Well, we had our u/s this morning and true to my gut feeling, there are 2 babies!! However, we only saw one heartbeat. At 5wks 6days, it's far from impossible that we'll see the 2nd heartbeat when we go back in another week, but now there's just one more thing to stress about in this whole IF deal!! I'm really trying to just focus on the joy that we have one heartbeat/baby for sure
and not focus on the "twins" idea (yeah...right!).
The nurse said the 2 sacs are measuring very close in size, which is a good sign, but that it was still "50/50" at this point. My RE then said there was a "30% chance" one twin wouldn't make it....however, I prefer to look at it as a 70% chance they will! It's all very surreal and I'm not sure at what point you ever fully grasp the concept of multiples???!!!!
I could tell right away that there were 2 sacs and the rest of the u/s is a blur..I literally went into shock even though I had it in my head that I was carrying twins.
I'm going to try and focus on that one healthy baby, but keep my prayers that twin B continues to develop and we see a h/b next week!