or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › You know you are a mom when...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

You know you are a mom when... - Page 6

post #101 of 105
These are great

-when you remind anyone and everyone who approaches the cat to be gentle!

-when you honestly can't remember what it felt like to feel rested

-when you and hubby sleep in different rooms because he snores and his waking you up in the middle of the night with his glaoting sounds of slumber is grounds for divorce

-when you instantly regret those days when you try to look nice. Without fail you will get stains on the last remaining sweater without them.

-clean clothes mean clothing with no offensible odors, but stains are game

-you daydream about the way your body used to look and wonder why the heck you complained all those years when clearly you looked like a supermodel compared to what your body looks like now...

-you are appalled when people make family-get together dinner reservations for 7PM Jeez, why not make it midnight while you're at it!

-Sex seems kind of exhausting and pointless unless there's a baby making reason behind it...

-cutting your hair yourself seems like a good idea...

- you know more about your uterus than you ever thought possible
post #102 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by SactoMommy View Post
You can't watch a movie without subtitles on because, after so many times doing it that way (so you can turn down the volume), you can't understand what any of the actors are saying.

You can't understand why the rest of the world isn't ready to do something at 9 AM on a Saturday (seriously, get out of bed people!).
YES to both of these!!!
post #103 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarnMomma View Post
-you daydream about the way your body used to look and wonder why the heck you complained all those years when clearly you looked like a supermodel compared to what your body looks like now...
YES!! I found some old pics of myself from high school. I thought I was HUGE (granted, I had unhealthy body image...but anyway) and started laughing and told DH "I'd KILL to look like that right now. Man, I took that tummy for granted."


- DH gets off the phone with MIL around 7pm saying "they're eating dinner" and you find yourself saying "They're JUST eating dinner??" in a shocked voice.

- You've threatened to beat anyone that calls after 8pm...9pm? Grounds for murder.

- You remember the days when your night STARTED at 10pm...

- ...and the days when 10am was early.
post #104 of 105
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraLoo View Post
When you're a guest at someone else's home and you forget for a moment that you really should close the bathroom door.
Totally done that!

2 mom moments I've had:

I recently spent an entire morning running errands with a wadded up washcloth shoved in one side of my bra. I do that when I'm at home instead of using my nice decent looking nursing pads.

I gushed on the phone to one of DH's childless friends about how one of the highlights of my childfree trip to NYC with my girlfriends was eating cupcakes in bed at midnight. I am so lame...
post #105 of 105
Thread Starter 
You are seriously considering getting a dog so you don't have to clean the floor so much.

When you first saw the Roomba, you were sure they had made it just for you.

You take your kids to Macy's under the pretense of letting them look at all of the Christmas trees, but really you just want to sit in that massage chair they have out on display for customers to try.

Your Christmas list for yourself is actually 90% items for your kids. The other 10% includes: a shower, sleep, and five minutes of peace and quiet.

You can't believe you ever actually spent an HOUR making a meal. Now your cooking repertoire consists only of things that can be made within ten minutes and if possible, only one pan.

"Leftovers night" is like your version of Saturday off work because you don't have to cook anything.

You really have no idea what is going on in the world right now. News? Pshaw! You're lucky if you can figure out what's on sale at the grocery store this week.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Parenting
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › You know you are a mom when...