or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid, November 2009
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Charting to Avoid, November 2009 - Page 15

post #281 of 321
Yay! AF started yesterday! No Paragard induced hemmorhaging either! The last few months have sucked. This is the first AF I have looked forward to in a long time.
post #282 of 321
WWC - I HATE those nights when you've been leading up to something and then something totally backfires! It's so frustrating... good luck talking though. That really stinks for you.

AFM: Yay for ! I'm SO GLAD I'm not pregnant! Esp now that I'm finally working toward getting my own place and living alone with DD till my marriage situation gets figured out. Phew!
post #283 of 321
I hear ya, wwc. It's a fine line between doing all the work for someone else's wishes (hello, me!) and NOT being sneaky/dishonest/supporting of their decision.

On one hand you have the fact that you're putting in all the effort for a decision they've made, yet on the other the pendulum swings the other way and can you, knowing how they feel and your fertility status, choose to say nothing and let them go through with something they wouldn't be happy about if they knew all the facts?

The fact that you're supposed to be "whatever-ing" right now though, I would say means that there's nothing to be honest about. Collect your data, but don't analyze it and don't share it if that's how DH is going to react.
post #284 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by eirual View Post
i hear ya, wwc. It's a fine line between doing all the work for someone else's wishes (hello, me!) and not being sneaky/dishonest/supporting of their decision.

On one hand you have the fact that you're putting in all the effort for a decision they've made, yet on the other the pendulum swings the other way and can you, knowing how they feel and your fertility status, choose to say nothing and let them go through with something they wouldn't be happy about if they knew all the facts?

The fact that you're supposed to be "whatever-ing" right now though, i would say means that there's nothing to be honest about. Collect your data, but don't analyze it and don't share it if that's how dh is going to react.
ita
post #285 of 321
CD12, had a big temp dip this a.m. and some EWCF yesterday. I might be gearing up for my first charted O! My CF was been a bit wonky since this is my first cycle off of Mirena (I'm nursing too), but this is the first slippery/semi-stretchy stuff. We'll see!
post #286 of 321
Well, thanks for letting me vent yesterday. DH and I sat down and talked about it for a long time yesterday, and I feel like we really are on the same page now. Turns out that he doesn't want to know my CF, because he just wants to let it happen when it happens, and not be concerned about chances of conceiving on any one night. I'm going to keep track, because my cycles are so long and wacky that if we did get pregnant, I would need to determine the EDD from my charts, not my last AF. But we did agree that I can stop taking my temp now, as we're not needing "safe" days, KWIM? Anyway, I'm glad that we got it sorted out and we are both genuinely ok and happy with the resolution.
post #287 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Well, thanks for letting me vent yesterday. DH and I sat down and talked about it for a long time yesterday, and I feel like we really are on the same page now. Turns out that he doesn't want to know my CF, because he just wants to let it happen when it happens, and not be concerned about chances of conceiving on any one night. I'm going to keep track, because my cycles are so long and wacky that if we did get pregnant, I would need to determine the EDD from my charts, not my last AF. But we did agree that I can stop taking my temp now, as we're not needing "safe" days, KWIM? Anyway, I'm glad that we got it sorted out and we are both genuinely ok and happy with the resolution.
That's awesome, WWC. I'm glad you guys were able to come to a mutually acceptable result. Here's wishing you luck with "whatevering"

I will say that after tracking and becoming familiar with my fertility signs it would not really possible for me to not at least arrange BD during a fertile period if I were "whatevering". Though I guess I could just keep DH out of the loop.
post #288 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eresh View Post
That's awesome, WWC. I'm glad you guys were able to come to a mutually acceptable result. Here's wishing you luck with "whatevering"

I will say that after tracking and becoming familiar with my fertility signs it would not really possible for me to not at least arrange BD during a fertile period if I were "whatevering". Though I guess I could just keep DH out of the loop.
Well, I do admit that I am more likely to be "hey, you want to?" when I know I might be fertile. But honestly, we BD pretty frequently, so it would be strange if we didn't BD at least at some point during my fertile time.
post #289 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by wholewheatchick View Post
Well, thanks for letting me vent yesterday. DH and I sat down and talked about it for a long time yesterday, and I feel like we really are on the same page now. Turns out that he doesn't want to know my CF, because he just wants to let it happen when it happens, and not be concerned about chances of conceiving on any one night. I'm going to keep track, because my cycles are so long and wacky that if we did get pregnant, I would need to determine the EDD from my charts, not my last AF. But we did agree that I can stop taking my temp now, as we're not needing "safe" days, KWIM? Anyway, I'm glad that we got it sorted out and we are both genuinely ok and happy with the resolution.
That's awesome that you're both on the same page now! Sounds like a really good arrangement too. Good luck
post #290 of 321
YAY AF started after getting the IUD out. Now I'm hoping those dang painful cysts on the left side will go away, I'd really like to not have surgery for christmas because they aren't going away.
post #291 of 321
Hey ladies! Just wondering, at what point do you discard a temp altogether. I am cd16 and still no O or any fertile CM. I am wondering if I am on my way to either an annov cycle or just a really late O. But if I discard my unusually high temp on cd9 (I think I was awake frequently and tossing and turning a lot and finally temped at the time I would normally get up, not necessarily the time I woke up) then I get crosshairs for cd12 (the only day I had potentially fertile CM and a normal O day for me). Any insight?
My Chart
post #292 of 321
duh question from a newbie... what do the crosshairs mean on FF? I haven't got any but I see you all mention them a lot.
post #293 of 321
Thread Starter 
Crosshairs mean that's the day FF thinks you O'd, and your coverline. It's fun and great to get crosshairs, but they frequently annoy me because a) they are often wrong and b) I find it really hard to interpret someone's chart in another way when they have crosshairs because I am not a very visual person and can't really get past the big red cross. I think that's a personal problem though.

HJ, in your case, I think it's likely that you O'd CD 12, especially if your CD 9 temp is indeed invalid, but if you are strongly avoiding I would wait a few more days to make sure your temp stays nice and high and you stay dry.
post #294 of 321
So I'm baaacckkk! I've been extrememly lazy for the past few months and have only pieces of charts (ie 4 or 5 days at a time, and then I'd lose my thermometer again). I started charting again halfway through this month (although the day after I think I o'd, durrr), and I'm looking for some guidance.

1. Is it possible to change FF's cover line? I disagree with when they think I ovulated, based on pretty strong ovulation pain, and a different of about six days makes the chart look funny!

2. Is it normal for your temp to keep climbing and climbing? I've noticed by the end of my cycle I've gained a full degree or more over the luteal phase, and for some reason I thought it was supposed to "even out" once it jumped up.
post #295 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeninejessica View Post
So I'm baaacckkk! I've been extrememly lazy for the past few months and have only pieces of charts (ie 4 or 5 days at a time, and then I'd lose my thermometer again). I started charting again halfway through this month (although the day after I think I o'd, durrr), and I'm looking for some guidance.

1. Is it possible to change FF's cover line? I disagree with when they think I ovulated, based on pretty strong ovulation pain, and a different of about six days makes the chart look funny!

2. Is it normal for your temp to keep climbing and climbing? I've noticed by the end of my cycle I've gained a full degree or more over the luteal phase, and for some reason I thought it was supposed to "even out" once it jumped up.

Do you have a link to your recent chart?
Ovulation pain doesn't necessarily happen the day you O. It can happen days before actual O. It could also be completely unrelated pain (gas, virus, bad food?) I wouldn't change FF's findings based on a secondary sign. Temps are the primary indicator.
Regarding the climbing temps, do you mean they go up until AF or do you mean you are getting higher temps by a degree each cycle? Mine climb to the end of the LP and then come down for AF. They aren't typically flat throughout anyone's LP that i've seen.
post #296 of 321
I missed a bunch of posts. Last time I came here I accidentally unsubbed myself. I thought I had resubbed but, apparently, not. Sorry about that.

WWC ~ I think there are a lot of men who would probably prefer to not know anything about CF.

HJ ~ I'm not convinced of O on cd12. Even without the cd9 temp, your CL would be 97.8. You don't have 3 consecutive temps above that yet. Your cd14 temp could possibly be considered a fallback rise temp except that your cd13 temp is an open circle. CD14 is a possibility, imo, depending on why your cd13 temp has an open circle. BTW, any CF other than your BIP is considered potentially fertile. That means you've been potentially fertile since cd9. You don't need ew or even watery CF to O. Some women O while only having creamy CF (and they can get pg).

JJ ~ You can override the CL and/or the O day that FF gives you. Go to the Ovulation Detector box below your chart. Click on "Tuning/Override" under that box. You'll see "Detector Manual Override." Put in whatever you want for either O day or CL or both and click "Override". If you decide you want to change it back, go back to that page and click the "Remove" button.

I don't think there's any hard and fast rule about what you're temp should do during your LP other than the thermal shift. Sometimes it may level out. Sometimes it may go up and down, up and down. Sometimes it may climb and climb and then plummet just before .

How's this for nuts? Even though there is absolutely no possibility whatsoever that I could be pg, I keep looking at my chart for pg signs. I'm at 9dpo. I didn't take my temp this morning because I didn't feel like it.
post #297 of 321
I can't remember where the share function is for FF...

It was definately ovulation pain, I've noticed it since I was about 16, although that's true about it not nexessarily being the same day.

My big problem is that I didn't start temping this month until day 16... and I have perfect 27-28 day cycles... so it stands to reason that ovlation occured day 16, or just before day 16... the pain I felt was on day 17.

The temps are usually normal before ovulation, and then after ovulation they climb and climb until AF. If it's normal, good to know, it just didn't seem like the other charts I was finding were showing that.
post #298 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post
HJ ~ I'm not convinced of O on cd12. Even without the cd9 temp, your CL would be 97.8. You don't have 3 consecutive temps above that yet. Your cd14 temp could possibly be considered a fallback rise temp except that your cd13 temp is an open circle. CD14 is a possibility, imo, depending on why your cd13 temp has an open circle. BTW, any CF other than your BIP is considered potentially fertile. That means you've been potentially fertile since cd9. You don't need ew or even watery CF to O. Some women O while only having creamy CF (and they can get pg).
I agree MW. I am thrown by the lack of EWCM only because I have always had it in my history of charting and it typically dries up the day after O with a very obvious temp rise. That's why this current chart is throwing me. I had zero EWCM. I realize anything is potentially fertile. Dh and I are being cautious because I am not confident of O either. CD 13 is open circle because I woke up with hubby's alarm at 5:30 (didn't get out of bed or anything), didn't temp, and went back to sleep until 7 and used that temp. I thought maybe cd14 too, but even with 1 more high temp it doesn't give me CHs.
post #299 of 321
To share your FF chart, go to "sharing", "homepage setup" and copy and paste the link in the box at the top. I think there's also a box somewhere on that page that you need to either check or uncheck to make your chart public. You can also try changing the CL and O day that FF gave you buy changing the O detector. The default is their Advanced O detector. If you've never changed yours, that's what it's set on. You could change it to FAM to see if that makes a difference.

With a regular 27-28 day cycle, you could O anywhere between cd11 and cd18 depending on how long your lp is.
post #300 of 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by HulaJenn View Post
I thought maybe cd14 too, but even with 1 more high temp it doesn't give me CHs.
Maybe because at that point your CL would be 98 and you wouldn't have 3 consecutive temps above that even with a high temp tomorrow?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Family Planning
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Family Planning › Charting to Avoid, November 2009