or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Recent Accomplishments

post #1 of 23
Thread Starter 
What's your little one doing?

Lyra is 8 weeks now, smiling away, babbling with vowel sounds (Mostly "Eh!" and "Oooh!"), holding her head steady when upright and during tummy time to a lesser degree. She's laughed out loud twice, but both times when she was sleeping, oddly enough (I wonder what she's dreaming about!)

And today she's started coughing to get my attention- It's hilarious. If I'm focussed on something other than her, she makes these little throat clearing noises.
post #2 of 23
we're at 10 weeks. Roslyn is smiling and talking up a storm, babbling at great length -maybe singing??? she holds her head up at 45 degrees during tummy time and babbles for indefinite periods of time.
she's also pulling up from lying down to sitting with me holding her hands; pushing up from sitting to standing with me holding her hands, doing back somersaults off my lap, assisted, and crawling like an inchworm when on her tummy and I apply pressure resistance to her feet. She's also sliding along the floor on her back by pushing against my hands and straightening her legs.
she's 25.5 inches long, which is off the charts for height!
she wants to be mobile!
post #3 of 23
Owen will be 12wks tomorrow, he is standing in my lap for loooooonngg periods of time. He LOL'd yesterday for the first time while awake. He is pretty much sleeping all night and awake most of the day, amazing. He also is the happiest baby I have ever seen, all day he just flashes HUGE grins to anyone who will look.

He started really *playing* with his toys on his bouncy chair, he'll coo at them and bounce the chair to get them to move, so awesome, he also bats them.
post #4 of 23
Okay, I just thought I'd put this out there for any first-time moms (or other moms) who have babies more like mine, because I can totally imagine if ds were my first, I would probably be starting to freak out at all those wonderful baby accomplishments.

Simon is 10 weeks. He sleeps a lot. He's still remarkably slug-like. (A large slug, granted. Last Monday he was 18 lbs, 10 oz.) He has started making repeated jabbing motions with his hands, which sometimes (quite possibly accidentally) hit toys dangling over his head. He likes to look at lights. He smiles very occasionally. (The smiles are slowly increasing, but there's no way, for instance, that I could expect to elicit one for a picture.) He doesn't really coo much yet. He's not doing much moving around on his own, other than inching over in my direction all night long. His main interests in life are nursing, sleeping, and staring at intersections of light and dark as though he's having a religious vision.

And, he's most likely a totally healthy and fine baby. He's just taking his time. Not exactly a type-A personality so far, our Simon. I can see him slowly waking up and becoming more aware of us and the world around him, but he's not really accumulating many easy-to-list accomplishments just yet. (He is, of course, the most wonderful baby in the world, but that's just my feeling on the subject. ) And, if you're reading this and you have a slug (albeit an incredibly cute one), too, hopefully you'll feel in good company.

(And please, if you're one of the PPers or another mom who would like to add her baby's more impressive accomplishments to the thread, I really don't mean to sound like you shouldn't be doing that! Definitely continue to celebrate your kids! Like I said, I just know it can be hard to read this kind of thread and not find any baby who sounds like your own, less advanced little one.)
post #5 of 23
Smiling, cooing, laughing, rolling front to back, has great head control, strong legs and abs! Her face is filling out and her she definitely putting on fat. She's outgrown many of her newborn clothes and is in the 3 month size. She's 8 weeks. She is starting to get some control over her hands, she can grab fistfuls of hair and she reaches out towards things but doesn't quite have the hand-eye coordination down yet.
post #6 of 23
Wow, that is a big baby. My dd lost weight according to the doctor we took her to today, but the scale was a bit odd. I am going to call her regular naturopath and have her weighed soon. She was only 9 pounds six ounces according to their scale, and she weighed 9 pounds 15 ounces two weeks ago. That doesn't seem possible does it??
post #7 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookietooth View Post
Wow, that is a big baby. My dd lost weight according to the doctor we took her to today, but the scale was a bit odd. I am going to call her regular naturopath and have her weighed soon. She was only 9 pounds six ounces according to their scale, and she weighed 9 pounds 15 ounces two weeks ago. That doesn't seem possible does it??
if it wasn't the same scale you used the time before, it will measure differently.

amelia is 14 wks old tomorrow...where did the time go???? she's cooing, saying "hi", reaching for/grabbing toys, laughing, smiling, and keeping me up at night! she is about 14 lbs and 24" so she's done a fair amount of growing these past 3 months. she was 5lbs 14 oz at her lowest and 19 1/2".
post #8 of 23
my daughter is 10w today and every single thing she does is amazingly beautiful
post #9 of 23
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kawa kamuri View Post
my daughter is 10w today and every single thing she does is amazingly beautiful
post #10 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortelliniMama View Post
His main interests in life are nursing, sleeping, and staring at intersections of light and dark as though he's having a religious vision.


I never thought to put it that way, but yeah.

Lilah is 9 weeks and is sleeping great - I get a good stretch starting between 11 and midnight and going until at least 3, sometimes 5:30! She's almost doubled her birth weight. She is very smiley and talkative and generally easy going. She's pretty much the best.
post #11 of 23
I love hearing about everyone's little one! Dylan is doing great. He'll be 11 weeks on Saturday. Everything is amazing to me, too. He "talks" all the time. Likes to have conversations but also likes to laugh to himself. He has discovered his right arm and hand and likes to hold it in a fist and look at it like it's a strange creature. He bats at the mobile on his bouncy chair ocassionally striking it.

He sleeps super well. Pretty much from 9:30-5 ish. If only I went to bed then, too it would be even better! He likes to try to stand up while I hold him, but immediately flops back down. He still can't hold his head up really well, it flops forward, but it doesn't stop him from trying to hold himself sitting up.

I love watching all of his new moves. He cracks me up every day. All of the smiles, coos, saying "hi", wiggles, and giggles make up for all of the hard times we've had.
post #12 of 23
Tristan is 9 weeks/2 months and I'm pretty sure he's doubled his birth weight. He's huge and chubby now, with jolly cheeks and a couple chins. He's outgrown mos of our 0-3mo clothes.

He sleeps like a wonder... seriously, DD didn't sleep this well until she was 2 years old. I'm sure it won't last but it's awesome.

He's been smiling for a while, and he started laughing a couple weeks ago. Except he mostly only laughs in his sleep while I'm rocking him to sleep. I wish I knew what he could possibly dream about that he thinks is so funny since nothing's that funny when he's awake!

He has great head control (again, so much better than DD did at this age!) and the last few days he's been really staring at his hands like they're something really awesome. He seems to spend a lot of time trying to get them into his mouth so he can suck/chew on them. He seems to wave them around sorta toward toys on his playmat.. could be coincidence but he does hit them into his rings an awful lot.
post #13 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aufilia View Post
Tristan is 9 weeks/2 months and I'm pretty sure he's doubled his birth weight. He's huge and chubby now, with jolly cheeks and a couple chins. He's outgrown mos of our 0-3mo clothes.

He sleeps like a wonder... seriously, DD didn't sleep this well until she was 2 years old. I'm sure it won't last but it's awesome.

He's been smiling for a while, and he started laughing a couple weeks ago. Except he mostly only laughs in his sleep while I'm rocking him to sleep. I wish I knew what he could possibly dream about that he thinks is so funny since nothing's that funny when he's awake!

He has great head control (again, so much better than DD did at this age!) and the last few days he's been really staring at his hands like they're something really awesome. He seems to spend a lot of time trying to get them into his mouth so he can suck/chew on them. He seems to wave them around sorta toward toys on his playmat.. could be coincidence but he does hit them into his rings an awful lot.
my Vlad sounds a lot like your Tristan! he's 10 wks today and has really packed on the chubs (he's about 15 lbs). dh was changing him the other day and had mistaken his chubs for being swollen, lol. he just keeps getting bigger every day. he's quickly growing out of his 3-6 month clothes. he has good control of his head. he sleeps well and rarely cries. he wants to put everything in his mouth. he shakes & sucks on rattles. he rolled over once at 6wks from tummy to back, but has denied a repeat performance. he's babbling & laughing away. my zen baby!
post #14 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortelliniMama View Post
Okay, I just thought I'd put this out there for any first-time moms (or other moms) who have babies more like mine, because I can totally imagine if ds were my first, I would probably be starting to freak out at all those wonderful baby accomplishments.

Simon is 10 weeks. He sleeps a lot. He's still remarkably slug-like. (A large slug, granted. Last Monday he was 18 lbs, 10 oz.) He has started making repeated jabbing motions with his hands, which sometimes (quite possibly accidentally) hit toys dangling over his head. He likes to look at lights. He smiles very occasionally. (The smiles are slowly increasing, but there's no way, for instance, that I could expect to elicit one for a picture.) He doesn't really coo much yet. He's not doing much moving around on his own, other than inching over in my direction all night long. His main interests in life are nursing, sleeping, and staring at intersections of light and dark as though he's having a religious vision.

And, he's most likely a totally healthy and fine baby. He's just taking his time. Not exactly a type-A personality so far, our Simon. I can see him slowly waking up and becoming more aware of us and the world around him, but he's not really accumulating many easy-to-list accomplishments just yet. (He is, of course, the most wonderful baby in the world, but that's just my feeling on the subject. ) And, if you're reading this and you have a slug (albeit an incredibly cute one), too, hopefully you'll feel in good company.

(And please, if you're one of the PPers or another mom who would like to add her baby's more impressive accomplishments to the thread, I really don't mean to sound like you shouldn't be doing that! Definitely continue to celebrate your kids! Like I said, I just know it can be hard to read this kind of thread and not find any baby who sounds like your own, less advanced little one.)
LOVE the honesty!!!!!!! great post!!! Ds is just like your son only he is a tad of a fussy slug... and he loves the lights too.
post #15 of 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by TortelliniMama View Post

Simon is 10 weeks. He sleeps a lot. He's still remarkably slug-like. (A large slug, granted. Last Monday he was 18 lbs, 10 oz.)
Geez, that's a chunky monkey slug baby you have there!! My chunky monkey is 16lbs 8oz. which puts him in the 96th percentile so your monkey must be waay off the charts! lol

Our baby laughed yesterday for the very 1st time (besides in his sleep). And he did it for his dada. It was soooooooo cute. I asked dh to hold him while I went to the bathroom & came back to find him totally laughing. I caught just the tail end of it on the video camera. OMG, so cute.

I have no idea how many weeks he is.... born 10/12, I call him 2 & 1/2 months old.
post #16 of 23
MsVyky - I had noticed our DD's similar names, but hadn't seen your sig including her middle name. Mine's Lilah May, lol. Also, Lyra was born on my due date. Lilah came on the 19th.

It's interesting seeing what the others are doing. It's so fun that we get genuine smiles now, and little conversations. I can't wait for her to laugh! And then crawl, walk, talk, etc...
post #17 of 23
So, Reagan will be 14 weeks on Saturday and she astonishes me every day!! She's had great control of her head for a while now and she talks a lot!! Usually more so in the morning, but also when daddy gets home from work. She loves to stand and will pull herself into sitting positions and standing positions as long as she has my fingers in a death grip. She pulled herself into a sitting position (4 times!) without any help on the 1st of December and rolled from her tummy to back 3 days before Christmas!! I missed the first two which I was bummed about, but caught the third time. She hasn't really rolled over since then. She loves her friends that hang above her on her gym mat and bats at them all the time. Lately she has taken to scooting herself around her mat so that she can look at each one of them. She makes lots of giggling type noises when mommy or daddy are making funny faces, but I'm not sure if I would call them genuine laughs. She says hi when mommy says it to her, but not sure if I should really count it as her first word. She loves "swimming" in the bathtub. I'll lay her on her back on my legs and she will just kick and flail like crazy!! She loves staring at her hands and she just started pulling her legs up and grabbing her feet yesterday. I am so proud of her!!
post #18 of 23
Veronica is 12 weeks tomorrow and rolled from her back to her belly this AM I actually missed it because I had run out for groceries and left her here because it is so darn cold here My kids seem to roll early. My first didn't do it early, but my second rolled both ways 2 days before turning 10 weeks, so Veronica is actually a little behind My second started crawling and walking early as well, so maybe Veronica will be slightly early as well. I think she wants to play with her older sisters
post #19 of 23
Thread Starter 
nak

Lyra has started having little conversations. It starts with her saying 'oh', and we can go back and forth. She also 'talks' to (this will sound really weird, lol) this little speaker on her swing. I put her in the swing in the morning to get cats/dogs fed, let out, coffee on, etc, and I could hear her babbling. So I came into the living room to see what she was up to, and she was staring at the little 'ear' that the swing haas (it has baby activated music) and she was chattering away at it and waiting for it to respond, LMAO.

I'll have to get a video of it, it's so funny.

eta: got one!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWFz-...layer_embedded
post #20 of 23
I wanted my last DDC post to be a happy one!

let's see, baby is currently having an actual conversation with me - with response pauses and all. lots of ahhhhwows and ahhh-hays.

also, she found her toes! is semi-rolling, laughs outloud, especially when sat atop the yoga ball and bounced! and we are sleeping with her in the co-sleeper in the bedroom again and maybe getting a night sleep cycle on track!?!

it's getting fun!
have a blast with your smiley social babes everyone and enjoy their every new milestone!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2009