Can anyone share some constructive indoor activities for twin toddlers? I need to get better about doing activities with them and don't know how to get started. They eat playdough, and color all over everything, it gets a little frustrating.
Some things that I do w/my girls indoors include:
- Dancing! Any upbeat music (kids love voices and percussion as a general rule) will do the trick.
- Puzzles for toddlers
- Shape sorting
- Filling up buckets with items
- 'Helping me' whether it is emptying the dishwasher (I direct them to the silverware - spoons and forks), folding laundry (more futile than anything else), putting away groceries (they'll pick things out of the bags if I place the bags on the floor)
- Coloring and finger paints we do while sitting in their booster seats w/trays
- Playing toddler version of hide & seek
- Playing with blankets, sheets & pillows (forts, tents, run under while mama lifts it up, etc.)
- Reading books is a huge hit here
- Riding around on my back like a horse
- Other 'mommy as play gym' activities
- Play in their tupperware cupboard (one cupboard in the kitchen is full of kitchen items that they can play with
And we go outside a lot. We bundle up or put on our raincoats and get out of the house! Today it was probably in the 50s, but the girls were playing in their sand table.
Hope that gives you an idea or two. It's always interesting to hear what other people do for fresh ideas!