post #21 of 33
12/17/09 at 9:33pm
we just switched to bunk beds from mattresses on the floor.
OK - since I've decided that my boys will be sharing a room for a long time, if not forever, I have some questions about bunkbeds.
My boys have twin beds in their room that could be bunked. We don't have them bunked for several reasons:
1. They would block a window (there are two windows in this corner room).
2. Our ceilings are fairly low (7.5 ft high) and the bunkbeds are full height.
3. I'm worried the kids would get hurt.
4. My kids like to flop on their beds and read. We like to sit on their beds and read to them.
5. Each of their twin beds currently has a set of three drawers that go under them, so each boy uses that as his dresser (enough space for now, but not for when they get older and wear larger clothes).
Obviously there are also many benefits to bunking the beds. Does anyone love their bunkbeds so much that they would try to convince me to try bunking ours?!
Now here's an idea!