or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Hello again! Constant hunger in very early pregnancy?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Hello again! Constant hunger in very early pregnancy?

post #1 of 24
Thread Starter 
I've posted a question before. And I hope for this one to be my last for a while until I have an urgent question or a BFP to share with you all. (:

Today I would be 3 weeks and 3 days pregnant. I stopped thinking about it for a while since I didn't want to stress or get my hopes up.

Starting about 2 days ago, I had a weird hunger binge. I started snacking constantly. It seems as soon as I put down an empty package, I was looking through the fridge to find something else.

I would eat meals, then snack almost 30 minutes later and continue to snack. I've also increased my water intake by a lot, and not on purpose either.

I was about to go to bed but then felt hungry, so got up to find what I could to see I've literally eaten almost all of our food. I'm trying to not eat so much so I don't end up gaining an excessive amount of weight.

One more thing, I'm underweight and have had problems gaining weight my whole life. I'm about 10 lbs under weight for my height and all. I was wondering if its possible to get this STARVING so early?

Maybe my body is telling me to gain some weight already.

P.S I don't get hungry before AF, usually the opposite.

Sorry for the long post, and please feel free to tell your stories. Take care ladies!
post #2 of 24
Hey welcome to MDC. When you say 3 weeks, 3 days pregnant, do you mean that is how long it is from your last menstrual period? Or are you 24 days past ovulation/conception based on a chart? If it is the latter, go test! You should get a clear answer. If its the former, based on the mythical 28 day cycle you could be 10 days past ovulation... or you may not have even ovulated at all yet.

So, there are a million reasons you could be extra hungry - even just excitement at TTC and then you talk yourself into being hungry. Although, while its not a symptom I've experienced, there is no reason to say it couldn't be for you. Personally, I've gotten queasy and gaggy the day before my bfp both times.

Keep us updated And if you haven't yet, find one of the group threads that fits and jump in. Anyone can join in The One Thread, and then there is the Obsessers and Testers thread, or TTC in our 20's, 30's or 40's. GL!
post #3 of 24
Thread Starter 
Thank you! While I was asking on another site, I got the answer mostly that it may be diabetes. The only thing is the doctor has never mentioned that in my life, and I find it a little strange that I would randomly get get symptoms for diabetes when I haven't out my entire life.

I'm 10DPO, I'm planning on testing in about 3 or 4 days just to be sure. It justs weird because I never have random hunger binges as long and bad as these, I do get them every once in a while at the end of AF, but they feel completely different.

I will try to find a thread to fit into and will try to keep you posted with results if you check back here in the near future.
post #4 of 24
Even if you were pg, you wouldn't likely exhibit symtpoms like that kind of extra hunger this early. But good luck!
post #5 of 24
Thread Starter 
You're more then likely right. I may be doing it out of stress I don't even realize that I have. Was just curious because when I looked it up online, people started getting that "bottomless pit of doom" feeling at about 5 weeks.

My only explanation if I was pregnant, would be that I'm 10-15 lbs under weight, and my body may be trying to get me to gain weight in a different way. I'll keep you guys posted!


Feel free to keep posting your stories and experiences.
post #6 of 24
When I was about 14 dpo with my daughter, I was a bottomless pit eating machine. We were on vacation with friends and I'm sure they all knew because I was eating easily twice as much as anyone else. I knew I was pregnant at that point and I can't remember if the hunger began any earlier than that. Good luck to you!
post #7 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernPixie View Post
When I was about 14 dpo with my daughter, I was a bottomless pit eating machine. We were on vacation with friends and I'm sure they all knew because I was eating easily twice as much as anyone else. I knew I was pregnant at that point and I can't remember if the hunger began any earlier than that. Good luck to you!
Thanks! My friend who was underweight started eating a whole lot. She was never hungry, and hardly ever felt like eating and then gained a lot of weight in the first 5 weeks. I suppose anything is possible.

Plus, with my slight other symptoms I'm hoping this will be good. Thanks for the story!
post #8 of 24
I was STARVING. I mean, not quite by that point... more like the 5 week mark, but absolutely freaking completely 1000% STARVING.

STARVING.

Some people get symptoms early, so who knows.
post #9 of 24
I was underweight when I conceived DD and didn't feel m/s/hungry until 5w4d :-)
post #10 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhiOrion View Post
I was STARVING. I mean, not quite by that point... more like the 5 week mark, but absolutely freaking completely 1000% STARVING.

STARVING.

Some people get symptoms early, so who knows.
Pretty much everyone I mention this to say "Its too early. Must be something else like diabetes" its such a let down. When I asked my friend about her symptoms, she said she was hungry almost right after conception and ate and ate until she sadly miscarried.

Thank you all though. I will just keep track of all my symptoms and then test on the 22nd. I'm hoping for a BFP obviously, but am trying to teach myself to just expect a BFN. (I dont know if either of those are good for my mental health)

One thing I know is everyones body is different, so expecting everyone to know what im talking about is crazy. It may be early symptoms, or just me seeing what I want to see.
post #11 of 24
I'm underweight too- and as soon as implantation happened (with all three of my little ones) I was constantly hungry.. I couldn't get enough

I also gained 70lbs with each pregnancy

good luck!!! maybe you can test tomorrow for us
post #12 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegemamato View Post
I'm underweight too- and as soon as implantation happened (with all three of my little ones) I was constantly hungry.. I couldn't get enough

I also gained 70lbs with each pregnancy

good luck!!! maybe you can test tomorrow for us
I would actually love to test for you guys tomorrow but only have one test left! (Its FRER so its a good test) Do you think it would work at 10DPO?

I was thinking the 2 extra days may gave my body a little extra time to decide what its going to give me.

If I dont get AF by the 28th, im testing again then. And then again at the beginning of January. (The fiances birthday is the 8th, thatd be so exciting!)

What is the best DPO to test and get an accurate, or close to accurate answer?
post #13 of 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by deboisinlove View Post
I would actually love to test for you guys tomorrow but only have one test left! (Its FRER so its a good test) Do you think it would work at 10DPO?

I was thinking the 2 extra days may gave my body a little extra time to decide what its going to give me.

If I dont get AF by the 28th, im testing again then. And then again at the beginning of January. (The fiances birthday is the 8th, thatd be so exciting!)

What is the best DPO to test and get an accurate, or close to accurate answer?

The FRER might work at 10DPO - it does for some and not for others, totally depending on when you implant. 12-14 DPO should give you a good idea of whether it's a BFP or BFN. Good luck!
post #14 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnegansmom View Post
The FRER might work at 10DPO - it does for some and not for others, totally depending on when you implant. 12-14 DPO should give you a good idea of whether it's a BFP or BFN. Good luck!
Thanks. I will be testing tomorrow and will tell you all how it goes. I'm hoping its BFP, obviously but I'm learning to prepare for the worst. If I still don't get AF, I'll probably be testing again on Christmas or the 28th.
post #15 of 24
post #16 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by gradstudentmommy View Post


I know! Its just like a drama or something. Oh the suspense. Hopefully it has a good outcome, if not theres always next month.
post #17 of 24
I also remember feeling VERY hungry even before AF was due.

The other slight symptom which I detected: usually I feel tired on 11 dpo and in the cycle that I did NOT feel tired on that day - I got pg. Alas it did not stick :cry but anyway it was a sign. But I digress.

Best wishes to you and please keep us posted.
post #18 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shy View Post
I also remember feeling VERY hungry even before AF was due.

The other slight symptom which I detected: usually I feel tired on 11 dpo and in the cycle that I did NOT feel tired on that day - I got pg. Alas it did not stick :cry but anyway it was a sign. But I digress.

Best wishes to you and please keep us posted.
I'm so sorry. I will be finding out tomorrow and will let you guys know as soon as I find out. I'm feeling really tired and bloated tonight from all the food so I'm really turned around. Only 12- hours to go!
post #19 of 24
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by shy View Post
I also remember feeling VERY hungry even before AF was due.

The other slight symptom which I detected: usually I feel tired on 11 dpo and in the cycle that I did NOT feel tired on that day - I got pg. Alas it did not stick :cry but anyway it was a sign. But I digress.

Best wishes to you and please keep us posted.
Well I had a dream last night I got a BFP, woke up tested and got a BFN instead. Its always such a bummer when you have a good feeling and it doesn't happen.

I talked to my friend and she said to expect a negative, and when you get your positive you'll be happy. I'm trying that and its like impossible for me. Its only been 2 months (going on 3 now) and I already feel like I should be giving up. I dont know if thats normal!

I'm starting to get AF like cramps, so if she doesn't pop up in the next few days I'll test again. My cycle LAST month was 33 days. I BD based on a 28 and 33 day cycle, I tested today as a 28 day cycle. So its STILL possible.

I'm just going to expect that negative. Thanks for all your help and baby dust to those who want it.
post #20 of 24
Hi, I'm new here! I am just wondering because I am 17 DPO, 3 days late and constantly hungry for the past 3 days. It possible that I'm PG?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Trying To Conceive
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Fertility › Trying To Conceive › Hello again! Constant hunger in very early pregnancy?