or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › December Obsess and Test
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

December Obsess and Test

post #1 of 770
Thread Starter 
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!

We love cheap tests.
We love buying tests in bulk.
We have spent more on tests this cycle than we care to admit anywhere outside of this forum.

That twinge? Oh that could be implantation!
Am I nauseated or is it just that food I ate earlier?
Hello body? Could you just give me a definite sign?!


If you have ever even thought any of these comments, or something similar, this is where you can come to share. Post your tests to be scrutinized, whine about how long it is to get from 3dpo when you have your ovulation confirmed to 7dpo when you promised yourself you would wait to test.
post #2 of 770
Thread Starter 
I am so anxious to get to obsess and test this month. First time since June!
post #3 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Testing every day from 1dpo will not make me pregnant and saying that will not stop me from doing so
FertilityFriend will not randomly post a big red PREGNANT over my chart But its only tenth time I have looked today, you never know if they will add that as a feature!
Evap lines are evil But I secretly hope for them just to have that second line on a test
I do not have TTC on my mind 24/7 Sometimes I think about what it will be like when we succeed!
Get out of my head!

Especially since I'm about 1dpo and I considered testing. What a dolt!

One more week until I can truly start obsessing. Here's to a nice, peaceful week. Good luck to everyone!
post #4 of 770
Thread Starter 
is it TOO soon to obsess if I am around CD-10? (yes, thats 10 days pre-cycle lol)

I just got my saveontests.com tests (oh my its like Christmas to hold 50 pregnancy tests in my hands. I get to go nuts!!!)

and I kid you not, I saw this on the back of the envelope: http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/e...1130091058.jpg

W..T..F..

Has anyone else gotten a package from them with anything similar? Are they trying to predict?

I mean... I hope so, thats what DF wants (not that he would be disappointed with having the first girl in his family in two generations)
post #5 of 770
I tested this morning and Wednesday. Pretty silly since i have NO idea when I o'd. My CM looked good around Friday, with cramping. So i am guess ill say it was there, since i finished my period around the 12th. Maybe i totally missed it. I dunno.
post #6 of 770
Oh, obsessing...

I'm actually not obsessing (yet?). I'm 5 DPO. I had wanted to TTC the day before O, day of, and day after, but DH was majorly stressed out by the whole thing (UGH) and we only managed twice the day before (the day of my + OPK). I think, if it had worked out the way I'd planned, I'd be more inclined to obsess and test earlier, but I guess I'm feeling a bit defeated/thwarted and don't particularly feel like seeing a negative test.

That said, I probably will test at 11 or 12 dpo. You know, unless I get a burst of soaring hope in the next few days or something.

My children are driving me CRAZY.
post #7 of 770
I haven't started yet, but I should O next week and then I'll start. Why buy them in bulk if you're not gonna use them in bulk, right?

ETA that I'm not an obsesser - but I am an over-tester. Probably start 6 dpo or so...last 2 times I got early BFPs, so a girl can hope

I can still join you, right?
post #8 of 770
Erin, if I look at my chart objectively, I think that it looks like our BDing timing was good. But since we missed one day, I'm feeling defeated, too.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a6a1f

I know what you mean about hubby getting stressed/suspicious of my new-found desire to "satisfy the marital debt" more frequently. He's totally onboard about having another baby but something about knowing that I'm ovulating just weirds him out.

All it takes is one time, though.
post #9 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
Erin, if I look at my chart objectively, I think that it looks like our BDing timing was good. But since we missed one day, I'm feeling defeated, too.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/2a6a1f

I know what you mean about hubby getting stressed/suspicious of my new-found desire to "satisfy the marital debt" more frequently. He's totally onboard about having another baby but something about knowing that I'm ovulating just weirds him out.

All it takes is one time, though.
VillageMom, your chart looks great! I would think mine looked great, too, if it were anyone else's.

I'm currently just trying to think of ways to make it easier/less suspicious for him next cycle and not think too much about this one.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1aad2c
post #10 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovemercy View Post
I'm currently just trying to think of ways to make it easier/less suspicious for him next cycle and not think too much about this one.
Your chart looks great, too!

I hope that you're able to keep cycle things on the down-low for your hubby. It's hopeless, in my case. Too many years of NFP and their "The husband contributes by being in charge of charting" philosophy. My hubby knows too much and there is no putting the horse back in the barn.

I gotta tell ya... I keep seeing the name "Ambrose" in your signature and it is really growing on me! (Peter is my husband.) I've been lobbying for "Clement" but not even our priest likes it!
post #11 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
Your chart looks great, too!

I hope that you're able to keep cycle things on the down-low for your hubby. It's hopeless, in my case. Too many years of NFP and their "The husband contributes by being in charge of charting" philosophy. My hubby knows too much and there is no putting the horse back in the barn.

I gotta tell ya... I keep seeing the name "Ambrose" in your signature and it is really growing on me! (Peter is my husband.) I've been lobbying for "Clement" but not even our priest likes it!
Thanks! I hear ya about the DH knowing too much. My hubby works in the pro-life movement so it's kind of hopeless to keep him in the dark as well, as he has to be knowledgeable and well-versed in all things NFP for a living.

We always get mixed reactions to the name Ambrose. It means "divine", and I really love it. He was born a few weeks after we converted to Catholicism, and paired with his middle name, Levi ("joined to"), it was very significant to being, well, joined to divinity. And of course, there was the intercession of St. Ambrose and his converting of St. Augustine....but that's a whole other story.

In any case, I think Clement is an awesome name! I'm rooting for you on that one!

Whew, did it get Catholic in here or what...!
post #12 of 770
I'm caving...


Hi, my name is Jen. I am 27 years old. We have 2 kiddos...7 YO DD and 1 YO DS. This is our first month to TTC...I O'ed anywhere from the 19th-25th. I tested on thursday(hoping for a turkey day +...it wasn't) and yesterday...BFN. I'm not going nutso this TTC month like I thought I would. But...I'm about to. I have 2 tests in there that I'm to take so I can see the so I can .


I am AT THIS VERY MOMENT HAVING A GRUMBLE DOWN WHERE THE LEFT SIDE OF MY PELVIC BONE IS. OMG. I JUST WANT TO TEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !

Would that be considered....obessive behavior?
post #13 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageMom6 View Post
Get out of my head!

Especially since I'm about 1dpo and I considered testing. What a dolt!

One more week until I can truly start obsessing. Here's to a nice, peaceful week. Good luck to everyone!



You and me both!!! I'm considering taking all my tests to my (pregnant) sister's house!! She is strong and will force me to wait.....but then, it's *possible* to get a BFP 7DPO....right?? I don't have to wait till 10DPO like I promised myself I would...... I just keep thinking, if I test too early and get a false negative, I would cry my eyes out, and STRESS. I'd rather not be stressed. I feel like waiting till 10DPO and using FMU gives me a decent chance of getting a BFP...I have the 99 cent store tests and the Dollar Tree tests....both of which test for 25mIu. And I KNOW what an evap line looks like now so those little devils won't get the best of me!!

I TOTALLY kept DH in the dark about ovulating. Since I haven't had my 1st PPAF, he has no idea. He knows we've been "trying"...but he's be blown away when I tell him we've succeeded! We only DTD 2 times during O time though. He was (in this order) stressed, tired, sick. So yes, I was hoping for 5 rounds but only got two. My chances are still decent though, right? I happen to know that he has sperm coming out of his ears and they're great little swimmers!
post #14 of 770
Thread Starter 


Just realized that I had no clue the sensitivity of my saveontests tests




Save On Tests 20 mIU



WOO!!!!!
post #15 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post


Just realized that I had no clue the sensitivity of my saveontests tests




Save On Tests 20 mIU



WOO!!!!!

No idea of the sensitivity AND the free gender prediction!! lol!!

"SON"......we will see.....
post #16 of 770
9 dpo here. tested yesterday -- bfn. tested this morning -- bfn. fmu and $tree tests both times. i have 8 $tree tests left. that should last me till af or a bfp, right? if i use one per day, that is. my chart looks pretty good, i think. temps still high. maybe an implantation dip at 7dpo?
post #17 of 770
Thread Starter 
lol but what are the chances of using only one per day? :P
post #18 of 770
Ya'll are rubbing off on me...I want to run to the $ store and get some cheapy tests...
post #19 of 770
Thread Starter 
Dollar stores too expensive and not sensitive enough! (lol)

my tests were 40 cents each and are 5mIU more sensitive! :P
post #20 of 770
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaerynPearl View Post
Dollar stores too expensive and not sensitive enough! (lol)

my tests were 40 cents each and are 5mIU more sensitive! :P
By the time I ordered them and they got to my house...I'd *hopefully* already found out with the 1 test I still have. Plus I think my Dh would look at me kinda funny if I ordered 10 tests...hahahaaha
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › December Obsess and Test