I was interested at gold fillings but many holistic dentists don't like metal in the mouth. Also when mercury and gold come in contact, mercury becomes much more toxic.
Composites fillings also look very toxic.
My holistic dentist uses the bpa containing ones. He points to this IAOMT report saying that:
|Small amounts of BPA may leach from dental sealants immediately after application of the sealants to teeth. No BPA has been detected in blood samples, indicating that there is no detectable systemic exposure to BPA from dental sealants.
• The source of BPA that leaches from dental sealants is likely to be from hydrolysis of bis-DMA, a common monomer used in dental resin formulations.
• When evaluated as an acute exposure event, the highest level of BPA reported in saliva from dental sealants is more than 50,000 times lower than the LD50 values that have been reported for BPA.
• Although BPA exposure from dental sealants does not occur daily throughout a lifetime, the highest level of BPA reported is also below the maximum acceptable or "reference" dose for BPA of 0.05 mg/kg body weight/day.
• A recent three-generation study has confirmed the safety of the maximum acceptable or "reference" dose for BPA of 0.05 mg/kg body weight/ day.
• Consequently, human exposure to BPA from dental resins is minimal and poses no known health risk.
I am just wondering what the least toxic filling would be?