or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Work from Home Parents › Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? - Page 7

post #121 of 579

Hours?

I notice that it states that you can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week unless approved for more hours....Is it ever possible to get more than 20 hours?
post #122 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missshanzie View Post
I notice that it states that you can only work a maximum of 20 hours per week unless approved for more hours....Is it ever possible to get more than 20 hours?
Yes. There are times when they raise the limits and they let you know via email and on the rater portal.
post #123 of 579

hours

Thanks....im debating whether leapforce or lionbridge is better because ive heard that with leapforce you get paid a little less but you have unlimited hours but with lionsbridge you can only do the 20. is it more than 20 hours often?

thanks
post #124 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missshanzie View Post
Thanks....im debating whether leapforce or lionbridge is better because ive heard that with leapforce you get paid a little less but you have unlimited hours but with lionsbridge you can only do the 20. is it more than 20 hours often?

thanks
I've been working since February and I'd say they extended the hours about 3 times between then and now.
post #125 of 579

Another Newbie

I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread, but....

I just applied on 5/27 and still haven't heard back about my application. How long did it take other folks to hear back on their application?

I got an autoconfirmation that it was recieved but nothing else with more info about tests or anything. When I log in at the SAP-E Recruiting page it says my application is "in process." Is there something else I'm supposed to do that I've just missed?

Thanks folks!
post #126 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by violetflapjack View Post
I don't know if anyone is still checking this thread, but....

I just applied on 5/27 and still haven't heard back about my application. How long did it take other folks to hear back on their application?

I got an autoconfirmation that it was recieved but nothing else with more info about tests or anything. When I log in at the SAP-E Recruiting page it says my application is "in process." Is there something else I'm supposed to do that I've just missed?

Thanks folks!
It can take a couple of weeks or so before you hear back. Depends on how busy they are w/ applications. I do know that you don't hear back if you don't pass which is kind of sucky. Hope you hear something soon!
post #127 of 579
It took me about 3 weeks to hear back.

I'm really glad I ran across this thread and decided to apply. I've been working for a little over 2 weeks, and I'm really enjoying it so far. It's almost like playing a game, trying to figure out what rating makes sense in as little time as possible. My first timesheet was approved, and my productivity has been over the acceptable mark for the last 2 weeks, so those are two things I'm not stressing over much any more. Hopefully my quality rating will be okay when I finally get one. So far, I've only gotten one type of task, and I'm hoping I get to try out some of the others before too long. (And hoping I think those tasks are fun, too.)
post #128 of 579
I think it took them about a month to get back to me. Maybe it wasn't quite that long, but I remember that it was a long time.
post #129 of 579
Thanks for the reassurance!
post #130 of 579

New Rater Question!

Hey!
I just started the job with LB! Quick question to those who have already started the rating process! How do we track our time and tasks? Do we have an actual tracker or are we just required to write down the time that we have on our computer clock and how many tasks we have done?
Any tips for a new rater?!

Thanks!!!
post #131 of 579
So far, I'm just keeping track using pen and paper - I write down my start and end times, and make tally marks for every task. If you Google "Lionbridge task tracker" you should be able to find information on a free tracking program that's out there. I don't know anything about how well it works.
post #132 of 579
I use the freeware mentioned (lionbridge task control) and it's been very helpful. You have to keep track of the type of task, but you click a button when you complete a task and it keeps track. I've found it easier to remember to do that then mark a piece of paper, just my personal preference, especially with tasks that only take 15-20 seconds.

He also has a pay version that does more, but I've been pretty happy with the freeware.
post #133 of 579
I couldn't download the software mentioned for some reason. I just use a Firefox timer add-on and make tally marks on a notepad. Works well enough.
post #134 of 579
can anyone give any insight into how tough the math is on this?
post #135 of 579
I have no idea why some people talked about having math on the test. The test I took had no math at all, and the job requires no math knowledge (beyond being able to keep track of time worked and tasks completed.) Some people mentioned a pre-test, and I wonder if that is something in addition to the 2-part test I took. Maybe some people are asked to take a pre-test if their resume doesn't clearly show they're qualified?
post #136 of 579
Ok so I just submitted my application.... fingers crossed!
post #137 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphos View Post
can anyone give any insight into how tough the math is on this?
I don't recall any math on the tests, either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by velcromom View Post
Ok so I just submitted my application.... fingers crossed!
Good luck!
post #138 of 579
post #139 of 579
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetjasmine View Post
Seriously- whenever I see this type of post, I laugh to myself because I don't think there is any better emoticon


I just submitted my application as well- it will be interesting to see how quickly our apps get through since we applied only a few days apart!
post #140 of 579
I had math on part one of my test and it was hard for me. I'm grateful I could use online calculators.

For those who are applying/testings - good luck!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Work from Home Parents
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Parenting › Work from Home Parents › Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor?