or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Canada › Pagan/Hippyish/SAHM/unschooler with teens and toddler looking for her tribe in east end TO
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Pagan/Hippyish/SAHM/unschooler with teens and toddler looking for her tribe in east end TO

post #1 of 8
Thread Starter 
I am a mom of 3 homebirthed, attachment-parented, unschooled kids, ages 17, 14, and 16 months. I am from the US (Tulsa, Oklahoma) and have only been in the GTA about a year and a half. We recently relocated to The Beaches, and I have been diligently searching here for others of like mind, but to no avail! It seems that the moms of toddlers around here are all about to go back to work, or already have nannies for their babies, and are not really on the same sheet of music as I am anyway, as a life-long SAHM by choice.

I was accustomed to a lot of support in my hometown, in the form of a women's circle, a bellydance community, and awesome unschooling support group. I really miss that, and I am finding the idea of another friendless winter (this will be my second!) here in Toronto simply unacceptable! It would be ideal to find another attachment/unschool family with teens and toddlers, but I realize that is a tall order! I would be really pleased, just to find another mom or dad who is parenting a little one full-time, and has free time to get together frequently with my youngest daughter, Ever, and me.

My interests are yoga, tantra, bellydance, beaded jewelry-making, writing, intentional communities, home/unassisted birth, women's empowerment, unschooling, law of attraction, consensus decision-making, self-sufficiency, radical honesty, freecycling, dumpster-diving, Rainbow Family Gatherings, intenders' circles, international travel, singing, songwriting, learning to play the electric guitar, relearning to play the clarinet, cycling, surfing, and many, many more. Ever is a friendly and outgoing little girl, who loves to play with other babies and toddlers. Ours is a family of night owls, so we are rarely up before noon, and prefer to do most of our activities during the pm hours.

If you live near The Beaches or East End (or find yourself in that area frequently), have the time, and want to hang out some afternoon or evening, please feel free to write me or give me a call any day of the week, during pm hours. It is my intention that this message will reach precisely the right folks, and we will soon have a circle of friends with which to commune all winter, and beyond! So mote it be! :-)

--
Spiral out!!!
Sylph and baby Ever
spiralsylph@gmail.com
(647) 637-8642
post #2 of 8
Sylph,

What a surprise! I'm a tree hugging hippy chick, attachment parenting cosleeping mom living in East End TO as well [not a homeschooler though] and am so happy to see your post.

I'll email you.
post #3 of 8
Sylph -

I recognize you from Koalamamas We were supposed to meet at Li'l Bean N Green but it didn't work out

I still would like to get together some time... it's hard for me to figure out what time of day would be best. My ds goes to JK in the pm (1-3:30) and that's the time my dd naps. Weekends are usually busy with errands and family time (we don't see dh all that much during the week, he works long hours).

So maybe after 4pm? My dh is going to Hawaii for 10 days starting Dec 12 so we will have some free time, and a vehicle

Anyway, just brainstorming... what are your thoughts? I'm honestly not sure about getting together in a coffee shop, even a child friendly one. I'd almost rather plan a get together at my home for a few mamas and kiddos.
post #4 of 8
Interesting! I'm a pagan, tree-huggin', East York livin', SAHM with a 13 month old daughter. I'll send you an email too.
post #5 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cujobunny View Post
Sylph -

I recognize you from Koalamamas We were supposed to meet at Li'l Bean N Green but it didn't work out

I still would like to get together some time... it's hard for me to figure out what time of day would be best. My ds goes to JK in the pm (1-3:30) and that's the time my dd naps. Weekends are usually busy with errands and family time (we don't see dh all that much during the week, he works long hours).

So maybe after 4pm? My dh is going to Hawaii for 10 days starting Dec 12 so we will have some free time, and a vehicle

Anyway, just brainstorming... what are your thoughts? I'm honestly not sure about getting together in a coffee shop, even a child friendly one. I'd almost rather plan a get together at my home for a few mamas and kiddos.
Hey, Amanda!

We are definitely still interested in meeting up with you guys, and not really particular about where we meet. I would be open to meeting at your house, for sure. Right now, our vehicle is out of commission until further notice (making weird noises, with very expensive repairs necessary, before it will be driven again!) so we would have to take transit.

I am right now in communication via e-mail with not 1, but 5 other moms who might be interested in such a get-together, so surely we can pull something together soon. We are totally fine with getting together after 4 pm, and in fact, such a late time takes a lot of pressure off of us, since we seem to be coming into more and more of a vampire sleep schedule as the cold sets in! Just let us know when you're free, and we will figure something out together... :-)

--
Spiral out!!!
Sylph and baby Ever
spiralsylph@gmail.com
(637) 637-8642
post #6 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakti77 View Post
Sylph,

What a surprise! I'm a tree hugging hippy chick, attachment parenting cosleeping mom living in East End TO as well [not a homeschooler though] and am so happy to see your post.

I'll email you.
Hey, Shakti!

I am looking forward to your e-mail very much! It looks like there are several of us in the area, so maybe we can start getting together soon with our little ones! :-)

--
Spiral out!!!
Sylph and baby Ever
spiralsylph@gmail.com
(647) 637-8642
post #7 of 8
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by hazelbranch View Post
Interesting! I'm a pagan, tree-huggin', East York livin', SAHM with a 13 month old daughter. I'll send you an email too.
Hey, Laura!

I got your e-mail and replied from my gmail account. I can't wait to meet you and your daughter! It is such a relief to find we are not alone in The Beaches after all. :-) Thanks so much for writing. Hope to talk to you soon...

--
Spiral out!!!
Sylph and baby Ever
spiralsylph@gmail.com
(647) 637-8642
post #8 of 8
Hello there ladies,

I was ecstatic to find this thread today! I live in T.O's east end too.... near the scarborough bluffs. I have but a few friends with babies and they are not of the attachment/cosleeping/nonvax/toddler breastfeeding persuation; it would be great to meet y'all!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Canada
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Canada › Pagan/Hippyish/SAHM/unschooler with teens and toddler looking for her tribe in east end TO