or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › USPS says the package was delivered, but it wasn't.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

USPS says the package was delivered, but it wasn't. - Page 2

post #21 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer76 View Post
I am often disappointed with the USPS online tracking. Hope it shows up.
Oh yes, I've learned not to believe it at all. I was once waiting for a shipment of domperidone and the USPS site said it had been delivered. I went through the whole process with my post office and postman. Turns out that it had never even made it to my house at all and actually showed up like 2 weeks later! Why the site said it had been delivered I;ll never know.
post #22 of 36
Our mailperson takes random days off. Of his/her own choosing.

Or walks all the way up to the porch with a box marked "fragile" then decides the last few feet to the door aren't worth it -- so tosses the package or pushes it towards the door (caught them doing that on Saturday when they finally delivered the mail they decided not to deliver on Friday).
post #23 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freud View Post
Yes, it makes me feel a little bit better that, although a lot of people have had USPS mishaps, it seems like they've all eventually received their packages. I just hope I get mine before Christmas.
Don't count on that. I'm still waiting for the outcome of a missing package that contained $85 worth of wool soakers/longies for my little guy. The USPS says it was delivered, but I never got it.
post #24 of 36
FedEx called me this morning to say my son's phone was left on the enclosed porch (that he doesn't have), and that they absolve themselves of responsibility. "If I am interested in pursuing this" I need to contact AT&T and have them start a claim against FedEx. This really stinks, as my son is leaving on Friday to come home for a month. I have never had this happen before.

Why do they think I would not be interested in pursuing finding a $100 package?!!
post #25 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenifer76 View Post
Our mailperson takes random days off. Of his/her own choosing.

Or walks all the way up to the porch with a box marked "fragile" then decides the last few feet to the door aren't worth it -- so tosses the package or pushes it towards the door (caught them doing that on Saturday when they finally delivered the mail they decided not to deliver on Friday).
Ahhh, you got one of those as well. Our's also takes random days off and then we decide one Sunday to make up for it and then we'll get our mail then. With packages, I think she puts them in one of the boxes down by the mail house and then just randomly throws the key in some one's box.
post #26 of 36
the usps tracking system is ridiculous. For ex, "Arrival at unit" means it arrived at the post office near your house. Clear as mud.
post #27 of 36
Yeah, USPS is crazy sometimes. One time they left my package perched on the outside cigarrete ashtray thing by the office of our apt complex. Just sitting there for anyone to pick up. Luckily the apt manager saw it and brought it to my house.
post #28 of 36
USPS doesn't even deliver to my house. How lame is that? I live barely a block off the main road. I understand that yes, the road is dirt...but the city *maintains* my road. It's not all icy and/or rutted out. No, I have to drive completely out of my way to go to the PO on the other side of town.

That said, FedEx and UPS deliver there...but not until after 7 pm! And if I'm not home, they don't leave the package on the porch...oh no, I have to wait until the next day. Grrr. To top it off, the first time I had a UPS delivery the rude person who answered the phone said that my address "didn't exist" ( no matter that the hosue has been there for 20 yrs)! Now they know that my house is the one with the bright red outhouse

I would call Amazon and see what's up.
post #29 of 36
Thread Starter 
Didn't get it today. Ugh! Called USPS and they opened a claim. Called my post office and they looked in the back room and it's not there. They said to call at 8am tomorrow to talk directly to the mail person to see if he remembers the package. Called Amazon and they were going to send another one at no charge but now the item is indefinitely out of stock! They refunded my money, but I want my package! I'm guessing that he delivered the package to a neighbor and they decided to keep it for themselves.
post #30 of 36
UPS once decided that we had moved back to our old house in Oklahoma (we had moved twice since then, to Maryland, and it had been 4 years!), and CHANGED the address on a package my dad sent, which already had the correct address on it, and delivered it to OK instead! And the people that bought our old house actually had the audacity to open not just the package, but the Xmas gift inside, clearly addressed to me! (UPS picked it up and delivered it to me, but not in time for Xmas)

Yes, five years later and I'm still peeved!
post #31 of 36
Just 10 minutes ago I finished swapping misdirected packages with a neighbor down the street - she got mine and I got hers. The funny thing is, she lives on the main street, and I live on the cul de sac off of the main street, so they are two different street names. I'm not really sure how one gets those mixed up, but apparently they do.
post #32 of 36
Did you ever get your package Freud?
post #33 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by didkisa View Post
UPS once decided that we had moved back to our old house in Oklahoma (we had moved twice since then, to Maryland, and it had been 4 years!), and CHANGED the address on a package my dad sent, which already had the correct address on it, and delivered it to OK instead! And the people that bought our old house actually had the audacity to open not just the package, but the Xmas gift inside, clearly addressed to me! (UPS picked it up and delivered it to me, but not in time for Xmas)

Yes, five years later and I'm still peeved!

Something similar happened to me. UPS randomly decided that I had completely changed my name and wanted my packages forwarded (which I didn't know they even did) to a house down the street. I attempted to get my packages from the house, but they complained to their landlord who called me (the packages had been changed from my name to hers) and told me to stop messing with them. Urm, hello your tenants stole several hundred dollars of stuff I ordered. In the end, the company replaced the products for me and the CSR rep had to write 'DO NOT FORWARD' as part of my address to ensure that I got my orders from then on. Infuriating. And I'm still peeved too.
post #34 of 36
I'm still waiting on a valentine's day card that my (now ex) boyfriend assured me he mailed. It's been 11 years, I don't think it's coming lol.
post #35 of 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by fierrbugg View Post
Something similar happened to me. UPS randomly decided that I had completely changed my name and wanted my packages forwarded (which I didn't know they even did) to a house down the street. I attempted to get my packages from the house, but they complained to their landlord who called me (the packages had been changed from my name to hers) and told me to stop messing with them. Urm, hello your tenants stole several hundred dollars of stuff I ordered. In the end, the company replaced the products for me and the CSR rep had to write 'DO NOT FORWARD' as part of my address to ensure that I got my orders from then on. Infuriating. And I'm still peeved too.
Wow, that sounds like some sort of fraud was going on.
post #36 of 36
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamja View Post
Did you ever get your package Freud?
No, never got the package. It's floating in mail limbo. Or it's being enjoyed by someone else...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Talk Amongst Ourselves
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › USPS says the package was delivered, but it wasn't.