7 other cars in our neighborhood were broken into, including one up the street where a college student's textbooks were taken- and his finals are this week. I think he'll manage ok though. Naughty car thieves!!
Stinks! The nerve of people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maiasaura View Post
OMG mamas I am having such an awesome time. This is so, so meant to be The only reason I'm on here right now is we had pizza
Srsly, I am coming back here ASAP and we are definitely a forever thing
I am so happy for you!!
post #600 of 641
Quote:
Originally Posted by CariOfOz View Post
I could never sell PC, I would spend every cent (and then some) that I made on products for myself hehehe.
That's why I host my own shows. Then I get free and discounted items for myself! I definitely recommend hosting shows whenever you want PC stuff. When you host a show, you get free products. Can't beat that!
Or, if you don't want to host, you can usually get a free gift with purchase deal when working with a consultant.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › November Pagan Family Circle