no, lol! but, we might look more waldorf-y in the future.
first, in the now:
1. we have a tv and use it. we watch movies about once a week (usually after the baby is asleep), and i like to watch The Biggest Loser. otherwise, it's off or we play CDs through the dvd player through it (no stereo).
2. the house was decorated with my mother's heavy influence. we prefer the swedish clean/modern/natural, while my mother is hard-core Traditional Home. so, we ended up with her choices because i was young and wanted to please her. (she literally said "that's ugly" to my design plan, and then said "you should do this, then you'll have a real, nice home that you can be proud of." so, yeah, i made her proud.)
3. we have natural toys and a few non-natural ones that have snuck in. we keep toys to a minimum here, in general, and so it's not overwhelming. our play area is in our living room, and it gets picked up every time hawk sleeps (nap time and bed time). it's pretty easy to pick up--two baskets of stuff one for soft toys and one for the blocks, stacking rings, etc.
second, in the future in NZ:
when we first move there, our home will not be waldorf inspired because we will be housesitting for a while. and, we may then also rent a furnished place--so we wouldn't really have much choice on what is there.
but, when we have our own place...
1. we will not have a TV, but rather will use a projection system for movies. we don't watch TV really anyway (save my "show" and i suppose i can let it go), so that' not with our computer to play a movie onto the wall.
we love movies and my husband is working to be a professional screenwriter. movies are just part of our lives.
2. we will buy sustainable, natural, organic furnishings in the swedish/modern style. it's what we like. so, it may not look at all waldorf, since their style tends to be a little more "folk-sy" than the swedish-modern style. but, where they have commonalities are on comfort, ease, and clean, organized, multi-use spaces. so, in that way, it will be waldorf.
my mother will HATE it and so will my MIL.
3. depending upon our circumstance, we will either have a biodynamic/permaculture garden or we will join a community garden. but, we will be gardening! if we join the community garden, we will likely have some potted plants (herbs) at home, too, either way.
4. we still plan to keep toys to a minimum, and keep them in the main living space. it inspires me to keep cleaning and organizing, and it makes a nice place where we can work/play together.
5. we want to have other friends/families over for play dates both structured (music nights) and untructured (kids play, parents chat). we know a number of waldorf-families where we are going, and so we would like to invite them to join us for fun!
so, we may never look normally waldorf, but we are inspired by it.