or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2010 › We're With Child, But We're Not Virgins!...December Chat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

We're With Child, But We're Not Virgins!...December Chat - Page 7

post #121 of 140
Thread Starter 
I'm so jealous. I would love to see my little one, but at the same time don't want a bunch of u/s. So torn.

We leave today and the to do list is waaaay too long for me to accomplish today. I'm just doing what I can and figure the rest will have to take care of itself.

I just ordered lunch because I've been trying to use up all the food in the fridge before we leave and have been doing too good of a job. There's nothing in there for me to eat! So it's Chinese food and roasted sweet potatoes today.
post #122 of 140
That sounds really good. MMMM roasted sweet potatoes. That and chicken salad I really don't know why I have been craving chicken salad.
post #123 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
TThat and chicken salad I really don't know why I have been craving chicken salad.
I have been craving this too... maybe you mentioned it before and got it in my head?! I have been wanting it since like last Thurs, i think.

Now i only want to eat protein. nothing else appeals to me. I dont want noodles, pizza, anything. just meat and beans and maybe some dairy. weird.
post #124 of 140
So Christmas should be interesting for me. My one uncle on my mom's side owns a winemaking shop and a bunch of my cousins work there, so the alcohol is free-flowing at family gatherings. Seriously, even my grandma makes her own wine. There were about 15 different kinds at Thanksgiving. But we're waiting until after the new year to break the news about the pregnancy so I'm trying to figure out how I'm going to avoid the alcohol without spilling the beans...
post #125 of 140
CallMeMommy- we are having the same dilemma. We're not telling until probably the 10th week or so.. (the week of Jan 10) and we ALWAYS have wine, drinks, eggnog, etc at the family gatherings from this Saturday until Jan 2! I'm not against a few sips of red wine for appearances, but that's my limit. I might just drink gingerale and pretend it's got some Captain in it..

as for your free flowing wine, i dont know what to suggest... maybe just say you have a terrible headache? (wine always exacerbates a headache for me) Or say you had too much to drink the night before?!
post #126 of 140
Thread Starter 
The drinking is part of the reason we're spilling the beans at Christmas. I'll have to take a photo of the adorable shirt I made for DD to wear!
post #127 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by LZP View Post
I have been craving this too... maybe you mentioned it before and got it in my head?! I have been wanting it since like last Thurs, i think.
No, I don't think that I am in your head. I just started the craving today!

LZP where in PA are you... we are in Lancaster, just wondering.
post #128 of 140
We picked first names today! Actually, we compromised since my husband has a girl name he loves and I have a boy name I love. I'm going to keep them secret for now, but it's so exciting! And if we have a girl, I'll be so happy I won't even care what her name is anyway!
I'm so glad that today is my boys' last day of school. I have been having the hardest time getting out of bed in the morning and can sleep in for the next 2 weeks! Off to my second school party of the day now.
post #129 of 140
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB View Post
I'm so glad that today is my boys' last day of school. I have been having the hardest time getting out of bed in the morning and can sleep in for the next 2 weeks! Off to my second school party of the day now.
I was a teacher when I was pregnant with DD. I sooo looked forward to spring break so I could have that week of not having to get up early! I also had a love/hate relationship with that day before break. The kids would be NUTS, but it was a fun day to have parties and play games and such.
post #130 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
No, I don't think that I am in your head. I just started the craving today!

LZP where in PA are you... we are in Lancaster, just wondering.
we're in the western suburbs of Phila... a little over an hour from Lancaster. we just went there last month as our weekend to "reconnect and take a break" from TTC... and perhaps conceived while we were there! thanks Lancaster!
post #131 of 140
That's so cool LZP. You know with towns named intercourse and blue ball something could happen
post #132 of 140
I'm going into my 28th hour with terrible diarrhea and not sure what to do about it Part of me wants to go to urgent care and ask for an IV. I'm drinking like crazy trying to stay hydrated but it's just going straight through me. i'm about to break down and take immodium but I hate hate hate taking anything while in the first trimester.
post #133 of 140

feeling like poo

Quote:
Originally Posted by painefaria View Post
That's so cool LZP. You know with towns named intercourse and blue ball something could happen
And how immature are we that when we were looking at all the pamphlets in the hotel lobby, we HAD to comment on EVERY one that said anything about Blue Ball or Intercourse, PA. wow. sure, we're ready to be parents.

last night i started feeling a little "sinus-y" with some pressure in my sinuses, but nothing else. went to bed around 9, which is late for me these days! at 12:30, i woke up with a full blown sore throat (like unable to swallow sore) and my nose was totally plugged. so, no desire to eat since i can't really breathe. and then... i started getting nauseated around 9 this morning. i thought i might puke a few times sitting at my desk. seems to have passed, and i think that if i eat something, i'll feel better, but NOTHING sounds good to me now (well, except that chicken salad that i still havent had.) ugh. i know i asked for MS so i could know things were happening, but i wish it could have waited 'til this cold is gone! UGH.
post #134 of 140
LZP, I'm so sorry! I am starting to feel somewhat normal again after having a terrible head cold... now I'm just coughing like a freak -- as my mother would say "oh it's breaking up..." gross.
We all got sick at once. How awesome. And there is nothing that makes me gag more when I have nauseau already than to have my 17 month old wiping his runny nose on my boob while he's nurses.... blah.
post #135 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
LZP, I'm so sorry! I am starting to feel somewhat normal again after having a terrible head cold... now I'm just coughing like a freak -- as my mother would say "oh it's breaking up..." gross.
We all got sick at once. How awesome. And there is nothing that makes me gag more when I have nauseau already than to have my 17 month old wiping his runny nose on my boob while he's nurses.... blah.
Oh finnegansmom- that made me gag a little- i feel worse for you now! I think my little runny-nosed 3yo neice gave this to me over the weekend. I guess our resistence is just down, since our bodies are working overtime growing someone new..! of course, being pg in the height of cold nad flu season shoudl be interesting for all of us!

makes me want to build myself a bubble and stay in it until April!
post #136 of 140
I woke up with a stuffy nose and sore throat this morning too! All it's making me do is be more sleeeeeeepy!

We had our 7 week ultrasound yesterday and saw our bean and heard the heartbeat! It was very exciting and reassuring. So then I finally went and bought the first baby sleepers!
post #137 of 140

Need to vent...

I am so tired of feeling so raw & vulnerable! I have a yeast infection & some of the disharge has been pink. I know this is nothing to worry about to much as long as I treat it & it goes away soon, but I am freaking out. We have so much going on in our lives right now & I feel like I am so beaten down. My BIL commited suicide 2 weeks ago today. We found out yesterday that we are officially in foreclosure on our house. Today we have an appt with an attorney to file bankruptcy. Then there is the usual holiday madness. It is just so much & the pressure of it all is weigh on me so hard.
post #138 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am so tired of feeling so raw & vulnerable! I have a yeast infection & some of the disharge has been pink. I know this is nothing to worry about to much as long as I treat it & it goes away soon, but I am freaking out. We have so much going on in our lives right now & I feel like I am so beaten down. My BIL commited suicide 2 weeks ago today. We found out yesterday that we are officially in foreclosure on our house. Today we have an appt with an attorney to file bankruptcy. Then there is the usual holiday madness. It is just so much & the pressure of it all is weigh on me so hard.

aww sweetie.. I feel for you. we were there a few months ago with the house but found a way. i like to think things happen for reasons, maybe what awaits you next is so much better.
post #139 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumof3Nic View Post
aww sweetie.. I feel for you. we were there a few months ago with the house but found a way. i like to think things happen for reasons, maybe what awaits you next is so much better.
Well it turns out that it is worse than we thought. We had figured on about an 18 month timeline to get out of the house. Now we will be lucky if it is 6 months. I can't beleive this!!!!!!!!!
post #140 of 140
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciascl View Post
I am so tired of feeling so raw & vulnerable! I have a yeast infection & some of the disharge has been pink. I know this is nothing to worry about to much as long as I treat it & it goes away soon, but I am freaking out. We have so much going on in our lives right now & I feel like I am so beaten down. My BIL commited suicide 2 weeks ago today. We found out yesterday that we are officially in foreclosure on our house. Today we have an appt with an attorney to file bankruptcy. Then there is the usual holiday madness. It is just so much & the pressure of it all is weigh on me so hard.
Oh man. That's a whole load of hard stuff. I have no words of wisdom. I'm terribly sorry.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2010
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › August 2010 › We're With Child, But We're Not Virgins!...December Chat